Like Tree1Likes

Xray T3 2012

Old 05-12-2012, 07:29 PM
  #2461  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (38)
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 5,360
Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Default

Gonna order a T3 2012 as a secondary car. What, if any, are the necessary additions / upgrades to the out of the box car? Gonna run 17.5 and/or mod with it on a large asphalt track.

Is the center servo mount available in the US yet?

Thanks. Subscribing to thread now.
or8ital is offline  
Old 05-12-2012, 07:46 PM
  #2462  
Regional Moderator
 
CarbonJoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,664
Default

Originally Posted by or8ital View Post
Gonna order a T3 2012 as a secondary car. What, if any, are the necessary additions / upgrades to the out of the box car? Gonna run 17.5 and/or mod with it on a large asphalt track.

Is the center servo mount available in the US yet?

Thanks. Subscribing to thread now.
Tim -

Gear diff for the front, with 500K or putty. 30g Xray weight for center of chassis. Been running mine since first week of November, and haven't broken anything yet.

This will soon be your primary car.
CarbonJoe is offline  
Old 05-12-2012, 07:46 PM
  #2463  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (44)
 
bvoltz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Bedtime with Teddi
Posts: 3,635
Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by or8ital View Post
Gonna order a T3 2012 as a secondary car. What, if any, are the necessary additions / upgrades to the out of the box car? Gonna run 17.5 and/or mod with it on a large asphalt track.

Is the center servo mount available in the US yet?

Thanks. Subscribing to thread now.
I would strongly recommend the hard front bumper...
Spring set...
and the nomral stuff, arms, 4 and 6 Front hubs, rear hubs, steer hub, belts, 700 and 1K oil for the diff, and personally I would have 2 gear diffs built, for quick change at the track depending on the change in traction... but that is just me...
bvoltz is offline  
Old 05-12-2012, 08:02 PM
  #2464  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (38)
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 5,360
Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by CarbonJoe View Post
Tim -

Gear diff for the front, with 500K or putty. 30g Xray weight for center of chassis. Been running mine since first week of November, and haven't broken anything yet.

This will soon be your primary car.
Thanks Joe! I think you could be right. I loved my last xray.

Bvoltz, will keep in mind. Should this become my primary car I will invest more in it. I'm gonna totally jinx myself but I rarely break parts so I really don't feel like stocking them for myself. I will fabricate a Parma bumper for it which usually helps.
or8ital is offline  
Old 05-12-2012, 08:05 PM
  #2465  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (44)
 
bvoltz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Bedtime with Teddi
Posts: 3,635
Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by or8ital View Post
Thanks Joe! I think you could be right. I loved my last xray.

Bvoltz, will keep in mind. Should this become my primary car I will invest more in it. I'm gonna totally jinx myself but I rarely break parts so I really don't feel like stocking them for myself. I will fabricate a Parma bumper for it which usually helps.
I feel ya, I just hate to not have a part when I need one....
bvoltz is offline  
Old 05-12-2012, 08:11 PM
  #2466  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (38)
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 5,360
Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by bvoltz View Post
I feel ya, I just hate to not have a part when I need one....
Yeah it's frustrating for sure. But since I will have another car which I do have spares for I won't completely ruin my race day.
or8ital is offline  
Old 05-13-2012, 08:15 AM
  #2467  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (88)
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 901
Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)
Default Pricing

So as onroad is not doing so well in my area, I'm going to be running offroad mostly, I've decided to sell my T3 2012, I've posted it on the for sale forums and it has a bunch of upgrades. Unfortunately all of the other cars that have been sold have the prices removed so I'm kinda guessing on price.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...ades-sale.html

Anyone care to take a look and see if I'm way out of the ballpark or just may not have seen the right buyer yet.
tcdrvr2 is offline  
Old 05-13-2012, 08:26 AM
  #2468  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 157
Default ECS pins

