Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2006 ORRCA QLD On-Road Championships

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2006, 09:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Had a great time up in QLD over the weekend, albeit a bit sunburned now.

Congratulations to all the winners. Congrats to Cookie who on the day, was just too quick and consistent in the end. Had an awesome time dicing in the final A Main for the first 3 minutes or so with great nose-to-tail racing by all involved.

But overall.... had a great time on the track and off the track. It was good to meet all of the QLD racers and officials, (and put faces to the names on these forums) who really do know how to compete and run a racemeet well.

Andrew and I stopped in at the Brendale track on our way to the airport and I was just amazed at the facilities we'll have to play with in about 6 weeks. Should be a fantastic event and I look forward to seeing you all there.
Old 10-01-2006, 11:30 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Thanks guys for a great race meet, and sorry to say that the transponder colour issue was a down and costly to several players. When questioned as to whats happening and its fixed, I never saw a fix at all. Results show 2 juniors in "A" finals who wernt recognised either, how did the trophy get given when it says highest placed?
Apart from, great meet back next year. Thanks Harris RC for the cells for Chris
Old 10-02-2006, 02:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Talking Williac

G`day Col,
Had a great time over the weekend, but thats my last go at Race Director for awhile. Running the meet was enough for me so I`m pleased that I didn`t run a car.
anyway...

Say hi to all to fellas for me.

ding...
Old 10-02-2006, 02:30 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Steve, you did a great job and displayed the patience of a saint, and the wisdom of the ages. Well done to you and the rest of the race management crew from ORRCA, Chargers and Logan - Mark, John, Heavy and co. Great effort all round.
Old 10-02-2006, 03:07 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Thanks to the organisers for running a great event and ensuring it ran smoothly despite a couple of hiccups. Thanks to all the competitors who did their best to try and win and made sure the best on the day did win.
Thanks especially to Keith and Andy for some helpful advice as this being our first major event we had a lot to learn. To all the other participants thanks for your friendly advice and comments and hope to see you at Landsborough for the 3rd interclub round and then the Aus titles. Tom and Drew
Commiserations to John Perkins

Last edited by Drewdc90; 10-02-2006 at 03:28 AM.
Old 10-02-2006, 03:21 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Cool I survived...

Well I survived the weekend, participating - my first big event for a few years.

Some of my highlights/ memories include:
· My motor finding the one and only staple on the track after three laps and locking up solid
· Blowing up my charger (extra special thanks to Karl and Paul for helping me out)
· Loosing a tooth off my front diff gear (unwanted but expected)
· Final run for Saturday showed improvement (the turning point?)
· A good dose of heat stroke (major headache Saturday night and all day Sunday)
· Some very helpful tips from Damien and Keith (thanks guys it did help regardless of my final results)
· Being called a 'F**king Idiot' on the drivers stand during Sunday morning practice
· Some very close racing action with Paul
· Watching Damien and Keith in the stock finals and Anthony 'battle' away in the Mod finals
· Two full days escape from work and family commitments

Thanks to Chargers, Steve Drummond, Mark Farren-Price, Glenn Weier, John H and all those others who helped out. I know that it isn't an easy job but it certainly made the difference to make it a successful event .
Old 10-02-2006, 03:37 AM
HQH
Tech Adept

What a great weekend. As always learnt a lot which is what you take away from these events and use to better yourself. Congrats to all the SCRCCC drivers who all put on a great drive.(Not bad for such a young club!)
Albeit a few issues but still a fair and well run event. Hats off to all those involved.
Some extremely close racing which is what makes this sport so exciting.
Would like to hear the answers to Historic Racers comments.
Also thanks to Scott Harris for a great deal on some awesome cells. It's guys like this that really look after the little guys.
Can't wait for next years Qld's!

Last edited by HQH; 10-02-2006 at 03:49 AM.
Old 10-02-2006, 03:39 AM
TWISTED

Big thanks goes to Steve D, Mark F-P , Heavy , Mal, John H Great meet might see you all again one day. In about 7 weeks at the NATS
p.s A big thanks to the two off road guys Steve F and Tony for keeping an eye on the racing awsome guys very good.

Old 10-02-2006, 04:07 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default well done

Although i could only make the Sunday to race, i had a ball. I would like to say a great big congratulations to my good mate Johny.

It was a pleasure seeing him win the title, he has been the best driver all year, he puts so much time into the club, it couldn't have went to a more deserving person.

Well done Johny.

Regards
Brad P
Old 10-02-2006, 06:01 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Historic Racer
Thanks guys for a great race meet, and sorry to say that the transponder colour issue was a down and costly to several players. When questioned as to whats happening and its fixed, I never saw a fix at all. Results show 2 juniors in "A" finals who wernt recognised either, how did the trophy get given when it says highest placed?
Apart from, great meet back next year. Thanks Harris RC for the cells for Chris
I feel sorry for Sonny Pearce the most as he had un-officially won the second 540 final, had the correct transponder number, but had grabbed the wrong transponder colour. We did have some occurances of several drivers during the day 'missing' laps. These cars were using personal or club transponders. To my memory only 4 or 5 drivers had problems which the 'fix' was to double check their results and adjust if required. All results were checked before placing the results up on the board. It's very hard to 'fix' a problem and keep to a time schedule when it is only happening to a few drivers at an inconsistent rate. I must thank the drivers who checked their results and notified race control that something was incorrect.

The junior trophy was difficult. There were only two juniors officially entered as per ORRCA entrant details, but there was at least one junior in 540, stock and mod. Which class is highest placed? We needed more junior trophies.

I hope the above has helped clarify things. Best of luck to Chris if he is attending the Nationals at Brendale.

Mark F-P
Old 10-02-2006, 04:09 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Thanks Mark, I agree Sonny did have the most to loose, same race Chris lost his best result as well, thats racing. Bit late but drivers should have been informed more on the colour change, pretty unusual to change from my vast experience.
He did enjoy the experience being his 1st A final and thats what it was about.
We will be back and hopefully at Nats
Graham
Old 10-06-2006, 03:45 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

could someone tell me if the race time sheets are available from this meet?
Old 10-06-2006, 04:02 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by CountryHick
could someone tell me if the race time sheets are available from this meet?
The results will be posted on the Logan website. I have most of the race printouts with me, if your after a particular race let me know and I'll upload a scanned copy.

Mark F-P
Old 10-06-2006, 04:28 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Blackdogs, just after the stock A finals.
Thanks
Old 10-06-2006, 05:52 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by CountryHick
Blackdogs, just after the stock A finals.
Thanks
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
QLD-StockA1.pdf (298.3 KB, 177 views)
QLD-StockA2.pdf (284.1 KB, 161 views)
QLD-StockA3.pdf (296.5 KB, 147 views)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.