Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree300Likes

Team Associated TC4

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2005, 06:03 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I got my ceramics from RC4Less and they are holding up well. I have only had one go out on me. The good thing is that they also sell them in pairs if you needed to replace some
Old 08-29-2005, 06:41 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Jean Alesi
a big improvment over the team kit, car is more responsive
the responsiveness could be attributed to the stiffer chassis.
Old 08-29-2005, 08:15 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

All this talk about ceramic bearings....I just happen to know someone selling a set....

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=81642
Old 08-29-2005, 08:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SMcpot
Hmmm.....FT TC4 or Yok BD for only 50 bucks more

Seriously, I'd love to give Associated my business, but for over $300 this car shouldn't have way more slop than my old TC3, like my graphite TC4 does. Now even with shoddy parts quality, the car's fast and handles decently but come on....

Mr. Phalen or anybody representing Associated....please tell me these problems have been fixed!
The initial parts on the Team TC4 did have a fair amount of slop. The new car has alot less slop. I just built mine (last week) that was a boxed and ready-to-ship kit...very little slop. After 2 race nights, still very little slop.
Old 08-29-2005, 08:48 AM
Tech Champion

Hey Tony, have you weighed your new car as compared to your tub chassis? Im just curious because I know I have a different chassis but I thought they would be really close. I am way over weight now. I added the front and rear alum. blocks, the aluminum cups for the drive shaft, 2 fans and a power cap. Besides the fans and the power cap I don't know what else I could remove. I think I was at 55.8 yesderday with rubber tires and a personal transponder. Guess it might be time to lose the fans?
Old 08-29-2005, 03:02 PM
Tech Master

Thumbs up

Thanks for the reply, Tony.... at the very least, I guess I'll be picking up the conversion kit for my current TC4 and just shimming it up until I break or wear out the sloppy parts
Old 08-29-2005, 03:44 PM
Tech Adept

Time to Lose the fanz, I did. that extra2grams makes a huge difference in the car.
Old 08-29-2005, 04:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by TPhalen
The initial parts on the Team TC4 did have a fair amount of slop. The new car has alot less slop. I just built mine (last week) that was a boxed and ready-to-ship kit...very little slop. After 2 race nights, still very little slop.

Tony,

Any information on the cost and availability of the conversion kit for the TC4. I've got a bid race in about 3 weeks and I'd like to have one for that race.

Thanks

Eric
Old 08-29-2005, 05:40 PM
Tech Regular

I want to get cf shock towers for the tc4 and i dont know which to get... can someone help me out?
Old 08-29-2005, 11:23 PM
Tech Master

One more TC4 driver here awaiting the FT-TC4 conversion.
Old 08-30-2005, 06:39 AM
Tech Adept

Purchasing the car isnt a bad idea. It will probably be a while before the update kit is released. Besides, who couldnt stand to have a spare set of shocks, and pre-built diffs on hand? If anything, its a cheaper way to get spares. Buying the kit is cheaper than buying each part off the wall at retail. Im not too keen on the blue turnbuckles and screws, but thats what Ebay is for. As far as slop goes, a little time and some shims, and the slop is gone. The real disappointment with the TC4 was the tub chassis. Not only did it have FLEX-X2, but its odd shape led to a car that didnt handle consistent. If any of you guys come from an oval/12th scale background, then you know that there are different shapes and cuts that are used in T-plates to make them handle differently, even with the same thickness of the same material. Since the chassis of any car is an important part of the cars setup, then its shape and consistency is crucial. The right side of the TC4 tub flexed WAY more than the left side, and transferred weight (lateral twist) inconsistent with the left side. The FTTC4 has none of these apparent annoyances, and it is certainly more adjustable (in smaller/refined steps) than the ever popular X cars. As long as it is as stiff if not a little stiffer than the TC3 graphite tub, the car will be a winner in the right hands.

- DaveW
Old 08-30-2005, 08:18 AM
Tech Elite

Sorry guys...no info on pricing or availability of the conversion kit. We have alot of orders for the kit we have to fill first.

As far as the fans, most of us have just ditched the scoop and kept the fans. It's not really that much weight.

Speaking of weight...I haven't checked the weight of the two vehicles yet. I took the motor and servo from my tub car for the new FT car....so, I guess I need to scrounge up another servo to check. I'll try to do it sometime this week.
Old 08-30-2005, 08:25 AM
Tech Champion

Tony Im with ya on ditching the scoop. I actually have two 25mm Novak fans shoe goo'd in place. Im assuming they are the same size as the AE fans. I already had them and they worked well so there was no need to get any more. Im actually almost ready to ditch the servo I have and get one of the smaller futaba's (I think they are airplane servos). I already ditched my battery hold down. The only things left are the fans and the power cap.
Old 08-30-2005, 08:27 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by xDeeDubYax
The right side of the TC4 tub flexed WAY more than the left side, and transferred weight (lateral twist) inconsistent with the left side.
As a single piece, it may or may not have more flex. That doesn't matter. What matters is the entire assembly....and AS an entire assembly, the right side does NOT have more flex than the left.
Old 08-30-2005, 08:32 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Bob Barry
Tony Im with ya on ditching the scoop. I actually have two 25mm Novak fans shoe goo'd in place. Im assuming they are the same size as the AE fans. I already had them and they worked well so there was no need to get any more. Im actually almost ready to ditch the servo I have and get one of the smaller futaba's (I think they are airplane servos). I already ditched my battery hold down. The only things left are the fans and the power cap.
Airtronics makes a servo....I think it's the 94141, or something like that. Small, fast servo.

We will be offering a battery strap option, also. So, well, tape or battery strap.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.