Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

Xray T3 2012

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2012, 07:29 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Gonna order a T3 2012 as a secondary car. What, if any, are the necessary additions / upgrades to the out of the box car? Gonna run 17.5 and/or mod with it on a large asphalt track.

Is the center servo mount available in the US yet?

Thanks. Subscribing to thread now.
Old 05-12-2012, 07:46 PM
Regional Moderator

Originally Posted by or8ital
Gonna order a T3 2012 as a secondary car. What, if any, are the necessary additions / upgrades to the out of the box car? Gonna run 17.5 and/or mod with it on a large asphalt track.

Tim -

Gear diff for the front, with 500K or putty. 30g Xray weight for center of chassis. Been running mine since first week of November, and haven't broken anything yet.

This will soon be your primary car.
Old 05-12-2012, 07:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

I would strongly recommend the hard front bumper...
Spring set...
and the nomral stuff, arms, 4 and 6 Front hubs, rear hubs, steer hub, belts, 700 and 1K oil for the diff, and personally I would have 2 gear diffs built, for quick change at the track depending on the change in traction... but that is just me...
Old 05-12-2012, 08:02 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by CarbonJoe
Tim -

Gear diff for the front, with 500K or putty. 30g Xray weight for center of chassis. Been running mine since first week of November, and haven't broken anything yet.

This will soon be your primary car.
Thanks Joe! I think you could be right. I loved my last xray.

Bvoltz, will keep in mind. Should this become my primary car I will invest more in it. I'm gonna totally jinx myself but I rarely break parts so I really don't feel like stocking them for myself. I will fabricate a Parma bumper for it which usually helps.
Old 05-12-2012, 08:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Thanks Joe! I think you could be right. I loved my last xray.

Bvoltz, will keep in mind. Should this become my primary car I will invest more in it. I'm gonna totally jinx myself but I rarely break parts so I really don't feel like stocking them for myself. I will fabricate a Parma bumper for it which usually helps.
I feel ya, I just hate to not have a part when I need one....
Old 05-12-2012, 08:11 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by bvoltz
I feel ya, I just hate to not have a part when I need one....
Yeah it's frustrating for sure. But since I will have another car which I do have spares for I won't completely ruin my race day.
Old 05-13-2012, 08:15 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)
Default Pricing

So as onroad is not doing so well in my area, I'm going to be running offroad mostly, I've decided to sell my T3 2012, I've posted it on the for sale forums and it has a bunch of upgrades. Unfortunately all of the other cars that have been sold have the prices removed so I'm kinda guessing on price.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...ades-sale.html

Anyone care to take a look and see if I'm way out of the ballpark or just may not have seen the right buyer yet.
Old 05-13-2012, 08:26 AM
Tech Adept

Default ECS pins

Hi,

I just bought a pair of ecs's and some spare flat spot pins. What is the difference between the brown flat spot pins that come with the ecs's and the blue flat spot pins, is one a newer version or stronger?
Old 05-13-2012, 09:17 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Matt W
Hi,

I just bought a pair of ecs's and some spare flat spot pins. What is the difference between the brown flat spot pins that come with the ecs's and the blue flat spot pins, is one a newer version or stronger?
yup- the blue pins are supposed to be stronger. I'd recommend only lightly using the set screw (dont forget the lock tight) and make sure to apply heat shrink to the outside of the ecs.
Old 05-13-2012, 09:22 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Fred Hubbard
Caveat Emptor...imitation may be the highest form of flattery but it doesn't mean the quality will be the same as the original designer!!!!
Hey Fred...I think Tamiya feels the same way!

So, is the exotek better on carpet and pavement then the X-ray chassis and top deck?
Old 05-13-2012, 09:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by artwork

So, is the exotek better on carpet and pavement then the X-ray chassis and top deck?
I guess if we offered an inferior product for their car(s) then yes there would be something they could say. But since our block IMPROVES upon their design in every way except their color then nothing can be said Search out and speak with Aaron Young.
Old 05-13-2012, 09:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tcdrvr2
Anyone care to take a look and see if I'm way out of the ballpark or just may not have seen the right buyer yet.
I think you will probably need to lower your asking price a bit, to get it sold quickly. Unless the included tire sets are new in package, they aren't worth much. For everything else, you will probably need to be closer to half price of retail. Two thirds max.

Something to think about when calculating the value...It does have a second gear diff for the front, but doesn't include the kit spool. It has aluminum shocks, but doesn't include the kit composite shocks as spares. So those hop up's don't add quite as much extra value to the package when you subtract the cost of the items they replaced.

The car looks to be in very good condition, so that definitely helps. Nice car. It's a shame TC isn't doing well in your area.

Last edited by locked; 05-13-2012 at 10:09 AM.
Old 05-13-2012, 10:24 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by artwork

I've sold a ton of the Exotek blocks to Tamiya shops and drivers so that says something about our blocks
Old 05-13-2012, 10:33 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by locked
I think you will probably need to lower your asking price a bit, to get it sold quickly. Unless the included tire sets are new in package, they aren't worth much. For everything else, you will probably need to be closer to half price of retail. Two thirds max.

Something to think about when calculating the value...It does have a second gear diff for the front, but doesn't include the kit spool. It has aluminum shocks, but doesn't include the kit composite shocks as spares. So those hop up's don't add quite as much extra value to the package when you subtract the cost of the items they replaced.

The car looks to be in very good condition, so that definitely helps. Nice car. It's a shame TC isn't doing well in your area.
I didn't say those parts weren't included, I still have the kit spool and the composite shocks. But a good point to make that they weren't included in the description thanks.
Old 05-13-2012, 10:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tcdrvr2
I didn't say those parts weren't included, I still have the kit spool and the composite shocks. But a good point to make that they weren't included in the description thanks.
I would lower your price a bit, car looks great though.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.