Tamiya TA05MS

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2007, 10:10 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hebiki
thats right.. you gotta through to oliver to get to me

showdowns of the TA05MSs this sat!

jose.. do u have any extra belts by chance?
Which one do you need? I have 2 extra fronts and 2 extra rears, but I won't be at BCR this Saturday.
Old 10-12-2007, 10:12 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ittjv
Which one do you need? I have 2 extra fronts and 2 extra rears, but I won't be at BCR this Saturday.
where do u live? i ordered some spare belts... but they wont arrive until next week. so to have one front/one rear would be great. and ill replace it when i get my order next week.
Old 10-12-2007, 10:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hebiki
where do u live? i ordered some spare belts... but they wont arrive until next week. so to have one front/one rear would be great. and ill replace it when i get my order next week.
Pasadena. I work about 5 minutes from Oliver. You want to call him up and convince him to pick them up for you? Shoot me a PM with what you decide.
Old 10-16-2007, 02:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I've been racing my MS for three weeks now and I have to say I'm really impressed with it. It's a real easy car to drive and easy to drive fast. It accerelates quickly and has good cornerspeed. The car has me excited about racing again
Old 10-16-2007, 03:38 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (88%+)

Originally Posted by DOTMAN
I've been racing my MS for three weeks now and I have to say I'm really impressed with it. It's a real easy car to drive and easy to drive fast. It accerelates quickly and has good cornerspeed. The car has me excited about racing again
Hi, thats good to hear, how will you compare it to MRE? Im also planning to get one MS.
Old 10-16-2007, 05:15 PM
Tech Elite

I never raced my MRE in stock. It was good in 19T but I had consistent problems with it. In stock, I ran an MSX that was converted to MRE spec with the exception of the steering (a car I had been winning with consistently). I raced that MSX back-to-back with the TA05MS a few weeks ago and i went .1 faster with the MS on it's first run then I did with the MSX. I like it alot plus I feel the drivetrain is a little freer. Lipos fit in it a lot easier too. No mods necessary
Old 10-16-2007, 05:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

What's a good place to get them at?
Old 10-16-2007, 05:34 PM
Tech Elite

I just got a ggod deal on a second one on ebay
they have online shops. $349 plus shipping
Old 10-17-2007, 01:26 PM
Tech Master

After some testing and races, here's what seemed to work for me.

For tight tracks 23T stock
Reversible sus arms (short type)
No sways
2degree caster
front ball diff
Front 1degree toe out(sus blocks F:1B, R:XC) Rear 1.5toe in
RP 36 w/ yokomo medium inserts
Raise rear roll center with spacers
rebound 4mm F/R (Still experimenting)
Springs, oil: kit stock

Little twitchy, but rotates very well. If you're used to driving pan cars, no biggie here. Track is relatively clean asphalt with sugar water. May need more rear toe with unprepped surface.
Old 10-17-2007, 06:19 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Hey guys, I'm looking at buying a TA05MS but I was wondering if anyone knows if you can use a carbon tub chassis with all the MS parts. I'd like to race it as is weekly, then switch it to a tub for the TCS races to use in GT2 or GT3. Any info would be great.
Old 10-17-2007, 06:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Sounds Good

Originally Posted by redbones

No sways
2degree caster
front ball diff

Little twitchy, but rotates very well. If you're used to driving pan cars, no biggie here. Track is relatively clean asphalt with sugar water. May need more rear toe with unprepped surface.
The setup looks pretty good compared to me. Can I suggest lowering the front roll center instead of raising the rear?
Old 10-17-2007, 07:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

redbones, nice setup you have there but why is it twitchy?

try putting on the sways that came in the kit but do not tighten the one in front though but the one in the rear, yes.
Rear toe-in should atleast in box stock setup and your front toe-out is just right.
Try using a spool instead of ball diff up front. then ball diff at the rear.
Rebound stroke, try using the box stock setup. Then sus. tension atleast try making your ride height 5mm in front and 5.5mm in rear. Shock oil, that came in the kit.
This is somewhat same with my setup and I didnt have any problems with twitching whatsoever and it was good in cornerings, but I was using a oneway that time...

Actually, to summarize what I have just said in this message, I used the stock setup that it said in the manual and just make some minor changes like the sways, and suspension tension. HTH's to remove your twitching problem...
Old 10-17-2007, 10:28 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by redbones

No sways
2degree caster
front ball diff

I understand why you set it up like that. At first I had my TA05MS setup with a silver can and a one-way for running on a very small course. I had to dial out a lot of rear traction as the rear end really sticks with a lower powered motor in this car.
Old 10-18-2007, 04:47 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Racer X79
Hey guys, I'm looking at buying a TA05MS but I was wondering if anyone knows if you can use a carbon tub chassis with all the MS parts. I'd like to race it as is weekly, then switch it to a tub for the TCS races to use in GT2 or GT3. Any info would be great.
wont work as the motormount is positioned differently on the TA05 than on the MS.
you may be able to use arms, towers and other minor stuff.
Old 10-18-2007, 10:14 AM
Tech Master

Thanks for the comments guys. Yes, this track is rather small and has a lot of haripins. Cornering speed is the key on these tracks so I deviated pretty far from stock setup. On top of all the setups, I also shortened the wheel base about 4mm. The front ball diff is so I can go hot into a corner, brake hard, turn, and mash the throttle out. It's fun when I'm being chased by someone and they start to drive at my pace. Most of the guys use a one-way, if they follow me into a turn the way I do, spinning they go. I say it's twitchy because my friends can't drive this car lol. I think it's just fine.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.