Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions
Castle Creations Mamba/MM/MMM FACTORY Q&A thread! >

Castle Creations Mamba/MM/MMM FACTORY Q&A thread!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

Castle Creations Mamba/MM/MMM FACTORY Q&A thread!

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2011, 10:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I have a Mamba Monster ESC V3 and a Castle/NEU 1800 kv motor in my 1/8th buggy and when I crash and the buggy lands on its wheels and rolls backwards my esc will not move until the buggy comes to a complete stop. It sometimes costs valuable racing seconds compared to if you could just punch it and go again. Im guessing it is designed this way to prevent drivetrain damage but not sure. Is there a way to set up the esc so I can just go as soon as the car settles? I have a castle link so if possible please advise.... Thanks.
Old 10-25-2011, 02:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Coppercanyon
I have a Mamba Monster ESC V3 and a Castle/NEU 1800 kv motor in my 1/8th buggy and when I crash and the buggy lands on its wheels and rolls backwards my esc will not move until the buggy comes to a complete stop. It sometimes costs valuable racing seconds compared to if you could just punch it and go again. Im guessing it is designed this way to prevent drivetrain damage but not sure. Is there a way to set up the esc so I can just go as soon as the car settles? I have a castle link so if possible please advise.... Thanks.
I have experienced the "phenomena" in the past. I do not want to by "that guy" and say for you not to crash and problem solved! However, there is no setting on the ESC that creates this behavior. What you are likely experiencing is a voltage spike to the ESC after a crash. What I awlays recommend to people who run the MMM is to secure it twice as well as you think is needed. I am not sure what buggy you are running but find a way to bolt that thing down. I use the E-Revo mount Traxxas put out a while back to secure it in my Losi. Problem solved.
Old 11-09-2011, 04:55 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default Micro Pro

I just bought this and I programmed it with the transmitter but everything I've seen says that it's Castle Link compatible. I don't see anywhere on it where you can plug in a USB cable. Is there somewhere on it that I missed?
Old 11-09-2011, 05:09 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC104ever
I just bought this and I programmed it with the transmitter but everything I've seen says that it's Castle Link compatible. I don't see anywhere on it where you can plug in a USB cable. Is there somewhere on it that I missed?
did you get one of these?
Attached Thumbnails Castle Creations Mamba/MM/MMM FACTORY Q&A thread!-castlelink.jpg  
Old 11-09-2011, 05:10 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Edit- duh, I realized I have to plug in the ESC to the castle link and then use the USB cable. Sorry had a blonde moment!

Last edited by RC104ever; 11-09-2011 at 06:50 PM.
Old 11-28-2011, 11:03 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Coppercanyon
Since it is sensorless system when it rolls backwards the esc cannot find zero timing on the motor and because of that it won't go forward until the truck stops. Once it stops the speedo can find zero timing and start running forward again. That is one thing sensored does better than a sensorless system.
Old 12-11-2011, 08:16 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I was wondering if anyone has also encountered cogging issues at low acceleration using the latest 1.32 firmware. This is in a brand new MM manufactured in Nov. (Opened the case to see date on sticker.) I am using a Tekin 1900 motor. I switched to 1.24 and the cogging was gone, so plan to just stick with that. Just wondering if this is a normal occurrence.
Old 01-03-2012, 11:49 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 30 (97%+)

Originally Posted by goinbrokeracin
What is the story with the Castle Link Graph viewer? I have the Mamba Max Pro. I assume the MMP isnt one of the speedos that works with the viewer. Thanks. Bob
Originally Posted by florianlaux
any information about this?

Does the graph viewer work with the MM pro?

When yes, how?
After reading about 12+ pages and not finding an anwser, I'm still wondering this also.

Does the Graph-veiw work with a Mamba Max or Mamba Max Pro?

It seems like a cool feature/idea, but I cant seem to find away to make it work.

Thanks,
Tom
Old 01-03-2012, 11:59 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Azagar
I was wondering if anyone has also encountered cogging issues at low acceleration using the latest 1.32 firmware. This is in a brand new MM manufactured in Nov. (Opened the case to see date on sticker.) I am using a Tekin 1900 motor. I switched to 1.24 and the cogging was gone, so plan to just stick with that. Just wondering if this is a normal occurrence.
I did notice this too. But at the same time I updated, I also changed gearing and was thinking it was due to my gearing changes. I will have to go back to 1.24 and check it out.
Old 01-03-2012, 12:01 PM
Tech Regular

Tom,

The graph viewer only works with the ICE (airplane/heli) controllers and the Mamba XL (1/5th scale) ESCs. Those are the only controllers that have datalogging capability at the moment.

Joe
Old 01-03-2012, 12:11 PM
Tech Fanatic

Thank you for the fast response. I can quit felling stupid now.

Any plans on adding it in a future firmware update?
Old 01-03-2012, 12:22 PM
Tech Regular

It would have to be a new controller...hardware change would be needed as well as software.
Old 01-08-2012, 01:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default MMM cutting out

Hey Joe,

Long time user of the MMM, I have an issue with two of my MMM recently thats got me baffled. Im running them in a 8T2.0, with a venom 70c/5300 4 cell lipo, spectrum telemtry rec., castle CC BEC set to 6v, JR servo 9100t, currently running my truggy motor in it 2000kv(my 1900 is in for service).
Anyway thats the setup, now the problem:
I get intermittant throttle interuption on hard acceleration, and complete cutout out on 90% of my hard landings. I DNF'd two heats and the main last weekend it was quite frustrating. After the second heats DNF, I put in a spare ESC(MMM) that I have and the same stuff. After coming up with zero, I took this approach:
replaced deans connector on ESC
resoldered bullets that go into ESC from motor wires in case wire was broken inside sheathing
replaced receiver with spare spectrum

Went to park today with a buddy and just started hitting the skateboard ramp, with massive air, I was hitting this large grassy knoll to reduce slamming, but the G's of motion where still the same and I was able to recreate the shut down. My buddy was at the DMZ and said that when it landed the ESC would shut off and then he would hear it reboot. When the unit goes out, I still have steering from the BEC, but no throttle obviously. then you hear the start up tone and its back running.
Again, its on harsh landings but normal as far as track racing(even though I try to downside). Also intermittent throttle outages under acceleration.
I am stumped, two ESC;s doing the same thing.
Any thoughts other than fan wire being cut into, which I am going to look for tonight, that was an issue with some MMM years ago.

going to motorama soon and I am stumped
Old 01-10-2012, 06:14 PM
Tech Adept

Hello, I have the MMP system with the 5700kV motor. I'm noticing that sometimes during hard acceleration from a stand still or low rpms my truck will take off then suddenly slam on the brakes on its own then take off again. What could be the problem?

Also when using the Castle Link USB Adaptor do I connect the three prongs from the adaptor into the plug for the esc that goes into the receiver?
Old 01-11-2012, 12:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 109 (100%+)

Originally Posted by coconut
Hello, I have the MMP system with the 5700kV motor. I'm noticing that sometimes during hard acceleration from a stand still or low rpms my truck will take off then suddenly slam on the brakes on its own then take off again. What could be the problem?

Also when using the Castle Link USB Adaptor do I connect the three prongs from the adaptor into the plug for the esc that goes into the receiver?
you may need to upgrade your battery to fix the stutter. i had this problem when i tried some old 6 cell packs but once i put a new lipo on everything was fine.

yes plug the prongs into the plug. make sure you plug it in correctly.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.