Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 710

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2003, 09:03 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by Rene C.
Sure have we seen the changed rear. It’s from serpent. This was a try to make the car easier too drive on small tracks. It has nothing to do with the 710. With the longer upper arm we got a better braking and a bigger sweep-spot. Bad enough, it don’t works on every track. With the 705 we where on the limit, sometimes we mad some changes to go over it. But than it was very difficult to drive. Only Ralf and I used this rear. In begin I liked it, later I used the standard rear again.
Rene, Is there something that you prefer in running the rear shocks longer? I always figured that since the impulse/705 was an impact-based platform, the long rear shocks carried over, and that any new touring car would have the same length shocks all around. Now I see, however, that the 710 has the long rear shocks. Do they offer any advantage? Perhaps they are softer due to using a longer spring?

To my knowledge, serpent is the only company that uses longer shocks in the rear of the car. Even the first Xray T1 had the longer shocks, but later switched to the same shocks all around when the EVO2 came.
Old 11-17-2003, 09:17 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally posted by Proficar403
Rene, Is there something that you prefer in running the rear shocks longer? I always figured that since the impulse/705 was an impact-based platform, the long rear shocks carried over, and that any new touring car would have the same length shocks all around. Now I see, however, that the 710 has the long rear shocks. Do they offer any advantage? Perhaps they are softer due to using a longer spring?

To my knowledge, serpent is the only company that uses longer shocks in the rear of the car. Even the first Xray T1 had the longer shocks, but later switched to the same shocks all around when the EVO2 came.
Hmm, I don’t prefer longer shocks in the rear. I don’t think they are better or worse than shorter shocks. Our rear suspension could have more suspension travel, so we need longer shocks. Ok, when we had shorter shocks we changed the design. But we have our shocks in 2 different length’s, so why we don’t should use them.
Old 11-17-2003, 09:31 AM
Tech Initiate

Default TITANIUM AXLES

Maybe we will make the 2-speed axle and the Middle axle from Titanium.
About the chassis: future is not written.

A 2speed and Middle axle in titanium would be nice
Old 11-17-2003, 09:41 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Venezuelan Champ

Originally posted by fmolzer
Any chance of getting a report posted on mytsn?
Fmolzer, i´m writing the report and togheter with lot´s of pictures will be on line tomorrow

Stay tuned
Old 11-17-2003, 09:42 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by InitialD
I think the main reason is because before this, they did not know of RCTech's existence. I believe only lately somebody on the mytsn forum posted a link to the RCTech forum.

I believe also Schrijver99 told Julius or Rene about this forum personally !
To be honest, i did not know about this Forum. I will try to be here often to share with you guys
Old 11-17-2003, 09:42 AM
Tech Initiate

1. I did some measuring on my 705, and it seemed possible to me to put all 5 cells down in stead of 1 in top. That way fuel tank could be reshaped too. Did I do my homework bad or is there
another reason not to put all cells down.
2. Other thing I saw Carlos P drive his 705 with 4 cells
. Do the other serpent drivers do this too?
Old 11-17-2003, 09:43 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: TITANIUM AXLES

Originally posted by RobbyDV
A 2speed and Middle axle in titanium would be nice
Does it not affect the performace due to the flexible nature of titanium?
Old 11-17-2003, 09:47 AM
Tech Rookie

Thumbs up Re: Re: Venezuelan Champ

Originally posted by Paolo M
Fmolzer, i´m writing the report and togheter with lot´s of pictures will be on line tomorrow

Stay tuned
tomorrow? why not today
Old 11-17-2003, 09:49 AM
Tech Apprentice

Rene, why 710 not using double disc break? Since single disc trackless was 1mm, if brake pad worn out at 0.3 ~ 0.4 each, when I hard push the brake, due to both disc pad touch together, I got weak brake! That was experience in my Impulse, and the hole for pulley adaptor of the single disc was easy worn out after couple of brake use!! I think single disc is not strong enough to nowadays-powerful engine and running foam!!
Old 11-17-2003, 09:49 AM
Tech Apprentice

1. I did some measuring on my 705, and it seemed possible to me to put all 5 cells down in stead of 1 in top. That way fuel tank could be reshaped too. Did I do my homework bad or is there
another reason not to put all cells down.
2. Other thing I saw Carlos P drive his 705 with 4 cells
. Do the other serpent drivers do this too?
I drive the ehole year with 4 cells. Some other drivers (like Carlos) saw and tested this too. I don't feel any difference. It's just winning 9grams
Some other drivers don't thrust this and stay with 5 cells. So it's up to you.
What you mean, with reshaping the fuel tank ?
How you want to put down all 5 cells? Have I done a bad homework?
Old 11-17-2003, 09:56 AM
Tech Initiate

I drive the ehole year with 4 cells. Some other drivers (like Carlos) saw and tested this too. I don't feel any difference. It's just winning 9grams
Some other drivers don't thrust this and stay with 5 cells. So it's up to you.
What you mean, with reshaping the fuel tank ?
How you want to put down all 5 cells? Have I done a bad homework?
Well I mean if u dont put the fifth cell on top of the other 4 or U run 4 cells, the gap (shape, dont find the corect word) made in the fuel tank (necessary to make place for the 5th cell) isnt necessary anymore and the fuel will sit lower. Maybe a nice option for those 4cell drivers.
U can put the 5 cells down if you put the fasteners left 1 right in stead of in front& back OR integrate the fasteners in middle block..

Last edited by RobbyDV; 11-17-2003 at 10:35 AM.
Old 11-17-2003, 09:58 AM
Tech Apprentice

Yo robby, found this forum 2...
It's pretty hot in here....
Also waiting for the 710? Looks pretty good huh?
Greetz
Old 11-17-2003, 10:00 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally posted by Thaasman
Yo robby, found this forum 2...
It's pretty hot in here....
Also waiting for the 710? Looks pretty good huh?
Greetz
yeah, waiting for the 710 and the KHM, just like you I suppose
Old 11-17-2003, 10:02 AM
Tech Apprentice

yeah, waiting for the 710 and the KHM, just like you I suppose
Yup,but about the khm i can't get a straight answer..
Do you?
Old 11-17-2003, 10:02 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally posted by rccplayer
Rene, why 710 not using double disc break? Since single disc trackless was 1mm, if brake pad worn out at 0.3 ~ 0.4 each, when I hard push the brake, due to both disc pad touch together, I got weak brake! That was experience in my Impulse, and the hole for pulley adaptor of the single disc was easy worn out after couple of brake use!! I think single disc is not strong enough to nowadays-powerful engine and running foam!!
I think I have not driven less then you. And I had no problem with bad brakes. You are using the standard pads or the optional one ? The standard’s has a long life time. The optional one have an other material witch makes the brake more sensitive. But also with this one you can drive a long time. So with our experience it was not necessary to go to a rotated higher weight 2 disc brake system. Are your tracks very dirty? If dirt comes on the brake it could be like sandpaper when you brake.
With the 710 we have a better brake. The excenter is more in the middle of the brake-pads. When you brake, not only a small part of the brake-pad will be used. It will help to have a better brake with longer life.

Last edited by Rene C.; 11-17-2003 at 10:12 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.