Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TC4 picture (+cliff lett)

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2004, 12:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Well, we didn't 'ignore' anyone....we didn't see a need for it at this time.
Old 09-05-2004, 12:41 PM
Tech Addict

Default "At this time"...

Then when is a good time? When 500+ people complain about the issue. AE admitted there was an issue with the smaller bearings, so you mean there is not enough people who are complaining at this time to warrant such a running change. That would be better said! Sorry, but I would just like to see all the issues fixed and why not perfect every detail about the product?

Think about it, people are using high priced bearings, we don't want them to wear out prematurely. I know I don't. People, chime in here please!

Last edited by Nightbreed; 09-05-2004 at 08:04 PM.
Old 09-05-2004, 12:42 PM
Tech Rookie

@TPhalen: wherein do the new shocks differ to the old ones?
Old 09-05-2004, 03:02 PM
Tech Regular

Do ceramic bearings get jacked up as easily as the steel balls? Maybe with ceramic bearings we won't have the ones in the hubs dying as early.??
Old 09-05-2004, 04:04 PM
Tech Addict

Default I think it's more of an issue with the inside

hub bearing. I think it is caused by the turning motion at a sharp angle. The HPI Pro II had a large bearing on the inside hub and it never wore out.
Old 09-05-2004, 04:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

the springs look like Alex Racing Cuda sprins, that could be Barry's car he runs the Alex Racing springs
Old 09-05-2004, 08:01 PM
Tech Addict

Default DonoMan...

The ceramic bearing may last longer than steel, but they still will wear out prematurely. I hate to drop a minimum of $100 on bearings just to see them go out quicker than they should. That makes a customer like me mad when they admit to the flaw, but fail to do anything about it.
Old 09-05-2004, 08:26 PM
Tech Addict

Who makes those new stackable batterie equalizer treys?
Old 09-05-2004, 08:33 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by farls3589
Who makes those new stackable batterie equalizer treys?
Team Much More.
Old 09-06-2004, 05:26 AM
Tech Regular

When Barry was at our race down here a few weeks ago he had a bag of springs and it had an HPI header inside... So im thinking they may be HPI springs.
Old 09-06-2004, 06:07 AM
Tech Fanatic

that could be however the HPI springs are off of the R40 and they are very very stiff (nitro), yet the ones off of the Cuda would be about right (electric) they should be around the right tension
Old 09-06-2004, 08:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

NIGHTBREED: Im curious about your campaign for bigger bearings. Just what are you doing to your TC3 bearings to need to replace tham as much as you say you do? I have NEVER had to replace a TC3 Teflon bearing due to premature wear. I HAVE however had to replace the rubber sealed bearings of the same size. The only time i have had to replace the teflon type is from racing in very dusty conditions when they are in my B4. But generally speaking, a clean, repolish, and relube is all they need to be almost as good as new. Maintenance is key. Now, there are alot of things that can be done that will accelerate the wear of a bearing. Hitting the boards alot has a "slight" tendency to tear bearings up, of any size. Not properly shimming them can also bind and accelerate wear in any sized bearing. Then of course, lack of maintenance. I have yet to hear of ANYONE complaining about bearing size, but you. Is this something you do alot of? Size doesnt really matter, its what you do with it. If you lube it, then it will last longer.

The point is this, coming on here and flaming AE for something that can be avoided by the consumer, is a waste of time. Im just responding because im a bored, natural born smarta$$. Everything built by man will wear/breakdown and need maintenance/replacement. Its just the way it is.

Just drive it...

- DaveW
Old 09-06-2004, 08:15 AM
Tech Elite

Nightbreed: I haven't heard ANY complaints about the rear hub bearings wearing prematurely. I race at SoCal Raceway, an EXTREMELY high bite surface with a pretty rough transition from a flat to a banked surface (on the oval part of the track). I would think THIS would cause some of these 'conditions' you talk about. I haven't heard any.

Now, I'm not saying it's NOT going to happen, just that I think you might be over-exaggerating the point. If I'm wrong, sorry. I don't mean to offend. I just haven't heard anything, nor was this even a concern when we looked into this new car.

On another point, wouldn't everone else have these problems, save for, I think, XRay? Everyone else uses the same bearing in the same place.

I will, however, check back at work on Tuesday and see if this appears to be a huge concern.....what calls or e-mails we've received that might require us to change this.
Old 09-06-2004, 08:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default TPhalen

Hello!! Just curious and had to ask.

Was the TC4 planned long time ago or only went to the drawing board or planning stages when you started to work for Associated.

IMHO: i own a FT-TC3 and up to now the bearings are still good!!! more than 2 years, the only thing that needs to be replaced in the near future are the bearing in the input shafts.

Just use the old bearings in the TC3, so I can use the tons of spares that I have, rear hubs, c hubs, knuckles and so on....

Peae to all and Happy Racing!!!
Old 09-06-2004, 10:03 AM
Tech Addict

I am tiring of the bearing campaign also. It is clogging up the threads.

You claim 500 complaints, if true, that is less than 1% of the TC3's sold to this point.

I have run a TC3, Losi, XXX, B4, and tons of other cars with 3/8" bearings in the hubs with no abnormal wear. This is the same size bearing used in the rear hubs of the Losi and AE gas trucks. I cannot think of anything that is heavier, crashes into the ground many times per lap(on purpose), in the wet/sandy/DIRT(again on purpose)without a high failure rate.

To mention the Xray, I did run a Corally C4 at one time(same design), and those big bearings I remember having tons of slop. I know the Xray has similar problems, since many of their team guys have told me if you do not run the hardened front axles with a spool, you will have to a hard time getting the bearing off the axle. This is caused by the axle slopping around in the bearing, and creating a ridge on th axle so the bearing cannot pass.

This is not a problem I have ever heard anyone mention at any race track I have attended.

Last edited by SirSpeedy; 09-06-2004 at 10:17 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.