Wiki Posts
Search

Schumacher Corner

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2007, 05:42 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
If you use a Futaba then spend in the Fasst system!!

EA
Yeah, if I switched to that type of system, Futaba's Fasst system would be it. It's still alot of money though when the biggest drawback to my current system is that it has a long antenna.
Old 04-12-2007, 05:47 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Darkseid
Yeah, if I switched to that type of system, Futaba's Fasst system would be it. It's still alot of money though when the biggest drawback to my current system is that it has a long antenna.
Dark....I just picked up one of these and its great it has all the functions that any racer would want and its priced right.....plus the thing has like no weight to it at all very light in your hands. You can get this whole system for the same price as the conversions out there.

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXPZT7&P=SM
Old 04-12-2007, 06:11 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I had nothing but problems out of my spektrum pro system from day one. I used it for about 2 months and went to the Futaba system and all my problems went away AND the Futaba system is a LOT faster than the Spektrum Pro.

If you use a Futaba then spend in the Fasst system!!

EA
actually the 2 are very close in delay but the futaba is limited with range
Old 04-12-2007, 06:44 AM
Tech Apprentice

I heard at our local club on tuesday night the ROBIN SCHUMACHER was at the BTCC at Stafford over the weekend showing of the Mi3, i also here that a LHS that i go to could have a rep visit some time this week
i was at stafford on that day, and i heard from Robin himself say that the cars will be avaliable from the shops next week that have been pre-ordered. Anyway the car looks great, had it in my hands and the steering and tranmission WAS SO FREE!!
Old 04-12-2007, 06:52 AM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by protc3
actually the 2 are very close in delay but the futaba is limited with range
I disagree there. Ive used both in back to back runs to see how they compared. The Spektrum is no where near as responsive as the Futaba system. The specs may say its very close but for overall feel its not even close....IMO.

As for range both systems have a further range than you would ever want to use anyway so that is kinda a mute point.

EA
Old 04-12-2007, 07:02 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jordan.norwood@
i was at stafford on that day, and i heard from Robin himself say that the cars will be avaliable from the shops next week that have been pre-ordered. Anyway the car looks great, had it in my hands and the steering and tranmission WAS SO FREE!!
I talk to the guys at Schu UK and they said the same thing. UK shops will get Mi3's late next week or early the following week. Cars will ship to the US at the same time and we will have them a week later

...thats a week ahead of schedule!
Old 04-12-2007, 07:28 AM
PW
Tech Elite

Would like to get an idea of Schumacher racers attending the Reedy Race this year (sponsored or privateer) [email protected]

Mopar...They are Titanium Racing screws.
Old 04-12-2007, 07:41 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I disagree there. Ive used both in back to back runs to see how they compared. The Spektrum is no where near as responsive as the Futaba system. The specs may say its very close but for overall feel its not even close....IMO.

As for range both systems have a further range than you would ever want to use anyway so that is kinda a mute point.

EA
I agree that the Futaba is far faster than the Spektrum. I know others who have run them back to back and said the same thing. I know for me though, I've had zero issues since the pro system was released and the response feels faster than a standard crystal system. I guess it's just like any other product. Some people have had nothing but problems with certain speed controls, and others have never had any with the same product. I know i had 3 Integy chargers burn up (2 literally caught fire) and other people have been using them for years with no problems. Just bad luck I guess.
Old 04-12-2007, 07:57 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Jon Kerr
I agree that the Futaba is far faster than the Spektrum. I know others who have run them back to back and said the same thing. I know for me though, I've had zero issues since the pro system was released and the response feels faster than a standard crystal system. I guess it's just like any other product. Some people have had nothing but problems with certain speed controls, and others have never had any with the same product. I know i had 3 Integy chargers burn up (2 literally caught fire) and other people have been using them for years with no problems. Just bad luck I guess.
Anyone on RC07??
Old 04-12-2007, 11:36 AM
Regional Moderator

Originally Posted by Kevin K
Dark....I just picked up one of these and its great it has all the functions that any racer would want and its priced right.....plus the thing has like no weight to it at all very light in your hands. You can get this whole system for the same price as the conversions out there.

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXPZT7&P=SM
Looks good, I currently use a Futab 3PK, and only use about 20% of its total features. So I wouldn't be against a switch to a system with a few less bells and whistles, but is also lighter.

I'll visit Futaba's site and take a look at its feature set.

After all, I could sell my 3PK and have more than enough to get that one.

Last edited by Darkseid; 04-12-2007 at 02:19 PM.
Old 04-12-2007, 11:37 AM
Regional Moderator

Originally Posted by AdrianM
I talk to the guys at Schu UK and they said the same thing. UK shops will get Mi3's late next week or early the following week. Cars will ship to the US at the same time and we will have them a week later

...thats a week ahead of schedule!
Wait a minute.......

Did you say a week ahead of schedule???

Whoo hooo!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-12-2007, 12:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Talking

Looks good, I currently use a Futab 3PK, and only use about 20% of its total features. So I would be against a switch to a system with a few less bells and whistles, but is also lighter.

I'll visit Futaba's site and take a look at its feature set.

After all, I could sell my 3PK and have more than enough to get that one.
I use the M11 with PRO spektrum system. A few weeks back, I bought the new Futaba 2.4Ghz radio to give it a try...man is it good. Its wicked fast, and no glitching or delays. It does everything you need for pro touring car racing or nitro. Its very light, and very easy to use and set up. I really liked it. Its priced at $200....and i paid over $400 for my M11 and the Spektrum stuff...
Old 04-12-2007, 04:57 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

EA
the futaba is a little quicker but i find it highly doubtfull that it is that easily felt. and as for range,if i remember correctly the range on the futaba is 200ft max.Kraceway would give it a problem if you ask me.
Old 04-12-2007, 05:00 PM
Tech Lord

Wait a minute.......

Did you say a week ahead of schedule???

Whoo hooo!!!!!!!!!!!
minus the Team Magic portion.. looks like we'll have more in common with our signatures DarkSeid
Old 04-12-2007, 05:52 PM
Tech Elite

Talking

Originally Posted by protc3
the futaba is a little quicker but i find it highly doubtfull that it is that easily felt. and as for range,if i remember correctly the range on the futaba is 200ft max.Kraceway would give it a problem if you ask me.
Maybe the old 3PM had a 200ft range, but not the new one. I tested mine a few weeks ago at large 1/8 scale track down in florida running at the same time with 3PKs and M11 and NOmadios, and I had no glitches or problems, and it worked lightning FAST! People couldnt belive it...some have sold their own systems and have bought it and love it. Its really good, and feels so much lighter. You should all give it a try, you wont be sorry.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.