Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1089Likes

Team Associated B6.1 & B6.1D thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-24-2020, 06:21 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated B6.1 & B6.1D thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: Kraig
Welcome to the B6.1 and B6.1D Wiki page.

Features:

Easy-access gear differential
Differential height adjustment with 0, 1, 2, and 3mm inserts included
New slipper assembly for better weight balance and shock clearance
3-gear Laydown Stealth(r) transmission for lower and forward CG
Heavy-duty V2 routed graphite front shock tower with tower guard
Heavy-duty V2 routed graphite rear tower, standard height
Heavy-duty V2 rear axle with 67mm bones
V2 springs for a more reactive and nimble feel
Innovative rear arm with molded inserts for ultra-fine lower shock mount adjustment
Molded spur gear guard to help protect body from damage
Front and rear anti-roll bars limit chassis roll for increased corner speed
Battery strap allows the use of optional turnbuckle-based braces
Machined pistons included for better fit and smoother operation
Aluminum rear clamping hex and front axle with laser etching
Rear hubs feature large bearings and the easy-insert system to adjust camber link position and rear axle height
One-piece shock bushing to make assembly easier
Aluminum C and D arm mounts included for large range of anti-squat and toe adjustment
Lightweight aluminum top shaft
Factory Team upgraded ball bearing kit included (now oiled instead of greased for less drag)
JConcepts(r) B6 clear body and wing included
Steel chassis weight
Shortened, 7075 aluminum chassis

Features:

Easy-access ball differential
Differential height adjustment with 0, 1, 2, and 3mm inserts included
New slipper assembly for better weight balance and shock clearance
3-gear Lay Back Stealth(r) transmission for lower and rearward CG
Heavy-duty V2 routed graphite front shock tower with tower guard
Heavy-duty V2 routed graphite rear tower, long
Heavy-duty V2 rear axle with 67mm bones
V2 springs for a more reactive and nimble feel
Innovative rear arm with molded inserts for ultra-fine lower shock mount adjustment
Molded spur gear guard to help protect body from damage
+1 steering block arms optimize feel on dirt tracks
Battery strap allows the use of optional turnbuckle-based braces
Machined pistons included for better fit and smoother operation
Aluminum rear clamping hex and front axle with laser etching
Rear hubs feature large bearings and the easy-insert system to adjust camber link position and rear axle height
One-piece shock bushing to make assembly easier
Aluminum C and D arm mounts included for large range of anti-squat and toe adjustment
Lightweight aluminum top shaft
Factory Team upgraded ball bearing kit included (now oiled instead of greased for less drag)
JConcepts(r) B6 clear body and wing included
Shortened, 7075 aluminum chassis

Setup Sheets and other documentation
Setup sheets for both cars:
Piston Drills:
Aftermarket Upgrades:

Parts List:

Reference Guides (courtesy of Ray Munday and Roger M.):

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2018, 10:52 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 159 (99%+)

I believe the extra edge is to use the VTS4 slipper setup (extra pad and slipper plate for more surface area) without requiring the basket piece.
Old 04-25-2018, 11:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Anyone know what the hold up with the Kashima shocks is? Seems they have been on B/O forever???
Old 04-25-2018, 12:32 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by PorTX
Anyone know what the hold up with the Kashima shocks is? Seems they have been on B/O forever???
You're talking about the 12 x 23 front Kashima shocks (ASC91576)...right?

Yeah, IDK...amain has shown them on B/O since November of last year. My LHS somehow had a couple sets of them a while back, and I probably should have bought both of them, but just thought that AE was backed up with the new car releases, and would have them back in stock shortly after, but alas...
PorTX likes this.
Old 04-25-2018, 12:49 PM
Tech Adept

I'm sure that everyone has their own car prep and maintenance routine, but just thought I'd post this prep/maintenance checklist that I found (published by Ray Munday), so everyone can keep their 6.1s going strong!

And please share, if anyone has any additional/different tips or strategies for car prep and maintenance.

