Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions
Castle Creations Mamba/MM/MMM FACTORY Q&A thread! >

Castle Creations Mamba/MM/MMM FACTORY Q&A thread!

Like Tree3Likes

Castle Creations Mamba/MM/MMM FACTORY Q&A thread!

Old 01-26-2009, 09:15 PM
  #1831  
Tech Master
iTrader: (3)
 
drperry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Grande Prairie, AB
Posts: 1,222
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Joe Ford
You only need a USB to micro USB cord...you plug directly into the side of the MM...it will work fine on 32bit...it won't on 64bit. Unfortunately, you can't plug the MM into the real Castle Link to program either.

Brian...I do, but I'm feeling super productive today.

ultegrasti...what do you mean "a piece"?
Is there any plans for 64 bit MM support? I tinker with mine too much to swith between operating systems
drperry is offline  
Old 01-30-2009, 04:24 PM
  #1832  
Tech Apprentice
 
Colin8ight-E's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Adelaide, South Australia
Posts: 67
Default

Hey Joe,

I have the MMM V3 combo 220kv, and I notice my positive and negitive wires are permanently are attached to the ESC but some guys on this website have V3 ESC's that have the Positive and Negitive wires with bullet plugs on them like the motor wire side.
Is this becuase there are old and new ESC's and the factory have changed them slightly?

If so which type is newer then the other?

Cheers
Colin8ight-E is offline  
Old 01-30-2009, 09:31 PM
  #1833  
Tech Initiate
 
LAWDAMERCY>>'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 44
Default

Originally Posted by Joe Ford
Magnets in all of our motors are sintered.
MR ford i got your message about the reason for the delay, thanks for the reply, ill be more patient, product is worth the wait

Last edited by LAWDAMERCY>>; 01-30-2009 at 09:53 PM.
LAWDAMERCY>> is offline  
Old 02-02-2009, 10:13 AM
  #1834  
Tech Regular
 
Low_E's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Flanders, Belgium
Posts: 361
Default

I have a MambaMax + 5700Kv-motor and a Sidewinder + 5700Kv-motor.
I run them in my Predator and in my Asso B4 and they do a wonderfull job.

With what type of Brushless sensored motor can this 5700-motor be compared in terms of power?
I recently drove a Predator with a 6.5 LRP in it and that car seemed to have less power then my 5700 ... but offcourse a feeling is always very subjective.

Are these motors comparable or should one of the two defenitly have more power?
Low_E is offline  
Old 02-02-2009, 01:19 PM
  #1835  
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Northern California
Posts: 8
Default Snapped 2200KV Motor shaft

Joe -

I am running the Monster Combo (2200kv) in my Mugen MBX5T. 14 tooth tekno long shank pinion, stock spur. I have a Hyperion 4S 5250mah and a 4S 8000mah maxamps pack. I am using the tekno kit for the Mugen conversion with mechanical brakes, no motor brakes, no reverse. Ran it for at the track for the 1st time this last weekend and the shaft snapped right behind the pinion gear. Already called today and they told me to send it back in for warranty, which is great, no big deal.

I question whether I should be using the mechanical brakes, motor brakes or brake drag, is there anything I am doing that is too hard on the motor? The temps were very low on everything while running. Nothing got hot at all. I think I have the punch control set at 10% which needs to go up, and all the other settings set to the lowest (timing, etc..) Still had TONS of snap and power. My track has some tight turns, a big straightaway, and some decent jumps that don't have a ton of run up.

Thanks for any insight.

Last edited by crossover; 02-02-2009 at 02:59 PM.
crossover is offline  
Old 02-02-2009, 08:13 PM
  #1836  
Tech Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joe Ford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Olathe, KS
Posts: 287
Default

New E-Savage video by yours truly!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUmD9BsNk-E
Joe Ford is offline  
Old 02-02-2009, 08:35 PM
  #1837  
Tech Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joe Ford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Olathe, KS
Posts: 287
Default

Originally Posted by crossover
Joe -

I am running the Monster Combo (2200kv) in my Mugen MBX5T. 14 tooth tekno long shank pinion, stock spur. I have a Hyperion 4S 5250mah and a 4S 8000mah maxamps pack. I am using the tekno kit for the Mugen conversion with mechanical brakes, no motor brakes, no reverse. Ran it for at the track for the 1st time this last weekend and the shaft snapped right behind the pinion gear. Already called today and they told me to send it back in for warranty, which is great, no big deal.

I question whether I should be using the mechanical brakes, motor brakes or brake drag, is there anything I am doing that is too hard on the motor? The temps were very low on everything while running. Nothing got hot at all. I think I have the punch control set at 10% which needs to go up, and all the other settings set to the lowest (timing, etc..) Still had TONS of snap and power. My track has some tight turns, a big straightaway, and some decent jumps that don't have a ton of run up.

Thanks for any insight.
So you're the one...I heard Thomas repeat what you had told him...heard him say "the 2200 motor's shaft snapped???"...I was just as in shock as he was...that's the first time a Monster Max motor shaft has snapped...definitely include the piece that snapped if you have it. It shouln't be a problem if your brakes are working correctly. Hopefully there's some way for us to check the temper level (hardness) of the shaft.

