Like Tree9Likes

T.O.P. Racing "Photon" 1/10 EP Touring Car

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2010, 03:47 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Re: To purchase TOP pit towel and bag

Hey guys,

Does anyone know where you can purchase the top products online such as the pit towel and also the carrying bag??

Thanks,

Derek Siciliano
Old 01-16-2010, 06:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Derek_Siciliano
Hey guys,

Does anyone know where you can purchase the top products online such as the pit towel and also the carrying bag??

Thanks,

Derek Siciliano
Email Mike at [email protected].
Old 01-18-2010, 04:47 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

(shameless product plug)

I used to use Parma servo tape for my electronics. Because of my OCD, I couldn't stand mounting everything perfectly straight and then watching it shift over time. I started to shoe goo everything down. (problem solved) I picked up some servo tape from T.O.P and gave it a shot. VERY sticky and thin. Mounted everything up and it stays right where I put it. Good stuff.
Old 01-18-2010, 05:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by stiltskin
(shameless product plug)

I used to use Parma servo tape for my electronics. Because of my OCD, I couldn't stand mounting everything perfectly straight and then watching it shift over time. I started to shoe goo everything down. (problem solved) I picked up some servo tape from T.O.P and gave it a shot. VERY sticky and thin. Mounted everything up and it stays right where I put it. Good stuff.
have u try use the TOP servo tape for servo without the servo mount ???how is they holding ?? good ??
Old 01-18-2010, 05:47 AM
Tech Master

I have now the Roche spool in my car.
Wanted to wait till my old spool was broken but the spool looked so good and I mounted in the car.
Here are some Photo's of the spool in my car.

The yokomo ring has a higher side as the TOP spool has. No I don't have to worry that my drive belt stays better on after a big hit.
I loosened my drive belt again.
Old 01-18-2010, 07:00 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by kschu
have u try use the TOP servo tape for servo without the servo mount ???how is they holding ?? good ??
I'm using two of the motor mount braces for servo mounts. I've never tried to use servo tape for a servo. Seems funny. I'll give it a shot this week and let you know how it worked.
Old 01-18-2010, 07:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I'm using two of the motor mount braces for servo mounts. I've never tried to use servo tape for a servo. Seems funny. I'll give it a shot this week and let you know how it worked.
if u use only the servo tape, u can make your motor side lighter few gram and you can move your servo alittle into the middle...maybe around 2-3mm...which will convert alittle weight to the middle...then left n right balance will be better....

my 2cent opinion....
Old 01-18-2010, 07:24 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by kschu
if u use only the servo tape, u can make your motor side lighter few gram and you can move your servo alittle into the middle...maybe around 2-3mm...which will convert alittle weight to the middle...then left n right balance will be better....

my 2cent opinion....
I've only got about 2mm between my servo saver and top deck. If I moved it any closer, the servo link would bind on the servo case. If I needed to move the servo weight around, I would move it out and forward on the chassis.
Old 01-18-2010, 08:49 AM
Tech Rookie

Hi!
here a video my weekend race
my car leaves from the first start grid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8d-XYtAIbo
Old 01-18-2010, 01:48 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default Servo not center after turning right

Hi All,

I have ran into an issue on the Photon where the steering is not centered after turning to the right. The servo returns slightly to the right but not centered; however, turning to the left, the servo will return to the centered position.

I am using Airtornics FHSS-3 receiver with Futaba 9451 servo. I have tried a different servo and the problem is still there. Any suggestion?

Thanks.
Old 01-18-2010, 01:55 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mikky32
I have now the Roche spool in my car.
Wanted to wait till my old spool was broken but the spool looked so good and I mounted in the car.
Here are some Photo's of the spool in my car.

The yokomo ring has a higher side as the TOP spool has. No I don't have to worry that my drive belt stays better on after a big hit.
I loosened my drive belt again.
used New AMB sensor !
can support RC3 system ?
Old 01-18-2010, 02:17 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by RC MARKET
used New AMB sensor !
can support RC3 system ?
Yes it's the new AMB sensor. I used it this weekend and it works on the RC3 system.
The RC4 is an update for the new AMB system.

I didn't had any problems with it.
Old 01-18-2010, 02:20 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by cvccsi
Hi All,

I have ran into an issue on the Photon where the steering is not centered after turning to the right. The servo returns slightly to the right but not centered; however, turning to the left, the servo will return to the centered position.

I am using Airtornics FHSS-3 receiver with Futaba 9451 servo. I have tried a different servo and the problem is still there. Any suggestion?

Thanks.
Disconnect the servo and make sure that you have full steering throw and return with all the mechanical linkage and there is no binding. If all is good, hook the servo back up without power. Turn the wheels (slowly) to full lock in each direction and make sure that the servo will give you full throw. If not, disconnect your servo horn, center the servo and try again. Make sure that the servo linkage is not binding on the servo case. If it still doesn't work, let me know what it's doing.
Old 01-18-2010, 02:50 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by cvccsi
Hi All,

Thanks.
Sounds like a sloppy servo saver or a bad fit between the servo horn and servo spline.
Old 01-18-2010, 03:12 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Disconnect the servo and make sure that you have full steering throw and return with all the mechanical linkage and there is no binding. If all is good, hook the servo back up without power. Turn the wheels (slowly) to full lock in each direction and make sure that the servo will give you full throw. If not, disconnect your servo horn, center the servo and try again. Make sure that the servo linkage is not binding on the servo case. If it still doesn't work, let me know what it's doing.
Thank you for the suggestion.

The servo gives me a full throw in both direction. Check everything and nothing seems to bind.

After turning the wheel to the right, the servo will stop short to the center, maybe about 1mm. Turning to the left, there is no problem for servo to return to the center dead on.

Thanks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.