Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree649Likes

Team Associated B6 & B6D thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 06-07-2017, 10:46 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated B6 & B6D thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Welcome to the B6 Wiki!

Quick links to all the sections on the first page!

Frequently asked questions - the most common questions you may have answered here!

Aftermarket Parts - parts for the B6 and B6D

Tech Tutorials- tuning guides, ball diff and shock building videos and tutorials

How to's and build-specific posts

Team Associated Laydown transmission conversion for B6D:
Laydown conversion

Instruction Manuals:

B6: B6 Manual and setup sheets

B6D: B6D Manual and setup sheets

How to Sand and Seal carbon fiber:
Sanding and sealing carbon fiber
Sanding and sealing carbon fiber 2
Sanding and sealing carbon fiber 3
Sanding and sealing carbon fiber 4

Charts for Quick reference:

1) put inner bearing in hub
2) slide large shim over axle all the way up to the back of the axle
3) slide axle/bone into hub carrier
4) slide small shim onto axle through hub carrier
5) push outter bearing into hub carrier

using that i'm able to put my normal male silverback gorilla wheel nut tightening job and there's no binding. in the pictures that come with the shims (the pic socket posted) it seems like they want you to slide both shims onto the axle before sliding the axle into the hub carrier and like i said, that doesn't work.

I've traditionally done the diff screw head on the left side (driver's side), but have since switched to the Right side (passenger side) regardless of transmission type (3 gear RM vs 3 gear MM and 4 gear MM).

Kdub (Kurt Wenger, former AE designer) had this to say on the matter:

Originally Posted by kdub
I think I count as an authority on the matter. I always run my diff screw on the right side (when sitting "inside" the car). I take off the tire and pull the outer hinge pin to get to the adjustment screw.

The right rear is the way the AE manuals state (or used to state). It really shouldn't matter since you go around turns both left and right.
B6D 3-gear:

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2017, 08:28 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Cain
the pack I have right with the 1.7s leads me to think that is what is causing me some issues. Great car though and its nice to have a community and team drivers to bounce stuff off of and view setups.
Carpet racing?
Old 01-17-2017, 08:35 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AE_Stig
Carpet racing?
yup. There is a section where it transitions from Gray ozite to this Tan stuff. That tan stuff has a bit more traction, but it gets bumpy on some sections, in particular on a turn that comes right at the end of the back straight. When I hit that with my current setup I get kicked around and sometimes grip rolls there from the the bumps.

I don't see this issue on my wheeler which uses similar tires so i am thinking a setup issue.

Outside of that, I like the setup, just need to get it a bit more consistent when things get a bit more bumpy and a hair more rear traction.
Old 01-17-2017, 08:38 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Cain
yup. There is a section where it transitions from Gray ozite to this Tan stuff. That tan stuff has a bit more traction, but it gets bumpy on some sections, in particular on a turn that comes right at the end of the back straight. When I hit that with my current setup I get kicked around and sometimes grip rolls there from the the bumps.

I don't see this issue on my wheeler which uses similar tires so i am thinking a setup issue.

Outside of that, I like the setup, just need to get it a bit more consistent when things get a bit more bumpy and a hair more rear traction.

If you are running a fairly traditional carpet setup (very light weight rear), i would recommend 2x1.8 rear pistons.
Old 01-17-2017, 10:16 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

If you are running a fairly traditional carpet setup (very light weight rear), i would recommend 2x1.8 rear pistons.
If using the 2 X 1.8 pistons how much if any should the oil weight be increased?
Old 01-17-2017, 10:18 AM
Tech Apprentice

I would start with 32.5 to 35 depending on track and temperature.
Old 01-17-2017, 10:20 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I would start with 32.5 to 35 depending on track and temperature.
I'm currently using 30, the track is pretty smooth so basically I should just increase it slightly with the larger holes in the pistons correct?
Old 01-17-2017, 10:30 AM
Tech Apprentice

yes
Old 01-17-2017, 10:41 AM
Tech Legend

sounds good. Yeah I think that will help a lot. Do you recommend any spring changes?
Old 01-17-2017, 10:59 AM
Tech Apprentice

gray or blue is a good starting point
Old 01-17-2017, 12:04 PM
Tech Legend

perfect thanks!
Old 01-17-2017, 03:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 380 (99%+)

Anyone have any info on how to get a set of BMI hub inserts? I have emailed him, but he never responded. Thanks.
Old 01-17-2017, 03:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

I had luck through email. If you have Facebook look him up there.
Old 01-17-2017, 03:16 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Hey guys. Took my new B6 out for its first practice day yesterday. Cool kit but it actually didn't blow my mind like I thought it would. Feel and drivability was similar to my old B5 and in some ways the B5 was better. I'm sure there are many factors involved here but my question is, are there any MUST DO adjustments for the B6? With the B5 there were things like 3mm trailing inserts, pistons and hub adjustments that just made the car way better. Anything like that on this platform? I'm on medium/high bite clay running lay down, gull wing and ball diff. Car is good but not amazing. Thoughts?
Old 01-17-2017, 03:36 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

That's a loaded question. It all depends on your current set up and what you're trying to get the car to do. I see you're in la, which track are you running on?
Old 01-17-2017, 03:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jonski
Anyone have any info on how to get a set of BMI hub inserts? I have emailed him, but he never responded. Thanks.
What hub inserts are you looking for?? I bought the carbon fiber ones & battery strap from here
https://www.facebook.com/Breathless-...3956091868322/

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.