Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

Xray T1FK05

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2005, 06:31 AM
Tech Adept

It shouldn,t matter where the kits were purchased.If you have a receipt and a serial#,that should be sufficient.RC America and RC Canada work together on these issues or at least communicate with one another I would think.
No,I wasn't told my car was "Grey market"by anyone,but assumed it due to purchasing my kit in the states.
I posted this so people who purchased their kits out of district know that you can get the bearings if you contact that district's distributor,they more than likely could help you out.(make sure you have the proper info)
Again...Thank you RC America for your help.
Old 05-25-2005, 07:52 AM
Tech Regular

This may have been covered before but I still read people complaining about the hubs mushrooming out. Anyone who has new wheel hubs might want to consider using a dremel or similar tool to remove some of the material from the inside to help keep them from mushrooming out. I have done this on several of my hubs and it works very well. This should be on the list of required mods for people building any new Xray T1 kit along with beveling the battery slots, etc.

The one on the left has been prepared and the one on the right is stock.
Old 05-25-2005, 08:35 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

i was wondering if it was possible to remove the bearings from a one way in order to reverse them, and has anyone tried this. i didn't know if it was just a matter of baking it in an oven to get the bearings to slide out or if they are pressed in. thanks keith
Old 05-25-2005, 09:23 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by ksj44
i was wondering if it was possible to remove the bearings from a one way in order to reverse them, and has anyone tried this. i didn't know if it was just a matter of baking it in an oven to get the bearings to slide out or if they are pressed in. thanks keith
ksj44,

better suggestion, sell the multi-diff you bought to someone running an FK'05, I am sure there are lots of people looking for them. Then buy the right one for your car.
Old 05-25-2005, 10:20 AM
Tech Fanatic

I need a good medium traction/medium track (pavement) setup for the car! Anyone?! THx. The setup info included with the kit are for carpet.

Also, what's with the plastic shock body! Sigh...

Gary

Edit: sorry for rubber tires!
Old 05-25-2005, 12:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Qwiglee
This may have been covered before but I still read people complaining about the hubs mushrooming out. Anyone who has new wheel hubs might want to consider using a dremel or similar tool to remove some of the material from the inside to help keep them from mushrooming out. I have done this on several of my hubs and it works very well. This should be on the list of required mods for people building any new Xray T1 kit along with beveling the battery slots, etc.

Qwiglee, what dremel bit did you use for this mod?
Old 05-25-2005, 12:53 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 45 (96%+)

Special on thrusts!

Buy 2 get 2 free! Order 2 off of website and we will add 2 to your order. We will match up to as many pairs as you want!!!!! This wont last long I just over ordered on these by mistake. www.axiommotors.com
Old 05-25-2005, 04:37 PM
Tech Fanatic

Ok guys, instead of reading through hundreds of posts to catch up, what are the essential mods to the car that I need to perform?

I know to prep the chasis edges with CA glue...and dremel the battery slots...what else? THx.

Gary
Old 05-25-2005, 04:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by loosenut
Ok guys, instead of reading through hundreds of posts to catch up, what are the essential mods to the car that I need to perform?

I know to prep the chasis edges with CA glue...and dremel the battery slots...what else? THx.

Gary
* Crack the diffs open and see if they are the new thrustbearings, if not get replacements
* Spring steel front axles ...or maybe that dremel mod below (I did the spring steel axles all the way around both my cars)
* Multidiff, if you're a "oneway" kind of guy
* New underwear ..you're gonna need them when you see how much faster you are
Old 05-25-2005, 04:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Gary
CA the countersunk holes that go into Aluminum.
Rubberneck Bumper
Old 05-25-2005, 06:31 PM
KMW
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Gary
Gary has an Xray now...

Are you going to put your Schulze/Hacker combo in this car? If so send me some pics when it's finished.
Old 05-25-2005, 08:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

Yep! I ran the hacker/schulze combo in my evo 4 at rccar - it was great except that my car was totally not setup right - and I messed up the motor. So it's at Hacker now for inspection...hehe...but yea, I plan on racing the xray mod and my evo 4 19t...i will definitely post some pics here when I get up built with the brushless setup...
Old 05-25-2005, 09:57 PM
Tech Master

can someone post picture of the rear with the sway bar attached, mine is hitting the rear diff pulley and want to see how you doing it. btw, im using the 04 sway bar.
Old 05-25-2005, 11:32 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by centax error!
can someone post picture of the rear with the sway bar attached, mine is hitting the rear diff pulley and want to see how you doing it. btw, im using the 04 sway bar.
I suggest you have a look at the FAQ or Tips&Tricks section on the XRAYT1 forum on the XRay website. This question is answered there: http://www.teamxray.com/teamxray/pro...877240be9b688a .
Old 05-26-2005, 12:29 AM
V12
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Qwiglee

Hmm, I don´t understand what you mean with hubs mushrooming out. Could you explain please? Sorry I´m new to the FK05. I´m just in the building process of mine. I opened the diff already and replaced the thrustbearing and relubed everything. Also preped the chassis. But I have to say I´m a little disappointed. Everybody says the Xray has the best buildquality of all cars. But I found some issues with mine I didn´t have with my Tamiyas before.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.