Search
Like Tree1Likes

Xray T3 2012

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2012, 06:06 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racinrafa
Hey does anyone know why RC America hasnt lowered prices on its parts. The USD is trading 18% higher to the Euro compared to the last price increase. Seems to me that the Exchange Rate should help in the other direction as well.

-Rafa
Originally Posted by Fred Hubbard
You made a new account just to ask that??? Here's the number to the shop, give 'em a call...214.744.2400
Originally Posted by Chris Adams
His posting strategies aside (no need to make a new handle to vent), his math is correct unless both of ours isn't haha. I just checked. Looked like the euro peaked compared to the US Dollar in 2008 and has fallen approximately 18% since. I do not think this will change anything stateside though. The market currently sells t3 12's for 500.00 dollars (this is what is really important, not the currency) and rc america cant keep them in stock because they have the best car which includes durability (less parts breakage, less worn out parts, and more finishing of races)
RCAmerica used to purchase products based on the current exchange rate but it was so hard to do as dealer pricing kept changing all the time with the exchange rate. So a few years ago they started locking in their "rate" for the year so that if the exchange rate went up or down it did not affect their pricing structures. Only makes sense to do this as a business to keep track of things better.

Truth be known the last order that came into RCAmerica a few weeks ago was in fact one of the largest orders they have ever received. It took almost 2 weeks just to check everything in and get it organized before they started shipping products and guess what was still missing....ECS's. Those have been on backorder for about 4 months...RCA has ordered them but they dont get shipped.

SO just because you all cant find stuff doesnt mean its RCAmerica's fault. They can only sell what they get sent from Xray. Trust me do you think a company that large really wants to have nothing to see? Absolutely not...they are in business to make money...not pay rent on a building that has shelfs that are empty and employees that have nothing to sell and ship. It really amazes me that people believe that is how they operate.

EA
Old 03-27-2012, 07:14 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Everyone wants to make money. Not everyone wants to put in the proper effort to do it.
Old 03-27-2012, 07:15 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 83 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
RCAmerica used to purchase products based on the current exchange rate but it was so hard to do as dealer pricing kept changing all the time with the exchange rate. So a few years ago they started locking in their "rate" for the year so that if the exchange rate went up or down it did not affect their pricing structures. Only makes sense to do this as a business to keep track of things better.

Truth be known the last order that came into RCAmerica a few weeks ago was in fact one of the largest orders they have ever received. It took almost 2 weeks just to check everything in and get it organized before they started shipping products and guess what was still missing....ECS's. Those have been on backorder for about 4 months...RCA has ordered them but they dont get shipped.
O
SO just because you all cant find stuff doesnt mean its RCAmerica's fault. They can only sell what they get sent from Xray. Trust me do you think a company that large really wants to have nothing to see? Absolutely not...they are in business to make money...not pay rent on a building that has shelfs that are empty and employees that have nothing to sell and ship. It really amazes me that people believe that is how they operate.

EA

+1 ....
Old 03-27-2012, 07:17 PM
Team EAM

Originally Posted by or8ital
Everyone wants to make money. Not everyone wants to put in the proper effort to do it.
What else would you have them do? Travel to Slovkia and learn how to make the stuff themselves? That seems to be everyones attitude on here.

BRIAN....if your reading this get your passport ready!

EA
Old 03-27-2012, 07:22 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Place bigger orders? :-)
Old 03-27-2012, 07:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

EA
Good idea. When I get sick of cutting chassis I'll start molding my own parts.
Old 03-27-2012, 08:26 PM
Team EAM

Originally Posted by syndr0me
Place bigger orders? :-)
Guess you didnt see the part where I alluded to that they have been placing large orders like ECS's but still dont get it. If they ordered 1000 of every part it doesnt mean they would get any of it....They only send what they can get out the door of the factory.

EA
Old 03-27-2012, 08:26 PM
Team EAM

Originally Posted by Xpress
Good idea. When I get sick of cutting chassis I'll start molding my own parts.

LOL....Actually I was referring to Brian at RCA...LOL

Cutting graphite..YUCK. Not sure there is much of a worse job!