Thanks!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Car_Prep_Matrix.pdf (305.5 KB, 267 views)
socalcloin likes this.
Old 04-25-2018, 03:06 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gswart44
I'm sure that everyone has their own car prep and maintenance routine, but just thought I'd post this prep/maintenance checklist that I found (published by Ray Munday), so everyone can keep their 6.1s going strong!

And please share, if anyone has any additional/different tips or strategies for car prep and maintenance.

Thanks!
Already helped me out.. baby wipes to clean. What a great idea. Simple green still seems the common go to, but a pack of baby wipes for light cleaning is easier.
Do most people threadlock their pinion? I don't ever remember doing this but then again it makes sense.

Will keep it handy, maybe print it out. I like lists anyways, I tend to space out and forget to do basic stuff. Thanks for sharing.
Old 04-25-2018, 03:28 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by socalcloin
Do most people threadlock their pinion? I don't ever remember doing this but then again it makes sense.
I've had pinions with both 17.5 and mod come loose, I always threadlock now. I actually do it from new as it also stops the grub screws rattling free from the pinions in my parts box.
socalcloin likes this.
Old 04-25-2018, 03:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PorTX
Hopefully someone else to make them........ The color variations on them was not very good. I have had all four slightly different colors. I decided to just use the stock silver until their process is better.
Old 04-25-2018, 03:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Phat-Boy
Does b6.1 comes with lightweight body? Just red in vlog that it came with lightweight .
yes
Old 04-25-2018, 04:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Braxamus
Luke if you noticed you got a bag of older parts like the older gear cover, a set of the offset ball cups that used to be for the front steering, and a shorter waterfall for the stand up trans I believe, and a couple other odds and ends not used in the build. Just follow instructions and the build is one of the best I have done.
I'm still not sure what those angled ballcups are for. Seems weird to include them.
Old 04-25-2018, 04:54 PM
Tech Initiate

Just a FYI. I just finished building my B6.1 and I had a strange bind in the trans. I work on it for a long time before I found the problem. The whiteish idler gear is out of round. I replaced it with a B6 , grey idler and the bind was gone. This may be why people are having problems stripping this gear with direct drive. The mesh is tight, then loose as the gear spins. And with the thinner topshaft of the direct drive is cutting the idler when the mesh is loose.
Old 04-25-2018, 05:53 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by cbazq271
Just a FYI. I just finished building my B6.1 and I had a strange bind in the trans. I work on it for a long time before I found the problem. The whiteish idler gear is out of round. I replaced it with a B6 , grey idler and the bind was gone. This may be why people are having problems stripping this gear with direct drive. The mesh is tight, then loose as the gear spins. And with the thinner topshaft of the direct drive is cutting the idler when the mesh is loose.
Yeah, it's weird that AE lists the same part number (ASC91717) for the grey B6 (26T) idler and the off-white (seemingly problematic - 26T) idler that comes in the new B6.1 kits. I wonder if they made the new idler for the B6.1 out of a slightly different material?
Old 04-25-2018, 06:12 PM
Tech Adept

Besides using blue threadlocker on the pinion set screw, as a few have mentioned, what else does everyone use the blue threadlocker on when building their cars?

The conventional wisdom seems to say anytime you have metal to metal, as it can potentially vibrate loose. But I've heard some different theories on this, and it's one of those things that you can't really get a consensus on. I would be interested to hear what has worked well for some of you guys in the past?

Thanks!
Old 04-25-2018, 06:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

I got my b61.D last week ago but still not build no time to build yet.. Anyway how everyone like compare to B6D?
Old 04-25-2018, 07:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

It's a good build. The rear end is the only real difference. Getting to the diff will be so much easier so that's good. The plastics feel different but no long term use yet to test durability.
Old 04-25-2018, 11:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gswart44

Thanks!
Thanks for sharing that mate. Glad to hear you guys find it useful BTW I have been working on some outdoor setups for the B6.1D in various configurations. Still learning, but Ive posted some starting setups in the link below and also uploaded a few videos (1 of standup / shocks forward, the other layback / shocks rear). Any questions, hit me up here or at my facebook page linked below.
B6.1 Setups
https://www.facebook.com/AskRayMundayRC/

Ray
Big_Show and gswart44 like this.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.