Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions
Castle Creations Mamba/MM/MMM FACTORY Q&A thread! >

Castle Creations Mamba/MM/MMM FACTORY Q&A thread!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

Castle Creations Mamba/MM/MMM FACTORY Q&A thread!

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2009, 06:21 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by drperry
The rules are the only reason you'll need sensored... Once you're rolling, CC systems don't stutter or cog... Unless going dirt slow...
If you ran mod then it won't matter but if you wanted to run the stock classes then at this time sensored is the way you need to go.

Every Castle system I have ever seen stutter always came down to (bad battery packs, especially cheap NIMH packs), bad battery plugs (not making good contact), don't have the updates in the speedo from Castle, the battery female plug in Orion and Tracpower packs are loose inside the pack, and the EPA in the radio setup wrong. I never in 18 months seen the Castle setup coog or hesitate otherwise. My only stuttering ever in 18 months or racing almost every weekend has been from a bad bullet plug.

Many of those that post are from back when they first came out but now with the updated software this is a thing of the past plus now with almost everyone using Lipos the cogging problem should be a thing of the past.

Castle has worked hard to make the best software available to make their sensorless system work as good as anything out. Many guys are my track run my car and actually say my speedo feel too smooth!!!!!!! Go figure I guess I should turn it up and give them a taste of the Dark Side!!!!!
Old 02-09-2009, 07:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

My Clod cogs, lol. but only at very very slow speeds.
Old 02-09-2009, 08:14 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

My Clod cogs, lol. but only at very very slow speeds.
What motor do you run in your Clod?
Old 02-09-2009, 08:20 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by wyd
What motor do you run in your Clod?
2x Mamba Max 5700s, each with their own battery.
Old 02-10-2009, 08:19 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

2x Mamba Max 5700s, each with their own battery.
That would make for one vicious Clod.
Old 02-10-2009, 08:50 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by wyd
That would make for one vicious Clod.
It is

Kept up to a .28 powered Savage in acceleration... track was waaayyyy too short, lol. Hopefully it keeps up speed wise, too... I plan on racing it in the MT class in the summer...
Old 02-16-2009, 12:26 PM
Tech Regular

Monster Max motors now available individually!!!

http://www.castlecreations.com/produ...le_motors.html
Old 02-18-2009, 06:26 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

has anyone tried using a trinity pulse or pulse based motor with there mamba max? im looking at getting a pulse based blueprinted 7.5 turn...
Old 02-19-2009, 08:07 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by Drift Demon
has anyone tried using a trinity pulse or pulse based motor with there mamba max? im looking at getting a pulse based blueprinted 7.5 turn...
To be honest more than likely it will run like most other sensored motors running on a sensorless speedo and have some cogging initially but once moving it will go away. How much depends on the speedo settings but you can expect a little. The lower winds do work better than say like 13.5's and 17.5's do.
Old 02-21-2009, 03:34 AM
Tech Master

Any other Mamba-25 users having issues with the LVC enabled?

Whenever I have my low voltage cut-off enabled, no matter which batteries I have connected, I only get a few seconds of throttle, or sometimes, until I back off the throttle, then nothing until I return to neutral for a second or so...

It does this with all my 2/3A cell packs, my brand new Apogee LiPo pack, and even when connected to my 25C 4800mAh packs that run my Clodbuster, it still does it...

Not a major issue, as it is ONLY there when the low voltage cut off is enabled... But it'd be kinda nice to have the LVC as I do have a LiPo in there now...

I'm already running the latest 1.20 firmware...
Old 02-21-2009, 12:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (97%+)

Originally Posted by Drift Demon
go with a 5700 and limit your punch by using c rating.. i found a 3200 20 c pack felt like a 7.5 and my 5000 25c packs feel like a 5.5 !
Old 02-22-2009, 01:44 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Joe Ford it was awesome you could come hang with all of us at Motorama this year. Had a great time but just wish I wasn't sick all weekend but rest assured when we hook up again it will be even better!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-23-2009, 02:32 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chewiefttc4
go with a 5700 and limit your punch by using c rating.. i found a 3200 20 c pack felt like a 7.5 and my 5000 25c packs feel like a 5.5 !
I would much rather use a pulse type of motor as they're rebuildable & much better to maintain...
Old 02-23-2009, 01:03 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Built in BEC issue?

Just got my 2200KV motor back from Castle, thanks guys!! Very fast turnaround. Does anyone have issues with the steering servo not getting full throw when you are at like 20% speed/power? I have a HUGE servo in there, so it is not leverage issue, the servo is plenty of power. I will be rolling along, letting off the throttle and the truggy will only give me 10% turn. If I hit the throttle, then it throws the wheels all the way right/left. I am thinking either my servo is going bad, the servo arm is too long and I am losing torque, or the BEC inside my Mamba ESC is acting funny and not delivering the power to the receiver....any thoughts out there?
Old 02-23-2009, 01:20 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by crossover
Just got my 2200KV motor back from Castle, thanks guys!! Very fast turnaround. Does anyone have issues with the steering servo not getting full throw when you are at like 20% speed/power? I have a HUGE servo in there, so it is not leverage issue, the servo is plenty of power. I will be rolling along, letting off the throttle and the truggy will only give me 10% turn. If I hit the throttle, then it throws the wheels all the way right/left. I am thinking either my servo is going bad, the servo arm is too long and I am losing torque, or the BEC inside my Mamba ESC is acting funny and not delivering the power to the receiver....any thoughts out there?

What's the Monster Max BEC rated for?

The reason it turns easier when you pin the throttle, you have less weight on the front end...

What're you running for a servo?
Have you tried disconnecting the BEC, and using an RX pack?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.