Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1089Likes

Team Associated B6.1 & B6.1D thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-24-2020, 06:21 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated B6.1 & B6.1D thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: Kraig
Welcome to the B6.1 and B6.1D Wiki page.

Features:

Easy-access gear differential
Differential height adjustment with 0, 1, 2, and 3mm inserts included
New slipper assembly for better weight balance and shock clearance
3-gear Laydown Stealth(r) transmission for lower and forward CG
Heavy-duty V2 routed graphite front shock tower with tower guard
Heavy-duty V2 routed graphite rear tower, standard height
Heavy-duty V2 rear axle with 67mm bones
V2 springs for a more reactive and nimble feel
Innovative rear arm with molded inserts for ultra-fine lower shock mount adjustment
Molded spur gear guard to help protect body from damage
Front and rear anti-roll bars limit chassis roll for increased corner speed
Battery strap allows the use of optional turnbuckle-based braces
Machined pistons included for better fit and smoother operation
Aluminum rear clamping hex and front axle with laser etching
Rear hubs feature large bearings and the easy-insert system to adjust camber link position and rear axle height
One-piece shock bushing to make assembly easier
Aluminum C and D arm mounts included for large range of anti-squat and toe adjustment
Lightweight aluminum top shaft
Factory Team upgraded ball bearing kit included (now oiled instead of greased for less drag)
JConcepts(r) B6 clear body and wing included
Steel chassis weight
Shortened, 7075 aluminum chassis

Features:

Easy-access ball differential
Differential height adjustment with 0, 1, 2, and 3mm inserts included
New slipper assembly for better weight balance and shock clearance
3-gear Lay Back Stealth(r) transmission for lower and rearward CG
Heavy-duty V2 routed graphite front shock tower with tower guard
Heavy-duty V2 routed graphite rear tower, long
Heavy-duty V2 rear axle with 67mm bones
V2 springs for a more reactive and nimble feel
Innovative rear arm with molded inserts for ultra-fine lower shock mount adjustment
Molded spur gear guard to help protect body from damage
+1 steering block arms optimize feel on dirt tracks
Battery strap allows the use of optional turnbuckle-based braces
Machined pistons included for better fit and smoother operation
Aluminum rear clamping hex and front axle with laser etching
Rear hubs feature large bearings and the easy-insert system to adjust camber link position and rear axle height
One-piece shock bushing to make assembly easier
Aluminum C and D arm mounts included for large range of anti-squat and toe adjustment
Lightweight aluminum top shaft
Factory Team upgraded ball bearing kit included (now oiled instead of greased for less drag)
JConcepts(r) B6 clear body and wing included
Shortened, 7075 aluminum chassis

Setup Sheets and other documentation
Setup sheets for both cars:
Piston Drills:
Aftermarket Upgrades:

Parts List:

Reference Guides (courtesy of Ray Munday and Roger M.):

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2018, 01:00 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

On the B6.1 chassis, there are two plain-bore holes at the rear, to the outside of the C-block mounting holes. Does anyone know if they’re correctly spaced for the B6 c-block?
Old 08-26-2018, 02:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Davidka
On the B6.1 chassis, there are two plain-bore holes at the rear, to the outside of the C-block mounting holes. Does anyone know if they’re correctly spaced for the B6 c-block?
David,

Are you referring to the two small locator pins of the new style c-block? I think that is what you are seeing, they are not countersunk.
Old 08-26-2018, 03:46 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Yup. Looking closer at an image of each chassis, the locator holes do look to be spaced narrower than the mounting holes on the old c-block. New block it will need.
Old 08-29-2018, 08:17 AM
Dan
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Thinking about ordering a B6.1 soon for indoor black carpet. Not trying to spend a whole lot more but what are some absolute "must have" upgrades?

Also what tires and inserts are recommended? This will be built to run on mod power.
Old 08-29-2018, 11:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dan
Thinking about ordering a B6.1 soon for indoor black carpet. Not trying to spend a whole lot more but what are some absolute "must have" upgrades?

