Wiki Posts
Search

Schumacher Corner

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2005, 08:39 PM
Tech Addict

Default MISSION + PARTS FOR SALE

Hey all,

Just wan to let yall know that i have my MI (MISSION) up for sale on ebay. Car is in excellent condition and it comes pratically ready to go; Juast ad a radio.

I'm willing to drop the cost of shipping for anyone that refers to this post / rctech.net as we are all good people here. So if you know anyone that want to get into the sport or are looking for a great gift for someone else, here is the link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=5976116474

Talk to yall later.

BTW: Are any of you coming to the state races at TQ this weekend. If so let me know. I have the perfect setup (one of adrians) that is perfect on the track.

Last edited by IslandBwoy; 05-17-2005 at 05:59 AM.
Old 05-16-2005, 08:55 PM
Tech Regular

Default PW got a set up for TQ?

Paul
I hope to make the TQ race and i was looking for your set up on gearchart. Nothing seemed to fit the bill for TQ. Can you pass on a starting setup for there track? Hell i'd run Troys!LOL
Old 05-16-2005, 09:17 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally posted by STLNLST
I played with bump steer this weekend and it made the car to twitchy over all. The one thing I was thinking of doing was dropping to the middle hole on the front shock tower to take away a little turn in. With the car turning in hard and the improved mid corner steering the car was a handfull. With all of us at the race pretty much running the same thing we'll have something superdialed by the time qualifying starts.
Also I ran Donny's set up at hisperia last year and I couldn't recall if the front shocks were all the way out in the front. I thought that they were in the middle. Oh well......that set up was fast and got me a 2nd place finish at that event.
If the car is feeling twitchy with our setup, the first thing we do is move the rear arms back all the way. It usually smooths out the car and makes it easier to drive. Front shocks, we've been running them both on the outside and in the middle. Laying them down seems to make the front end a little smoother on turn in. Standing them up made it respond to steering quicker.
Old 05-17-2005, 05:52 AM
Tech Addict

I hope to make the TQ race and i was looking for your set up on gearchart. Nothing seemed to fit the bill for TQ. Can you pass on a starting setup for there track? Hell i'd run Troys!LOL
I'll send you the one i've been using at the club races @ TQ. Its one of adrian's setups for termac. Car is perfect and fast as hell with this setup.

Get that to you when i get home.
Old 05-17-2005, 06:52 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally posted by Jon Kerr
If the car is feeling twitchy with our setup, the first thing we do is move the rear arms back all the way. It usually smooths out the car and makes it easier to drive. Front shocks, we've been running them both on the outside and in the middle. Laying them down seems to make the front end a little smoother on turn in. Standing them up made it respond to steering quicker.
we have two days of practice so I will be trying a little of everything. With the correct tire's on there the car was dialed but when I went to a softer tire is where I ran into a little trouble....but we don't get the option of switching tire's at the Reedy so hopefully the RP's will give better traction than the take off's at that track. Thanks for the info.
Old 05-17-2005, 06:56 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Re: PW got a set up for TQ?

Originally posted by the shoe
Paul
Ouch!! I'll get you a setup..........a very special one that involves a concrete block and a tube of "the shoe" goo (no pun intended)!!
Old 05-17-2005, 07:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

No love for Troy...
Old 05-17-2005, 01:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)
Default Re: PW got a set up for TQ?

Originally posted by the shoe
Paul
hey i got an set for tqs. I will give it to you tonight
Old 05-17-2005, 04:19 PM
Tech Regular

Default battery ladder

hello all
does any one no when the mi2 battery ladder for gp3700 bats will be out as i realy want some 37s now but i dont want to bodge my car to make them fit, thanks bob
Old 05-17-2005, 05:59 PM
Tech Regular

Red face

Gee Turbodog i did't know you were listening.You be at the race? I'm trying like hell to make this race. Like i said i would run ANY setup as long as it gives me more grip than what i ran last at strickland. It's been too long since i ran touring and my car was fast but way loose.So hence puting a new setup on. You still big dog in my book baby!!!!
Old 05-17-2005, 07:31 PM
Tech Elite

I played with bump steer this weekend and it made the car to twitchy over all. The one thing I was thinking of doing was dropping to the middle hole on the front shock tower to take away a little turn in. With the car turning in hard and the improved mid corner steering the car was a handfull. With all of us at the race pretty much running the same thing we'll have something superdialed by the time qualifying starts.
Also I ran Donny's set up at hisperia last year and I couldn't recall if the front shocks were all the way out in the front. I thought that they were in the middle. Oh well......that set up was fast and got me a 2nd place finish at that event.
Did you use the X-Ray springs as my set-up shows? And also the alloy rear hub carriers? What could you identify different on how the car's balance and cornerspeed compared to PW's set-up?
Old 05-17-2005, 09:26 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally posted by cornerspeed
Did you use the X-Ray springs as my set-up shows? And also the alloy rear hub carriers? What could you identify different on how the car's balance and cornerspeed compared to PW's set-up?
I had it to the "T" except for the xray springs. I have the AE springs on the car blue and silver. If they feel that much different than the AE one's then I'll pick up some and bring them down to the Reedy race with me. PW's set up carried good corner speed but they were run at two different tracks. I ran PW's at speedworld (low bite) and I ran yours at Ripon (high bite) so it's hard to compare the two. Both set up's felt great and were easy to drive. Since I have more stick time with your set up I'd have to give yours the nod. Remember I switched to your set up in Hisperia at the regionals. At Ripon the well set up oneway cars were only 1/10 faster than the spool until we tightened up our lines. I will make sure that my car is dead on yours when we hit the track for practice and go from there.
Old 05-17-2005, 09:35 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

So what are the latest asphalt setups the team is using?
Old 05-17-2005, 10:07 PM
Tech Elite

I had it to the "T" except for the xray springs. I have the AE springs on the car blue and silver. If they feel that much different than the AE one's then I'll pick up some and bring them down to the Reedy race with me. PW's set up carried good corner speed but they were run at two different tracks. I ran PW's at speedworld (low bite) and I ran yours at Ripon (high bite) so it's hard to compare the two. Both set up's felt great and were easy to drive. Since I have more stick time with your set up I'd have to give yours the nod. Remember I switched to your set up in Hisperia at the regionals. At Ripon the well set up oneway cars were only 1/10 faster than the spool until we tightened up our lines. I will make sure that my car is dead on yours when we hit the track for practice and go from there.
The X-Ray springs are a little stiffer then the AE springs of the same rating. I will actually try AE springs and AE hubs hopefully this weekend for a test. I have actually been slowing moving closer to PW's set-up as of late anyways. See you soon.
Old 05-17-2005, 10:40 PM
Tech Adept

Default Mi2 Undertray?

Can anyone tell me if there is an undertray available for the Mi2?

I am currently running on an outdoor track that is not very clean and I keep getting pebbles in the gears.

Also, are we going to see a new chassis for the 3800?

Sorry one other question, I know the Schumacher distributes Take-Off Tires.

Is there a temp chart for each tire?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.