Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2010, 11:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

do you know who sells them?
Old 06-29-2010, 12:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Mini B3s and new Fiat Abarth wheels are in stock at Speedtech!
Old 06-29-2010, 03:19 PM
Tech Regular

I've spent an hour mounting the 3racing high speed gears in my M05. I noticed that the gears are now very tight, and it makes alot more noice now, Should I be concerned?
Do I need to put in extra cooling and if so how do I go about doing it?

Or will it wear in and get better??
Old 06-29-2010, 03:23 PM
Tech Regular

Last outing with my min i I noticed that is has started to bounce in the corners, high speed corners. The front wheels are now slicks (started there lives as kit included tires but are now worn down to slicks...).

Well my question: can this be fixed?
Old 06-29-2010, 03:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tudor_47
Last outing with my min i I noticed that is has started to bounce in the corners, high speed corners. The front wheels are now slicks (started there lives as kit included tires but are now worn down to slicks...).

Well my question: can this be fixed?
What spring set up are U running in the front and back. On asphalt I usually run a softer set of springs in the front and a little stiffer springs in the back.
Old 06-29-2010, 10:39 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by M03Racer
What spring set up are U running in the front and back. On asphalt I usually run a softer set of springs in the front and a little stiffer springs in the back.
It is the 3racing damper kit(3racing-m03m13lbv2, from RCMART) supplied ones, they are black, all around.
The rear end is looser than the front end. The rear is higher off the ground than the front end.

The dampers are as they came in the package from 3Racing... I will test stiffening the rear some and see what happens.

thanks!
Old 06-29-2010, 11:46 PM
Tech Master

I've spent an hour mounting the 3racing high speed gears in my M05. I noticed that the gears are now very tight, and it makes alot more noice now, Should I be concerned?
Do I need to put in extra cooling and if so how do I go about doing it?

Or will it wear in and get better??
i use the 3Racing gearset and mine are perfectly quiet

I took the gearbox apart and looked to see where the screws for the motor needed be then remembered it , when i used the gears i spray Teflon spray in there to make the mesh qiet and used a good amount of anti wear grease
Old 06-30-2010, 12:27 AM
Tech Elite

Just wanted to let the Mini racers in So Cal know that we're having some good turn outs of Minis at West Coast Raceway. The usual suspects are racing there plus a few new recruits from the TC ranks.

Sorry if this is an inappropriate post.
Old 06-30-2010, 03:11 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hairy
do you know who sells them?
from what i can tell at Stella Hobbies and a couple of other hongkong shops, the m05-specific sway bars arent available yet - looks like july sometime
Old 06-30-2010, 03:24 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by sidecarphil1
i use the 3Racing gearset and mine are perfectly quiet

I took the gearbox apart and looked to see where the screws for the motor needed be then remembered it , when i used the gears i spray Teflon spray in there to make the mesh qiet and used a good amount of anti wear grease
I am using the kit supplied 20T pinion and have the motor mounted according to 3racing instruction in the 16 holes in the gearbox.

what pinion are you running and in what holes is the motor mounted?
Old 06-30-2010, 03:31 AM
Tech Master

I am using the kit supplied 20T pinion and have the motor mounted according to 3racing instruction in the 16 holes in the gearbox.

what pinion are you running and in what holes is the motor mounted?
am using the smallest of the 3Racing gear and a 22 tooth pinion in the 18 hole or the 20 tooth pinion in the16 holes

mine are soo smooth , smoother then the Tamiya ones

I also heard that you can boil them gears to make them softer but i dont like that idea
Old 06-30-2010, 05:05 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by sidecarphil1
am using the smallest of the 3Racing gear and a 22 tooth pinion in the 18 hole or the 20 tooth pinion in the16 holes

mine are soo smooth , smoother then the Tamiya ones

I also heard that you can boil them gears to make them softer but i dont like that idea
OK, so we have the same... hmm, then it will work itself out...
I have an stronger motor than the silver can supplied in the kit... maybe that is what I can feel?
I get beck with a newe report after next ouoting.....
Now if it could only stop raining!

Thanks!
Old 06-30-2010, 06:51 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

It is the 3racing damper kit(3racing-m03m13lbv2, from RCMART) supplied ones, they are black, all around.
The rear end is looser than the front end. The rear is higher off the ground than the front end.

The dampers are as they came in the package from 3Racing... I will test stiffening the rear some and see what happens.

thanks!
If the front spring set up is too stiff you will always spin out because the front of the car is a little heavier then the rear and it starts to bounce and you can lose traction. Now if you use a softer spring in the front the car will actually absorb the bumps better just like in a real car and will have enough traction not to spin out. I use red springs in the front and blue in the back and this does the job for me. Also try a faster motor then your stock motor to break in the gears I'd say use the Tamiya sport tuned motor 27T or the Tamiya lightly tune motor 28T. Both motors a better then the stock silver can motor that the car comes with, the Sport tuned motor has a good steady band of speed and the Lightly tuned motor has better top end speed. Run the car thru at least three battery charges and make sure your motor pinion is on tight otherwise you will strip some gears I always check to make sure I tighten the pinion right before I put the motor in. I use a little cement on the screw to make sure it does not move. I hope this helps you out a bit.
Old 06-30-2010, 11:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Smile

We've changed the track layout.

I drove my mini yesterday, it's fun layout for minis.

Come on out and check out the new track.

Here is the picture of the new layout.

Click Here to check out the video.

http://www.tqrcracing.com

Thanks.
Old 06-30-2010, 11:54 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Granpa
Just wanted to let the Mini racers in So Cal know that we're having some good turn outs of Minis at West Coast Raceway. The usual suspects are racing there plus a few new recruits from the TC ranks.

Sorry if this is an inappropriate post.
Thanks Granpa!! I'll be out there soon again with Dave!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.