Originally Posted by Low_E
I have a MambaMax + 5700Kv-motor and a Sidewinder + 5700Kv-motor.
I run them in my Predator and in my Asso B4 and they do a wonderfull job.

With what type of Brushless sensored motor can this 5700-motor be compared in terms of power?
I recently drove a Predator with a 6.5 LRP in it and that car seemed to have less power then my 5700 ... but offcourse a feeling is always very subjective.

Are these motors comparable or should one of the two defenitly have more power?
It's approximately a 9T motor. Do speed testing with the same gearing and battery pack. What battery pack is it by the way? Be speciic...manufacturer, capacity, and, if lipo, the C rating as well. Also, what battery connectors are you using? Let me know.
Joe Ford is offline  
Old 02-02-2009, 09:01 PM
  #1838  
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Northern California
Posts: 8
Default Brakes

Thanks for the note Joe. Any insight on the best brake set up to use? Should I use the mechanical, use the motor to brake the truggy, what's best?

Yeah, Thomas was surprised when I called this morning. He was nice and I appreciate you guys being so helpful. This industry is filled with great customer service companies (hitec, traxxas, amain, castle, nitrohouse, etc...).

Thanks,

Kevin
crossover is offline  
Old 02-02-2009, 09:11 PM
  #1839  
Tech Master
iTrader: (3)
 
drperry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Grande Prairie, AB
Posts: 1,222
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Joe, for checking the temper level, maybe you could look into the machines used for testing the grade of bolts?
drperry is offline  
Old 02-04-2009, 09:05 AM
  #1840  
Tech Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joe Ford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Olathe, KS
Posts: 287
Default

Originally Posted by crossover
Thanks for the note Joe. Any insight on the best brake set up to use? Should I use the mechanical, use the motor to brake the truggy, what's best?

Yeah, Thomas was surprised when I called this morning. He was nice and I appreciate you guys being so helpful. This industry is filled with great customer service companies (hitec, traxxas, amain, castle, nitrohouse, etc...).

Thanks,

Kevin
Kevin...I run mechanical if it's got it, if not the motor is still fine, but it will build heat up on the motor a little faster...as long as you check your motor temps often you'll be fine.

Originally Posted by drperry
Joe, for checking the temper level, maybe you could look into the machines used for testing the grade of bolts?
Have to talk with the boss about that one. All the machinery to make the motors is overseas.
Joe Ford is offline  
Old 02-09-2009, 10:52 AM
  #1841  
Registered User
iTrader: (20)
 
UltegraSTI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 7,171
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default

a sensored unit that could drive touring car motors=piece

kinda hard to even consider runnin a touring car (1/10 size, gee hold ur tongue lol) with brushless and not b'g able to consider castle.

just a request, i'm sure it would drive reigle back into touring cars as well.

R
UltegraSTI is offline  
Old 02-09-2009, 10:54 AM
  #1842  
Registered User
iTrader: (20)
 
UltegraSTI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 7,171
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default

Pretty stuck on this setup for my XXXCR 4600. indoor track, hard clay, tight, big jumps, and many of them.

25% Reverse (warmup)
50% Brake
30% D. Brake
60% PC
Normal Timing
0% SP
NC Dead Band
3.2v cutoff.

Brake Curve-Linear
Throttle Curve-Linear but scale pulled down from top. Similar to moving top of shock in a hole or 2. Leaves big spike to WOT at top. Clip this off with -5-10% EPA on Loud 'pedal'.

40% drag brake might just be lil too much. 30-35 might be the ticket.

82/22x2.43=~9.06:1 any thoughts on that ratio. i'm runnin on a 100x55 bullring w/plenty of action and little WOT.

R
UltegraSTI is offline  
Old 02-09-2009, 11:21 AM
  #1843  
Tech Master
iTrader: (3)
 
drperry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Grande Prairie, AB
Posts: 1,222
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by ultegrasti
a sensored unit that could drive touring car motors=piece

kinda hard to even consider runnin a touring car (1/10 size, gee hold ur tongue lol) with brushless and not b'g able to consider castle.

just a request, i'm sure it would drive reigle back into touring cars as well.

R
The rules are the only reason you'll need sensored... Once you're rolling, CC systems don't stutter or cog... Unless going dirt slow...
drperry is offline  
Old 02-09-2009, 06:04 PM
  #1844  
Registered User
iTrader: (20)
 
UltegraSTI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 7,171
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default

nah, already seen 17.5 and even 13.5s suffer the stutters. forget 21.5s in TA for sure.

R
UltegraSTI is offline  
Old 02-09-2009, 06:10 PM
  #1845  
wyd
Tech Legend
iTrader: (51)
 
wyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Castle Mamba Max Pro. Feel its power!!!!!!!!!!
Posts: 21,220
Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by ultegrasti
a sensored unit that could drive touring car motors=piece

kinda hard to even consider runnin a touring car (1/10 size, gee hold ur tongue lol) with brushless and not b'g able to consider castle.

just a request, i'm sure it would drive reigle back into touring cars as well.

R
Hehehe I do like touring but been having alot of fun hanging with everyone at Bumps and Jumps doing the offroad thing.

I will run whatever Castle makes whether sensorless or sensored it don't matter as long as it is a Castle system I will run it. To be honest no one has shown me a better system than my Castle and besides not every company has Joe Ford around!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
wyd is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.