EA
Old 03-27-2012, 08:29 PM
Team EAM

Look at the cars on the market that are not as popular in the US...people are complaining about getting parts for those cars too. So apparently its not just Xray with a supply issue. Pretty sure I seen where some guys cant get some of the new AE parts and have to modify TC6 stuff to fit. Not knocking them Just saying

EA
Old 03-27-2012, 08:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (95%+)

I have tons of brand new parts for the t3 2012 for sale in the for sale section, cheaper then any one, brand new arrowmax ecs for 39 usd shipped for both lol, nikita outdrives new 29 usd shipped, 20g weight for the chassis, bolts on in the middle 19 usd shipped, 26mm turnbuckles 9 usd shipped for a pair, 39mm turnbuckles 9 usd shipped for three of them so will do the steering linkage complete, I have all the screws from the kit the sh and sfh screws from the kit plus a pack of 3x10 sfh and 3x8 sfh screws all for 29 shipped its a 150 dollar value, I have all the shims aluminum and composite 6x1x3, 6x2x3 shims in black aluminum and all the composite 29 usd shipped again just two packs cost that much, lots more let me know, thanks
Old 03-27-2012, 09:01 PM
Tech Master

All this does not need to be on this thread,if you are having a problem finding parts or want to express you opinion on the company it would be best to post on the RCAmerica Xray/Hudy thread. With all this said we at RCAmerica do the best we can to sell and support the product in the US. Product lines from Xray have picked up sells all over the world, so the demand for parts, kits, etc.... Have been on the raise. We can only do so much, believe me we want to sell ecs's , set up station and all the other parts. So to say that we are doing something wrong or I think nexus should be the importer or however it's put. The product can only be made so fast. Also a lot of the product sold in the states is sold across the pond, due to the online shops being cheaper here and shipping is not that expensive. Its not like A main, nexus, stormer won't sell to Europe.

My email is [email protected] please send me a email if you are having problems finding product and I will make sure to find a place or have a answer on how to get the product. Thanks for your support

Thanks Drew
Old 03-27-2012, 10:00 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Guess you didnt see the part where I alluded to that they have been placing large orders like ECS's but still dont get it. If they ordered 1000 of every part it doesnt mean they would get any of it....They only send what they can get out the door of the factory.
Sorry, I guess the sarcasm didn't come through on that one.

I've had to replace a single bent ECS* in nearly a year of running the car. That's it. If there's a parts shortage, I wouldn't know, 'cause I don't ever need parts.

* And shock bladders, but I switched to TRF shocks with Exotek orange bits so that's not really a factor now.
Old 03-27-2012, 10:49 PM
Tech Champion

What else would you have them do? Travel to Slovkia and learn how to make the stuff themselves? That seems to be everyones attitude on here.

EA
It wasn't a statement about RC America. It was a statement about using that as a basis to prove a point. . Show me someone who doesn't wanna earn money. LOL. Doesn't mean everyone does it correctly.
Old 03-27-2012, 10:51 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Drew Ellis
All this does not need to be on this thread,if you are having a problem finding parts or want to express you opinion on the company it would be best to post on the RCAmerica Xray/Hudy thread. With all this said we at RCAmerica do the best we can to sell and support the product in the US. Product lines from Xray have picked up sells all over the world, so the demand for parts, kits, etc.... Have been on the raise. We can only do so much, believe me we want to sell ecs's , set up station and all the other parts. So to say that we are doing something wrong or I think nexus should be the importer or however it's put. The product can only be made so fast. Also a lot of the product sold in the states is sold across the pond, due to the online shops being cheaper here and shipping is not that expensive. Its not like A main, nexus, stormer won't sell to Europe.

My email is [email protected] please send me a email if you are having problems finding product and I will make sure to find a place or have a answer on how to get the product. Thanks for your support

Thanks Drew
I tried emailing about parts availability several weeks ago via the hudy site My email went unanswered. Not sure where it was directed.

Fwiw, I would own a ton more products from rc America if the stock was more visible. As it stands right now I have to call my LHS to ask, they then have to call RCA to find out what's in stock. Then they call me back to see if I can live without whatever is not in stock then I decide if I want to order and they call RCA back. Very cumbersome process.

Last edited by or8ital; 03-27-2012 at 11:24 PM.
Old 03-28-2012, 06:31 AM
Tech Adept

guys, whats the best way to reduce rotating mass in the T3 2012?

so far some of my ideas have been to widen the holes in the front spool and widen the holes in the spur gear with a reamer, these are only slight changes but should help in some of the slower classes. i have also bought the lightweight spur gear adaptor...... anyone got any other thoughts? any are welcome.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.