Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1089Likes

Team Associated B6.1 & B6.1D thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-24-2020, 06:21 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated B6.1 & B6.1D thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: Kraig
Welcome to the B6.1 and B6.1D Wiki page.

Features:

Easy-access gear differential
Differential height adjustment with 0, 1, 2, and 3mm inserts included
New slipper assembly for better weight balance and shock clearance
3-gear Laydown Stealth(r) transmission for lower and forward CG
Heavy-duty V2 routed graphite front shock tower with tower guard
Heavy-duty V2 routed graphite rear tower, standard height
Heavy-duty V2 rear axle with 67mm bones
V2 springs for a more reactive and nimble feel
Innovative rear arm with molded inserts for ultra-fine lower shock mount adjustment
Molded spur gear guard to help protect body from damage
Front and rear anti-roll bars limit chassis roll for increased corner speed
Battery strap allows the use of optional turnbuckle-based braces
Machined pistons included for better fit and smoother operation
Aluminum rear clamping hex and front axle with laser etching
Rear hubs feature large bearings and the easy-insert system to adjust camber link position and rear axle height
One-piece shock bushing to make assembly easier
Aluminum C and D arm mounts included for large range of anti-squat and toe adjustment
Lightweight aluminum top shaft
Factory Team upgraded ball bearing kit included (now oiled instead of greased for less drag)
JConcepts(r) B6 clear body and wing included
Steel chassis weight
Shortened, 7075 aluminum chassis

Features:

Easy-access ball differential
Differential height adjustment with 0, 1, 2, and 3mm inserts included
New slipper assembly for better weight balance and shock clearance
3-gear Lay Back Stealth(r) transmission for lower and rearward CG
Heavy-duty V2 routed graphite front shock tower with tower guard
Heavy-duty V2 routed graphite rear tower, long
Heavy-duty V2 rear axle with 67mm bones
V2 springs for a more reactive and nimble feel
Innovative rear arm with molded inserts for ultra-fine lower shock mount adjustment
Molded spur gear guard to help protect body from damage
+1 steering block arms optimize feel on dirt tracks
Battery strap allows the use of optional turnbuckle-based braces
Machined pistons included for better fit and smoother operation
Aluminum rear clamping hex and front axle with laser etching
Rear hubs feature large bearings and the easy-insert system to adjust camber link position and rear axle height
One-piece shock bushing to make assembly easier
Aluminum C and D arm mounts included for large range of anti-squat and toe adjustment
Lightweight aluminum top shaft
Factory Team upgraded ball bearing kit included (now oiled instead of greased for less drag)
JConcepts(r) B6 clear body and wing included
Shortened, 7075 aluminum chassis

Setup Sheets and other documentation
Setup sheets for both cars:
Piston Drills:
Aftermarket Upgrades:

Parts List:

Reference Guides (courtesy of Ray Munday and Roger M.):

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2019, 01:14 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

For strictly stock 17.5 regular d or the lite? clay indoor in Mi Dirtburners and clubhouse?
Old 02-22-2019, 03:42 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Hey guys. Looking at either the B6.1 team kit or B6.1 Factory light. Will only be running on carpet tracks or combination carpet and turf. In your opinion which would be better to start off with. Since the Factory light comes with all the lightened goodies and I'll be running just stock, I'm thinking that this is the way to go. But from some people I've talked to, the lightened stuff just doesn't hold up as well on the Super Traction tracks. Any thoughts???
Old 02-22-2019, 06:47 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 159 (99%+)

Originally Posted by outoftouchrc
For strictly stock 17.5 regular d or the lite? clay indoor in Mi Dirtburners and clubhouse?
I would go with the Lite for 17.5 only at Dirtburners and Clubhouse, but it's a close call. The layback transmission with a slipper would probably be better at DB since the surface can be a bit choppy, but the laydown with the slipper eliminator would be ideal for Clubhouse.

