Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 710

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2003, 03:59 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by ub
Long time ago I did some trial laps with the Impulse of Matthias Meister, son of Karl-Heinz Meister. His impulse was fitted out with a solid front axle. It was excellent under breaking but difficult in cornering. I would say that a solid front axle is only an advantage on very specific tracks. But normally a one-way front end should be better - and on very twisty tracks a front end differential could help to improve. I drove my 705 only with a one-way.
My main problem with the one-way was spinning when breaking - which caused me to have a lot of high speed crashed and many replacement parts had to be bought. It all stems from a tweak which I can't seem to get rid of.

I thought the EVO III was going to be the same with its one-way diff, but I can get it to break perfectly in a straight line (i.e. no tweak!), but obviously not during turning.

I really need to rebuild my 705 to attempt to get rid of the tweak. It's not a weight distribution problem, as I have an MSP Tweak Station and from that I can see there is no tweak in the chassis - I think maybe one of the arms is binding a little.
Old 11-15-2003, 04:03 PM
ub
Tech Rookie

yes, I mean THIS drive shaft
Old 11-15-2003, 04:05 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by ub
yes, I mean THIS drive shaft
Very interesting!! Do you know where I can find some more details from?
Old 11-15-2003, 05:22 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Let me try this icon thingy...

Glenn Cauley
Ottawa, Canada
Old 11-15-2003, 10:05 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Julius
Actually you can do much as a passenger......
Alright, I knew it !
Old 11-15-2003, 11:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

This forum is quickly approaching the number of pages of the 705 forum! I was gone racing for a day and had about 10 pages to read!

I was wondering why serpent isn't just including the optional pins to change the one-way to a solid with the 710 kit. It just seems logical to me, since it is only a couple of pins. This is a very minor gripe, but a gripe nonetheless.

Also: A few pages back someone mentioned that serpent would include tires in the kit. I would like to suggest that serpent include something higher than the 35 shore tires that were included with the 705. I believe I am right in that most drivers are using somewhere in the 40 shore range currently. Also, you guys apparantly tested the cars with shores around 40. I have never even put 35s on my 705; I tried 37s and they were even too soft.

The new rim design for 2004 looks great though. It appears to give all the advantages (durability and dynamics) of the dish-style, but with easy pivot ball access and a very different look.
Old 11-15-2003, 11:13 PM
Tech Adept

Default Roll Centre & Ackerman?

Guys,

Does the 710 have roll centre changes in the rear and ackerman changes for the frnt like the MTX3?

SN
Old 11-15-2003, 11:29 PM
Tech Adept

Default Mugen Guys

I notice the Mugen guys haven't infiltrated the this forum for a while, they must be busy getting a copy of the 710 ready for the Winter Nats.
Old 11-15-2003, 11:51 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Proficar403
This forum is quickly approaching the number of pages of the 705 forum! I was gone racing for a day and had about 10 pages to read!

I was wondering why serpent isn't just including the optional pins to change the one-way to a solid with the 710 kit. It just seems logical to me, since it is only a couple of pins. This is a very minor gripe, but a gripe nonetheless.

Also: A few pages back someone mentioned that serpent would include tires in the kit. I would like to suggest that serpent include something higher than the 35 shore tires that were included with the 705. I believe I am right in that most drivers are using somewhere in the 40 shore range currently. Also, you guys apparantly tested the cars with shores around 40. I have never even put 35s on my 705; I tried 37s and they were even too soft.

The new rim design for 2004 looks great though. It appears to give all the advantages (durability and dynamics) of the dish-style, but with easy pivot ball access and a very different look.
The new rims do look very good - and look a bit more robust that the current ones. The current ones have certainly saved my car from some damage (they are always the first thing to break in an accident), but I think they break a little too quickly.

It'll be interesting to see if Serpent supply harder shore tyres, as the guys have already mentioned that they've been concentrating on mechanical grip, therefore allowing a harder tyre to be used.

Cheers, Mark.
Old 11-16-2003, 12:10 AM
Tech Adept

Default Down graded

Scanning the image page on mytsn I notice that the el cheapo plastic radio plate support bracket has returned instead of the nice milled version on the 705, along with the standard steel drive shafts, axles and non-vented brake disk it looks like we'll be keeping the bank manager happy again with yet more expensive hop-ups. Come on Serpent you still got time to change these items before you start shipping.
Old 11-16-2003, 12:20 AM
Tech Adept

Default Re: Down graded

Originally posted by Diesel Racer
Scanning the image page on mytsn I notice that the el cheapo plastic radio plate support bracket has returned instead of the nice milled version on the 705, along with the standard steel drive shafts, axles and non-vented brake disk it looks like we'll be keeping the bank manager happy again with yet more expensive hop-ups. Come on Serpent you still got time to change these items before you start shipping.
Silly question time as i new to serpent, what is wron with the servo support and steel dog bone etc? And can anyone answer my question?

SN
Old 11-16-2003, 12:26 AM
Tech Addict

Default Hope so too

Diesel racer : i hope too maybe a good idea to get a bigger market
because there are lots of brands where we can choose from they build all good cars and for less
http://shop.the-border.nl/customer/p...477b4a8f1ff989
Old 11-16-2003, 12:27 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Down graded

Originally posted by Diesel Racer

The alu bracket isn't required - I asked Michael this already:

MichaelS wrote: No they have been for rigidity but you pay the price in weight...and the 710 is very rigid and doesn't need alu parts.
Cheers, Mark.
Old 11-16-2003, 12:31 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Hope so too

Originally posted by border r/c
Diesel racer : i hope too maybe a good idea to get a bigger market
because there are lots of brands where we can choose from they build all good cars and for less
http://shop.the-border.nl/customer/p...477b4a8f1ff989
For me, though, most important is the amount of support and availability of spares - this is where Serpent can't be beat in my oppinion.
Old 11-16-2003, 12:43 AM
Tech Addict

Default Colors

Originally posted by Julius
Yes, it's a picture of KLM's brand new Boeing 777. I took it during a training flight at Chateroux france.
but the colors are not right lol they have to paint to AF style now

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.