Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree6Likes

Schumacher Mi4

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2010, 01:35 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

I appreciate the kudos guy's, let's hope the medical field is as nice to me as all of you guys
Old 07-22-2010, 04:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by zleader_99
I have been trying different posted set ups. I Running a MI4lp and MI4. Both my cars have the alloy pivot blocks. If a set asks for setting based of the standard blocks how do I change my alloy blocks set up to reflect it.
Is there a conversion chart that I have missed?

Thanks

I assume 2mm is a tarmac chassis and the 2.5 is carpet?
Well, the 2mm chassis is the "rubber tire chassis" but on really high traction carpet surfaces like at the Snowbirds or IIC a lot of guys are switching to the 2.5mm chassis to free up the car. For low traction club racing, the 2mm is the way to go, but if your track has a major groove, you might be better off with the 2.5mm.
Old 07-22-2010, 04:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I don't know if any of you seen the mi4 lp test in the august issue of rc car action, but if you did and would be interested in purchasing the body drop me an email..... [email protected]

Asking $80 shipped shipped to any where in the lower 48 united states

Adam.....glad your landing on your feet.....you still thinkin of comin to kc in august?

Last edited by clintscreations; 07-22-2010 at 05:20 PM. Reason: brain not working right
Old 07-26-2010, 07:06 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Will the spool from a Mi4 fit the Mi3.5?
Old 07-26-2010, 07:40 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Joe Maxey
Will the spool from a Mi4 fit the Mi3.5?
Yes
Old 07-27-2010, 12:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

On Saturday, I ran the dual-link steering with 2mm spacers under the cross bar, and it seemed to work OK. But at the end of the day, I got the hole counter-sunk, so the spacers are off now.

Does anyone know the spacer configuration for the alloy suspension blocks that give the same geometry as the plastic ones? I only installed one side on the front so far. I used 1mm between the upper and lower block, and the stock 2.5mm between the upper block and bulkhead, and things look pretty close (I've only installed one side so far, so I was comparing to the other side). But I don't really have a way of measuring more precisely.

Also, now that I've got the front apart, I'm noticing that my front swaybar is pretty tweaked. When I push up on one side, it lifts the other almost the same height. If I push the other side up, it barely lifts the first side. I had previously noticed the same thing in the rear, but I've ripped off the left rear a couple times, so it wasn't surprising. The front has never been wrecked like that, though. Is swaybar tweak pretty common?

-Mike
Old 07-27-2010, 12:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Yes, swaybar tweak is very common, especially if you have torn off a side. Easy fix though, just keep bending back while checking on your tweak board or piece of glass. Even check and fix new sway bars.
Old 07-27-2010, 07:09 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

does the rear belt of the mi4 fit the mi2?
Old 07-27-2010, 07:19 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by grippgoat
Does anyone know the spacer configuration for the alloy suspension blocks that give the same geometry as the plastic ones? I only installed one side on the front so far. I used 1mm between the upper and lower block, and the stock 2.5mm between the upper block and bulkhead, and things look pretty close (I've only installed one side so far, so I was comparing to the other side). But I don't really have a way of measuring more precisely.
1mm between blocks in the front and 2mm between blocks in the back. The hole on the bulkhead is 1mm higher on the bulkhead in the rear.
Old 07-27-2010, 04:51 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by grippgoat
On Saturday, I ran the dual-link steering with 2mm spacers under the cross bar, and it seemed to work OK. But at the end of the day, I got the hole counter-sunk, so the spacers are off now.

Also, now that I've got the front apart, I'm noticing that my front swaybar is pretty tweaked. When I push up on one side, it lifts the other almost the same height. If I push the other side up, it barely lifts the first side. I had previously noticed the same thing in the rear, but I've ripped off the left rear a couple times, so it wasn't surprising. The front has never been wrecked like that, though. Is swaybar tweak pretty common?

-Mike
Originally Posted by JoelV
1mm between blocks in the front and 2mm between blocks in the back. The hole on the bulkhead is 1mm higher on the bulkhead in the rear.
what he said about the block spacers, and by front and rear he means the front of the car and rear of the car, not front and rear of the hinge pin. and the bulk head spacers are your choice, if you 2.5 with the plastic then use 2.5 with the alum. I don't usually run sway bars for that very reason,
Old 07-27-2010, 04:55 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by mihy
does the rear belt of the mi4 fit the mi2?

Mi4 rear belt part # is U2721 and it says on the header card... rear belt, black narrow - Mi2.

so I'm gonna say yes,

just a fyi the front Mi4 belt part # 3011 header card says.... Front belt 171T x 3.6mm - Mi-2 EC

hope that helps
Old 07-27-2010, 09:59 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

i know its kinda obvious but i was hopen sum one had done the belt swap and if there were any issues, anywho i will order 1
Old 07-28-2010, 12:31 PM
Tech Master

Default mi4lp

I used to run a schuey back in the SST days and i loved it.

I recently got a new Mi4lp.

Who's running these and why isn't everyone saying these cars are great?
Old 07-28-2010, 12:33 PM
Tech Elite

I'm not talking about it so much because I do not have any problems to resolve. It was easy to setup, easy enough to work on, and puts a smile on my face every time I pull it out of my pit bag.

Is that a good enough answer?
Old 07-28-2010, 12:35 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Sterling Racer
I used to run a schuey back in the SST days and i loved it.

I recently got a new Mi4lp.

Who's running these and why isn't everyone saying these cars are great?
Nobody is saying they are bad, but a majority of the drivers that ran Schumachers in america 6 months ago don't run them anymore due to the USA distributor closing down.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.