Hi,

I just bought a pair of ecs's and some spare flat spot pins. What is the difference between the brown flat spot pins that come with the ecs's and the blue flat spot pins, is one a newer version or stronger?
Matt W is offline  
Old 05-13-2012, 09:17 AM
  #2469  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (28)
 
hanulec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: @ the post office
Posts: 9,630
Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Matt W View Post
Hi,

I just bought a pair of ecs's and some spare flat spot pins. What is the difference between the brown flat spot pins that come with the ecs's and the blue flat spot pins, is one a newer version or stronger?
yup- the blue pins are supposed to be stronger. I'd recommend only lightly using the set screw (dont forget the lock tight) and make sure to apply heat shrink to the outside of the ecs.
hanulec is offline  
Old 05-13-2012, 09:22 AM
  #2470  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (77)
 
artwork's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Thornton, CO
Posts: 3,298
Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Fred Hubbard View Post
Caveat Emptor...imitation may be the highest form of flattery but it doesn't mean the quality will be the same as the original designer!!!!
Hey Fred...I think Tamiya feels the same way!

So, is the exotek better on carpet and pavement then the X-ray chassis and top deck?
artwork is offline  
Old 05-13-2012, 09:50 AM
  #2471  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (6)
 
Fred Hubbard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Inglewood, CA
Posts: 2,721
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by artwork View Post
Hey Fred...I think Tamiya feels the same way!

So, is the exotek better on carpet and pavement then the X-ray chassis and top deck?
I guess if we offered an inferior product for their car(s) then yes there would be something they could say. But since our block IMPROVES upon their design in every way except their color then nothing can be said Search out and speak with Aaron Young.
Fred Hubbard is offline  
Old 05-13-2012, 09:54 AM
  #2472  
Tech Master
iTrader: (1)
 
locked's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,758
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by tcdrvr2 View Post
Anyone care to take a look and see if I'm way out of the ballpark or just may not have seen the right buyer yet.
I think you will probably need to lower your asking price a bit, to get it sold quickly. Unless the included tire sets are new in package, they aren't worth much. For everything else, you will probably need to be closer to half price of retail. Two thirds max.

Something to think about when calculating the value...It does have a second gear diff for the front, but doesn't include the kit spool. It has aluminum shocks, but doesn't include the kit composite shocks as spares. So those hop up's don't add quite as much extra value to the package when you subtract the cost of the items they replaced.

The car looks to be in very good condition, so that definitely helps. Nice car. It's a shame TC isn't doing well in your area.

Last edited by locked; 05-13-2012 at 10:09 AM.
locked is offline  
Old 05-13-2012, 10:24 AM
  #2473  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (15)
 
MikeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Irvine, CA
Posts: 5,524
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by artwork View Post
Hey Fred...I think Tamiya feels the same way!

So, is the exotek better on carpet and pavement then the X-ray chassis and top deck?

I've sold a ton of the Exotek blocks to Tamiya shops and drivers so that says something about our blocks
MikeR is offline  
Old 05-13-2012, 10:33 AM
  #2474  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (88)
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 901
Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by locked View Post
I think you will probably need to lower your asking price a bit, to get it sold quickly. Unless the included tire sets are new in package, they aren't worth much. For everything else, you will probably need to be closer to half price of retail. Two thirds max.

Something to think about when calculating the value...It does have a second gear diff for the front, but doesn't include the kit spool. It has aluminum shocks, but doesn't include the kit composite shocks as spares. So those hop up's don't add quite as much extra value to the package when you subtract the cost of the items they replaced.

The car looks to be in very good condition, so that definitely helps. Nice car. It's a shame TC isn't doing well in your area.
I didn't say those parts weren't included, I still have the kit spool and the composite shocks. But a good point to make that they weren't included in the description thanks.
tcdrvr2 is offline  
Old 05-13-2012, 10:44 AM
  #2475  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (9)
 
B00t13g's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 2,041
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by tcdrvr2 View Post
I didn't say those parts weren't included, I still have the kit spool and the composite shocks. But a good point to make that they weren't included in the description thanks.
I would lower your price a bit, car looks great though.
B00t13g is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.