Originally Posted by Mr. Bubby
Hey guys. Looking at either the B6.1 team kit or B6.1 Factory light. Will only be running on carpet tracks or combination carpet and turf. In your opinion which would be better to start off with. Since the Factory light comes with all the lightened goodies and I'll be running just stock, I'm thinking that this is the way to go. But from some people I've talked to, the lightened stuff just doesn't hold up as well on the Super Traction tracks. Any thoughts???
Without buying extra parts, you should go with the B6.1. The aluminum bones and ball diff in the Factory Light will be a weak spot on carpet/turf, even with a 17.5 motor. Or you could get the FL and install a gear diff and steel driveshafts. You'll probably want the springs and weight plate that comes in the B6.1, though. It's a matter of deciding what parts you want in the end and which route is cheaper.
Old 02-22-2019, 07:28 AM
Tech Adept

What size arm reamers do you use on the B6/B6.1 ?

Old 02-22-2019, 09:51 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default thread pitch

It's been suggested to run a tap through some of the tight plastic peices. M3 diam, but what is the pitch .35 or .50?
Old 02-22-2019, 10:14 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I have heard good and bad things about pre tapping stuff some say its nice for assembly but weakens it also.
Old 02-22-2019, 10:21 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 159 (99%+)

Originally Posted by mediumquick
It's been suggested to run a tap through some of the tight plastic peices. M3 diam, but what is the pitch .35 or .50?
0.50 is what you want.
Old 02-22-2019, 10:32 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I have a gen 1 b6 with the 67mm puck system so basically the identical setup as on the b6.1 FL and I've been running it on a very high grip indoor clay (think damp track with slicks where there's so much grip when you get on the throttle the tires make a popping noise) for over a year with about one track day a week and the pucks have lasted me about 1-1.5 months before I replace the plastics and after about a year the bones had worn enough around the pins that I replaced them. Overall I think they have held up very well and they do make a BIG difference everywhere on the track. My vote goes to the FL.

​​​
Old 02-22-2019, 10:46 AM
mes
Tech Elite

The B6.1 team kit is a better package for carpet and astroturf. If you want to reduce rotating mass, I'd recommend the Schelle Nova slipper SCH1309, but I'd not go for a slipper eliminator or cut gearbox internals.

Originally Posted by D1360
What size arm reamers do you use on the B6/B6.1 ?
I found the only spot to watch was the point near the hinge pin screw. Use a 3 mm drill bit or maybe even a body reamer to remove some material after installing the screw and you should be good to go. An arm reamer won't do the trick because of the screw blocking the hole (as intended).

Old 02-22-2019, 11:23 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Krio
I would go with the Lite for 17.5 only at Dirtburners and Clubhouse, but it's a close call. The layback transmission with a slipper would probably be better at DB since the surface can be a bit choppy, but the laydown with the slipper eliminator would be ideal for Clubhouse.

Without buying extra parts, you should go with the B6.1. The aluminum bones and ball diff in the Factory Light will be a weak spot on carpet/turf, even with a 17.5 motor. Or you could get the FL and install a gear diff and steel driveshafts. You'll probably want the springs and weight plate that comes in the B6.1, though. It's a matter of deciding what parts you want in the end and which route is cheaper.
No big deal just pick up the layback same motor plate and the I have the gear where I put the lay down in my t6 and sc6. Thanks.
Old 02-23-2019, 07:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Can someone tell me where I can buy some cut gears foe my stock 2wd?
Old 02-24-2019, 12:27 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by offroad dude
Rc speed secrets has the gears for a reasonable price
Old 02-24-2019, 01:11 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Originally Posted by offroad dude
​www.rcspeedsecrets.com is the place go for cut gears and other performance parts.
offroad dude likes this.
Old 02-24-2019, 12:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Besides the quick diff access, are the any differences between the b6.1 and the b6 suspension geometry? sorry for silly question.
Old 02-24-2019, 02:21 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

The 6.1 has 67mm dog bones, which is an aftermarket update on the 6 and the chassis is a few mm’s shorter and the updated rear arms have more shock mounting options. The “d” version also has the shorter “layback” transmission and the longer rear shock bodies.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.