Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Associated TC5

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2007, 02:26 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by kn7671
I hear lots of talk about 64-pitch gears, but let me state a fact some won't be thinking of. Unless you are a very good driver (were talking consistent lap times within 1-second of each other).
Personally I don't think lap times with a difference of 1 second between them is far from consistent... During Dutch nationals top 15 most of the time is between 10 seconds from each other, which means that even one lap of a second slower means you'll lose 2/3 positions...
Old 08-22-2007, 07:11 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by The Teacher
STLNLST, I don't know if this could cause the problem with the spur gear stripping out but it's worth a look. Has your layshaft pulleys/spur gear mount developed any slop. It's hard to explain but has the slots where the pin slides through the layshaft and locks the pulley/spur gear mount in place worn out? On my car the plastic pulley has developed slop to where the spur can now rotate back and forth on the layshaft (...when the layshaft is being held). Just something to look at...

Fellas,

What I did to minimize the slope created by the layshaft pins was this: After the slope occured, I rebuilt the hole layshaft assembly with JB weld. This locked everything in of coures, and I have had no problems or slope since..with excellent acceleration. Just a small fix...that works great.

Good Luck.
Old 08-22-2007, 09:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

My spool is on the way... So I guess they are here, unless I'm missing something... Anyone else have one on the way, as in shipped. I will find out tomorrow when the package gets to the office....

Also, question, any way to check for a tweak with out a tweak station? If so can share with me how to do this...???
Old 08-22-2007, 09:16 PM
JCB
Tech Addict

where did you order from??
Old 08-22-2007, 09:27 PM
Tech Elite

Ok.. I think have the TC5 ONE WAY/SPOOL PULLEY (31175) is on the way. But now that Tower has a picture I think I need to also order the following:
Spool Kit TC5 (31179).

Can someone confirm what I need to puchase for the spool...
Old 08-22-2007, 11:10 PM
Tech Apprentice

ok i just assembled my titanium racing spool kit with the associated tc5 oneway/spool pulley. works great

one thing btw, i was looking at the oneway/spool pulley and the regular diff pulley. they look practically the same. but they have different part numbers. hmm...
Old 08-23-2007, 07:47 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by pekpekmaster
ok i just assembled my titanium racing spool kit with the associated tc5 oneway/spool pulley. works great

one thing btw, i was looking at the oneway/spool pulley and the regular diff pulley. they look practically the same. but they have different part numbers. hmm...
Do you have a contact and part number to order that Ti spool for the TC5, since they do not show that car on the site at this point..?? Thanks....
Old 08-23-2007, 08:22 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by bvoltz
Do you have a contact and part number to order that Ti spool for the TC5, since they do not show that car on the site at this point..?? Thanks....
go to titaniumracing.com contact details are there

ask for darren if your going to ring.

remember the time difference
Old 08-23-2007, 08:36 AM
Tech Apprentice

yes darren is the person you need to get ahold of. i just paid via paypal. shipping to the US was pretty fast
Old 08-23-2007, 01:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bvoltz
Also, question, any way to check for a tweak with out a tweak station? If so can share with me how to do this...???
There are ways you can do this. Little more involved and knowledge savy but works as well. Some people will not even use a tweak station while some swear by it. Start by making sure the chassis is flat and isn't tweaked by the servo mounts or by a hard crash. Do this by using some droop blocks under the front and rear of the chassis to make sure it doesn't rock back and forth and sits firmly flat on the blocks. If it's not flat, loosen all the screws in the top deck and massage the car left and right then tighten the top deck back down and should flatten out.

Set your droop even for left and right and make sure your shocks are the same length (very important.) Also make sure each shock on the rear and front have the same amount of rebound and speed of rebound on the left and right side.

Then set your ride height for front and rear. After all that, hang half the car off a flat pit board and rock the car forward until the tires hit the pit board. Adjust the preload collar on the side of the suspension that moves first as the tires just barely touch the board until both L and R side begins to compress at same time(shouldn't take much at all if all the above are done correctly. Repeat for rear of car. This make sense? Easier to understand when you see it done. Just make sure you don't have too much droop to where there is a gap between the spring and the collar.

Last edited by Brandon Melton; 08-23-2007 at 01:54 PM. Reason: add info left out
Old 08-23-2007, 04:02 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Brandon Melton
There are ways you can do this. Little more involved and knowledge savy but works as well. Some people will not even use a tweak station while some swear by it. Start by making sure the chassis is flat and isn't tweaked by the servo mounts or by a hard crash. Do this by using some droop blocks under the front and rear of the chassis to make sure it doesn't rock back and forth and sits firmly flat on the blocks. If it's not flat, loosen all the screws in the top deck and massage the car left and right then tighten the top deck back down and should flatten out.

Set your droop even for left and right and make sure your shocks are the same length (very important.) Also make sure each shock on the rear and front have the same amount of rebound and speed of rebound on the left and right side.

Then set your ride height for front and rear. After all that, hang half the car off a flat pit board and rock the car forward until the tires hit the pit board. Adjust the preload collar on the side of the suspension that moves first as the tires just barely touch the board until both L and R side begins to compress at same time(shouldn't take much at all if all the above are done correctly. Repeat for rear of car. This make sense? Easier to understand when you see it done. Just make sure you don't have too much droop to where there is a gap between the spring and the collar.
I think I get it... Many thanks for the info...
Old 08-24-2007, 06:12 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I have the Yokomo Spool, apparantly there is a way of using this with the TC5, I will be getting the AE spool when its available but rather than do the diff mod, I have heard people using this spool and was wondering how they do it. I went to put it in but it appears to be offest to far to one side.

Cheers
Aaron
Old 08-24-2007, 06:25 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

Originally Posted by zacabrandy
I have the Yokomo Spool, apparantly there is a way of using this with the TC5, I will be getting the AE spool when its available but rather than do the diff mod, I have heard people using this spool and was wondering how they do it. I went to put it in but it appears to be offest to far to one side.

Cheers
Aaron
Have you tried flipping it over?
Old 08-24-2007, 07:47 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by zacabrandy

Cheers
Aaron
Hi the yokomo bd spool will fit perfect, but u need 2 buy a yokomo diff shimming kit as u need about 4-5mm of shiming on the left of the spool 2 move it 2 the right ' looking @ the car from the front'!! u will also need the AE tc4 oneway outdrives, all i did was use std and dremel the end of the driveshafts down so thay fit the cups ' thats just a quick fix u can use'

ste e.
Old 08-24-2007, 12:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

so i could use some help from some on-road regulars. i just got my tc5 together last night and my questions are

1) what should you set the belt tension to for stock and 19t rubber tire racing?
-i built it with i beleive 5 in the front and 2 in the rear i think

2) what do you gear a stock and 19t with the 87t spur? or any other suggested gearings?? also wut about the brushless 13.5s and 10.5s?

any suggestions would be much appreciated. ive been running 1/8th offroad for the last two years and cant remember a thing about the details of onroad racing

leon mcintosh

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.