Also what tires and inserts are recommended? This will be built to run on mod power.
brass front bulkhead, servo weight, pinpoints (stock foam) and wedge front (no insert)
Old 08-29-2018, 02:19 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Thoughts on the 6.1d factory light kit guys? Everything i run now is 6.1 except my stock dirt buggy. Should I sell both my b6 and 6d with parts and just do the light kit?
Old 08-29-2018, 02:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by outoftouchrc
Thoughts on the 6.1d factory light kit guys?
Favorite part of this buggy is they are using 'name brand' (MIP) aftermarket parts. Would love to see a full-option kit like that from the base manufacturer. Toss in some JC suspension hangers and rear mount, Avid lockout, Lunsford TI screws and turnbuckles.
Old 08-29-2018, 06:32 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gee-dub
Favorite part of this buggy is they are using 'name brand' (MIP) aftermarket parts. Would love to see a full-option kit like that from the base manufacturer. Toss in some JC suspension hangers and rear mount, Avid lockout, Lunsford TI screws and turnbuckles.
If they make it I don't see them adding JC, Avid, or Lunsford stuff to a kit. If they did, it would increase the cost to the consumer.
Old 08-29-2018, 11:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Dan

start with stock setup. This buggy is awesome out of the box. If really high traction then start adding some weight to the front
brian mills likes this.
Old 08-31-2018, 02:50 AM
Tech Initiate

Currently have a B64 and LOVE it. Now I'm looking for a 2wd buggy. Of course Im thinking of going with the B6.1 but was curious if its worth picking up a use B6 instead? Keep in mind that I dont race but do roll out to the tracks when Im able just to practice so I dont need anything crazy. Another reason Im thinking B6. Are there many advantages to the 6.1 over the 6?
Old 08-31-2018, 03:48 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Just my opinion but if you don't race it really does not matter what you get. save the $$$ and just have fun in doing what you do. and as far a noticeable difference between the 6 series and the 6.1's yes there is a noticeable difference, me and my brother both race at a club level and are by no means what I would consider "good drivers" he has the B6D and I have the B6.1D and we can tell the difference between the 2 when I first got mine we went to a practice day and took turns driving the 2 and even box stock no upgrades with kit setup we both liked the 6.1 better, and I had the club racer version before, like I said before were not pros and noticed the difference IMO Associated hit this one right on the head with a very good new version.
HeavyD99 and mes like this.
Old 08-31-2018, 06:01 AM
Tech Initiate

I would like to race and find going to the tracks for practice a lot of fun. Just dont have the time in the evenings to go out for an eventful night. Most tracks around here open between 12-2pm so Im there when they open and leave 2-3 hours later. While events happen later in the evening around 6-7 and go till 9-10. Also for me the closest track is 40 minutes while the one I visit often, due to better hours, is about an hour and 25 minutes away. So spending the money and getting a 6.1 together isn't a big deal. I was just curious if it was worth it with greater advantages over the 6. Thank you for taking the time and leaving your feedback on your experience.
Old 08-31-2018, 09:11 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Originally Posted by joeyhatch11
I would like to race and find going to the tracks for practice a lot of fun. Just dont have the time in the evenings to go out for an eventful night. Most tracks around here open between 12-2pm so Im there when they open and leave 2-3 hours later. While events happen later in the evening around 6-7 and go till 9-10. Also for me the closest track is 40 minutes while the one I visit often, due to better hours, is about an hour and 25 minutes away. So spending the money and getting a 6.1 together isn't a big deal. I was just curious if it was worth it with greater advantages over the 6. Thank you for taking the time and leaving your feedback on your experience.
It is a much better car. Just get the 6.1
Old 08-31-2018, 09:46 AM
mes
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Wildcat1971
It is a much better car. Just get the 6.1
Right, and it is much easier to work on than most other platforms out there.
Old 08-31-2018, 09:57 AM
mes
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by bif24701
How many folks have children that share the hobby with you? Do you run the same cars and classes. How does it work for you in the pits?
My son has been on and off the hobby for a couple of years now, but until this season, he always raced in another class. This season, he joined me, and as I am only running one class, I was able to lend him a hand. As his aim is to become an industrial engineer, I told him to wrench on his stuff himself next season, though. So far, we have not run the same cars yet, but we are going to race stadium truck together next season and of course buy the same model to help with set-up work and spare parts supply. It is much easier to only carry around one box of spares instead of two.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.