Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Schumacher Corner

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2006, 04:18 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jo90
Off to carpet wars tomorrow. Using LRP Vtec 24's and a large (LARGE) track (36m straight).

Any tips on gearing the new CO27 ?? And have any of you used tyre warmers prior to your heat ?
At Rug Racers which is a bit smaller, the Monsters run at around 7 FDR.

I would go a couple of teeth bigger as the CO27's are supposed to have more torque.

You'll have to try it along side a Monster to see the difference.

Skiddins
Old 11-26-2006, 09:30 AM
Tech Adept

Hello All.,

I have a bit of a dilemma, i recently was running a mission, which was fully hoped-up. I have recently changed to an mi2 which is also fully hoped-up with the temu chassis, riser plates, low shock towers etc.
I am however 0.5 seconds a lap off the times i used to get with the mission, using same electronics and such. Why is the mi2 slower ?

Thanks
Old 11-26-2006, 10:43 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MoonTrap
Hello All.,

I have a bit of a dilemma, i recently was running a mission, which was fully hoped-up. I have recently changed to an mi2 which is also fully hoped-up with the temu chassis, riser plates, low shock towers etc.
I am however 0.5 seconds a lap off the times i used to get with the mission, using same electronics and such. Why is the mi2 slower ?

Thanks
Its a very diffrent car from the Mission. None of the Mission setups work on the Mi2 or Mi2EC.

We need some more info from you to determine what you need to do. Can you post your setup in detail?
Old 11-26-2006, 10:28 PM
Tech Adept

Hello,

I have tried different setups to no avail, I have spoken to a few people that have the mi2EC now, and they say that they too noticed the same going from the mission to the mi2. Yet when they went to the EC their speed came back.

Below is the current setup on the car, I’ll try give as much detail as I can,.

Car is running a co27 , with a gtx speedo, and ib4200 cells.

Front:
Schumacher blue spring
Trf shocks, 40wt, 2 hole
1.5 deg camber
middle lower camber link
second inner hole on shock mount
outer hole on arm
5mm ride height, 1mm droop

Rear
Schumacher white spring
Trf shocks, 40wt, 2 hole
1.5 deg camber
middle lower camber link
second inner hole on shock mount
second outer hole on arm
5.5mm ride height, 3mm droop

This is on foam tires, on asphalt, using temu chassis, riser plates, and lower shock towers, track is bumpy.

Thanks
Old 11-27-2006, 03:37 AM
Tech Adept

Default Carpet Wars Round 1

Adam Rogers totally dominated modified in the finals of the CW4 round 1. Top job and well done to him.

I managed to qualify 9th overall in stock and took 7th overall at the end of the finals
Old 11-27-2006, 05:40 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jo90
Adam Rogers totally dominated modified in the finals of the CW4 round 1. Top job and well done to him.

I managed to qualify 9th overall in stock and took 7th overall at the end of the finals
Adam's been at Rug Racers getting ready for CW, and dominated there as well, I believe he's only had one final where second place was on the same lap

Come on then John, what was your setup?
I was pitting next to Adam at the first RR and asked a lot of questions and watched them experiment with settings etc.

Skiddins
Old 11-27-2006, 07:02 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Props to Seaball for the good finish at Cleveland this weekend. Let get the report on the race when you get some time.
Old 11-27-2006, 09:19 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kevin K
Props to Seaball for the good finish at Cleveland this weekend. Let get the report on the race when you get some time.
nice job seab....if you have pics and stuff you need hosting space you can email me and I'll launch them on Pitspace

congrats.
Old 11-27-2006, 12:37 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Just stopping by to show some love to my Schuie peeps.
Old 11-27-2006, 02:58 PM
Tech Adept

can anyone help me i am runnin a mission and i am in need of a better servo one with quicker response and more speed can anyone help i am not looking to spend a ridiculos amount on one thanks
Old 11-27-2006, 03:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Hey Nemisis,

I run a Futaba S9402. It's a reasonably priced, and quite fast metal geared servo. I've been running it for two full years racing now (in mod class) and haven't had to replace gears in that period - so durability is also excellent.

Cheers
Scott
Old 11-27-2006, 04:37 PM
Tech Adept

does any wone know wat shell will handle well on the mission i currently run a nemisis on my ec but as the ec is broke i am back to old school
cheers
Old 11-28-2006, 05:46 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by nemisis
does any wone know wat shell will handle well on the mission i currently run a nemisis on my ec but as the ec is broke i am back to old school
cheers
PF Mazda 6

I used to run an HPI Lotus Elise shell on my Mission as the wheel arches were almost perfect.

Mission-Elise

Mission-Elise#2
Old 11-28-2006, 05:55 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

I use both the Protoform Mazda 6 and the Parma Type M on my MI2. Both are great handling bodies on asphalt.
Old 11-28-2006, 09:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default 06 us indoor champs

Originally Posted by Kevin K
thanks guys. the weekend was solid. i ran it similar to my novak setup, and it was super. i felt that i had a tq car for the first day. but missing the first round, by loosing a pin in the layshaft, meant that i had to drive safely for the resort in the second. the car actually tightened up the next day, for q3 and q4, before i really had a chance to catch it. i drove tighter in those rounds, but it was my q2 that held up for an 8th place qualifier. almost all of the top ten runs were done in on the first day, which is odd for an indoor race.

in the main, i tried using a little more sidewall to get some steering back, but it wasn't the right answer. the good part was that it was really easy to drive with, which i was able to do for five minutes, while alot of others got ugly.

i think this setup will be great at trackside, in just over a month, for the novak race. you listenin' out there jimnew? the results, pics, and some video will be posted soon on rc50.com. go on over and check it out.

- ray dinklehoff -

(setup attached)
Attached Files
File Type: pdf

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.