Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree16Likes

Tamiya F104 Pro!

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2011, 03:59 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by BP SHADOW
Heres my latest creation , it has been a good day as I won best of show at the TCS Finals
Simply an amazing paint work
Old 08-28-2011, 04:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RobS
So I just got my new F104X1 together today. Anybody have a good carpet setup for Tamiya rubber tires?
hello

i wouldnt bother with rubber on carpet use foams unless you have to use the rubber tyres
Old 08-28-2011, 04:11 AM
Tech Elite

BP amazing ! the deatil it looks so dam real
Old 08-28-2011, 05:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by clayrace24
So Brad, How did the racing go today? I'm gonna stop by tomorrow for the stickers.

That Renault is about the best looking RC car I've ever seen. Awesome!

Clay
Racing was good, I think i am sitting inside the top 10, but won't know until we get back to the track this morning.
I'm sitting at the stone table closest to the ramp for the drivers stand, I look forward to seeing you at the track
Old 08-28-2011, 07:17 AM
Tech Fanatic

Yesterday i bought a F104X1 chassis, but i have a question about the side damper.
What grease do i use for a low grip (asphalt) and a high grip (carpet) track?
Old 08-28-2011, 10:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Hey guys my winter season is here and i know theres tons of set up info here what im curious about is i went with the split upper deck for pavement but should i switch back to the full upper deck piece for carpet to tighten her up a bit since traction isnt much of an issue on carpet.
Old 08-28-2011, 01:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

So anyone use the Ride front wheels and tires???
Old 08-29-2011, 04:50 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by theatriks
Hey guys my winter season is here and i know theres tons of set up info here what im curious about is i went with the split upper deck for pavement but should i switch back to the full upper deck piece for carpet to tighten her up a bit since traction isnt much of an issue on carpet.
i have left my split top deck on when racing on carpet get more steering, the rear end i change the T bar and tighten it up less flex with foams still heaps of traction
Old 08-29-2011, 07:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

[QUOTE=mattwoodcraft;9587634]i have left my split top deck on when racing on carpet get more steering, the rear end i change the T bar and tighten it up less flex with foams still heaps of traction[/QUO

What tbar did u go with ....the soft tbar or high traction tbar..
Old 08-29-2011, 08:11 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by k_bojar
i'm sure there will be a point where too much weight will screw with the performance of the car, but you aren't going to be near that point yet. the weight you're adding, to this point, is doing nothing but adding rear traction so-to-speak...

If you look at Robk's site - http://rcf1blog.blogspot.com/ - you can see one of his 104 setup wihere he's using rubber tires AND a buch of weight in addition to the heavy pivot plate and steel axel..

alot of RC cars function better the heavier they get - VTA's are an example of that - and F1's aren't any different...mine, with the heavy pivot post and TRG axel, is significantly heavier then the stock 104, but IMO handles uber better since the rear is planted way better
Austin Brumbly (sp??) just wont the TCS Nationals with an immense amount of weight on his car, and it was dialed. Not sure how much, but one of the tech guys said they thought 6+ oz.!!
Old 08-29-2011, 08:16 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Congrats to the all the winners of the 17th TCS North American Finals, and a BIG congrats to Austin Brumblay, Anthony Fung, and Rob King. These are the top three F1 drivers of the 2011. Way to go guys!!!!
Old 08-29-2011, 09:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Please post pics or additional information about Austin's lead sled...particularly where he placed them He had some interesting stuff going on for sure and his car was absolutely railed!
Old 08-29-2011, 09:23 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Vicko
I'm trying on the Ride wheels and the fronts hit the spring and king pin.
and if you shim the king pin to get the wheels to fit it raises the ride high way too high.. anyone have a fix for this?
The Ride rims do seem to be too small on the inside diameter. I have shaved the inside of the wheel and also shortened the steering king pin by .5mm on the top end and added 1mm spacer just below the top E-clip to force the pin from rubbing at the bottom.

Originally Posted by BP SHADOW
Heres my latest creation , it has been a good day as I won best of show at the TCS Finals
S i m p l y amazing my man! When I get the new Exotek site launched I'm going to start adding your bodies to the news feed

Originally Posted by addicted2blue
Yesterday i bought a F104X1 chassis, but i have a question about the side damper.
What grease do i use for a low grip (asphalt) and a high grip (carpet) track?
For the Exotek side damper going lighter oil (or even removing the side damper works on low grip tracks. Heavier oil works on higher grip (still not too heavy tho). Light oil seems to work best overall though with rubber tires.

Originally Posted by robk
Austin Brumbly (sp??) just wont the TCS Nationals with an immense amount of weight on his car, and it was dialed. Not sure how much, but one of the tech guys said they thought 6+ oz.!!
Sounds like perfect results since the track surface is fairly smooth and the brushed motors arent fast enough to cause too much wheel hop. I find on really bumpy tracks too much weight added to the rear pod will really upset the car and induce a lot of hopping and washing out of the car especially if the speeds are high. Definitely a balancing act to get the right amount of weight depending on track and speeds.
I have even added weight to the TOP of the wing to generate pod roll on some tracks Any way, congrats Rob. Looks like you made great strides this year at TCS! 8 ounces of lead next year?
Old 08-29-2011, 11:04 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Vyger
Congrats to the all the winners of the 17th TCS North American Finals, and a BIG congrats to Austin Brumblay, Anthony Fung, and Rob King. These are the top three F1 drivers of the 2011. Way to go guys!!!!
Yeh, Congrats again dudes!
Fast cars and great drives!

Originally Posted by rtypec
Please post pics or additional information about Austin's lead sled...particularly where he placed them He had some interesting stuff going on for sure and his car was absolutely railed!
Talked to Austin cuz I had a car this year that was hatin it for racin but was perfect in both morning warmups? Never had this car get "skiddish" before. Ever. Was almost undriveable it hopped around so much, just like it can be on brand new skins front and rear. Heat never affected my setup so drastically in the past.
Anyway, he added weight to the "wings" under the electonics and along the sides there creating an F103 battery placement simulation.
I did the same thing for the A mains and the car was finally good, stayed planted but I had no speed and not due to the weight, probably more due to the borrowed seasoned battery pack.
I also heard he was at + 6oz.
I only found room for 5oz.
Exact placement on his car I'm usure of, might have had other weight scattered around too.
The rest of his setup will have to come from him, hope to see pics and specs too.

Oh yeh, he had the "old" car.
Old 08-29-2011, 01:54 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by F N CUDA
Yeh, Congrats again dudes!
Fast cars and great drives!

Talked to Austin cuz I had a car this year that was hatin it for racin but was perfect in both morning warmups? Never had this car get "skiddish" before. Ever. Was almost undriveable it hopped around so much, just like it can be on brand new skins front and rear. Heat never affected my setup so drastically in the past.
Anyway, he added weight to the "wings" under the electonics and along the sides there creating an F103 battery placement simulation.
I did the same thing for the A mains and the car was finally good, stayed planted but I had no speed and not due to the weight, probably more due to the borrowed seasoned battery pack.
I also heard he was at + 6oz.
I only found room for 5oz.
Exact placement on his car I'm usure of, might have had other weight scattered around too.
The rest of his setup will have to come from him, hope to see pics and specs too.

Oh yeh, he had the "old" car.
exactly what I did like 100 pages ago It really helps , glad he won with it!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.