Search
Like Tree20Likes

Team Associated TC6 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2011, 09:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default my tc6 build....

I was the first kit to own in australia as for some reason we were the first in the world to get kits..... anyways I had NO troubles at all with the kit at all...... everything fit together perfectly until I starting being really picky.

One cvd I wasnt happy with as it was a little tight in a part of rotation so I put a new one in.... I am so picky when it comes to the bearings I make sure the car can roll a certain distance off a ramp that I set up and if it doesnt consistently make the marks well find the tight spots I know the bearings you get in the kit and any steel ball bearings are not the greatest but I worked thru them and changed about 6 of them that wasnt up to scratch in my book.

One other thing is I added ballstud spacers (3mm) behind the shock bushings on the front to push the top the to shock forward to give it a better and smoother action....

As for screws and things being tapped right with threads and all the parts were perfect....

Oops I remember now the only other thing that was wrong with the kit was they forgot to put thrust washers in for both diffs... They some how stuffed up and put ball diff plates for a b4 or t4 offroad diff.... so that was kinda funny but I didnt care...

I owned the tc5r and I tell ya what its worth all the pain stuff to get the 6 to run perfect as it is hands down a far better car.. period.

Last edited by jjfo80; 04-11-2011 at 09:27 PM.
Old 04-12-2011, 03:16 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

yep with shims is good idea, i will do that as well, shocks are bit tight there...
Old 04-12-2011, 02:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by olhipster1
TC6 quality

First, The car handles great and has an uber amount of traction.
Definitely will use the car but for the novice building this kit could be a pain.

this is the third TC6 I've built since the release, love the blue
each has had a few minor flaws.

car #1
-one screw in bulk head tapped incorrectly. (believe this problem is fixed from production)
+ diff locknut very weak (replace w B4 version)

car #2
-motor mount screw alignment inaccurate. (still existing issue) but very easily fixed...does not cause issue with tweak...bought a new motor mount brace.
-CVD issue with pin alignment-PITA - replaced with a new one

car #3-
-almost all screws were manufactured incorrectly, cannot use any of my wrenches they just won't go in.

Is anyone at Associated even concerned with these issues. this makes for a disappointing build process.

I noticed the latest batch has a manual check list for parts from the factory but i don't think the major prob was parts in the box. It's the quality of parts in the box.

side note: anyone notice the Hard Chubs are so brittle if you breath on them they break. I broke both sides at the same time....that was a first.
I got one of the 1st cars to hit the US. I had no issues at all. Little defects are to be expected on a new car, just contact associated and they will make it right.

Mike
Old 04-12-2011, 02:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by olhipster1
TC6 quality

First, The car handles great and has an uber amount of traction.
Definitely will use the car but for the novice building this kit could be a pain.

this is the third TC6 I've built since the release, love the blue
each has had a few minor flaws.

car #1
-one screw in bulk head tapped incorrectly. (believe this problem is fixed from production)

car #2
-motor mount screw alignment inaccurate. (still existing issue) but very easily fixed...does not cause issue with tweak...bought a new motor mount brace.

car #3-
-almost all screws were manufactured incorrectly, cannot use any of my wrenches they just won't go in.

Is anyone at Associated even concerned with these issues. this makes for a disappointing build process.

I noticed the latest batch has a manual check list for parts from the factory but i don't think the major prob was parts in the box. It's the quality of parts in the box.

side note: anyone notice the Hard Chubs are so brittle if you breath on them they break. I broke both sides at the same time....that was a first.
Old 04-12-2011, 08:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Timbulb

I was going to laugh to but you know what I am a kind guy haha... chub chub
Old 04-13-2011, 12:25 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

What shock tower is juho using for support in the back for the body?
Attached Thumbnails Team Associated TC6 Thread-sun-levanentc6-3.jpg   Team Associated TC6 Thread-sun-levanentc6-4.jpg   Team Associated TC6 Thread-sun-levanentc6.jpg  
Old 04-13-2011, 01:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Litemodz CVS EVO for TC6

Yes, I bought them. I know everyone who read the Litemodz thread now maybe thinks I must be a little confused and just two weeks ago I would have said you are right. It just took 5 weeks and three reminder emails until I got the first packet. Now you will ask yourself why the first. Just because they forgot to ship the inner cages of the axles. It then needed another week until I got them.
Today I could finally assemble these special axles. And it was &

I ordered four axles. After assembly two are smooth as oil and two are bending when simulating steering. I couldn't solve the problem, so I use them for the rear. The assembly itself went fine without any problems. Everything fits without play.
The next problem occurred when I tried to put on the blades. The bonepins are 1.99mm in diameter. So the blades get on, but bind. Second thing the boneend is to thick. The bladeholes have to be widened and the inner blade U has to loose some material, too. Very frustrating for a product of this price and supposed for a TC6...

The next shock came when I installed it at front. It fits good, but I could not steer, because the end of the axle towards the C-hub stands out to far and has a greater radius than the originals. At this time I really wanted to throw everything in the corner and send this garbage back to the rainy place it came from! I could calm myself and analysed the problem. The C-hub need to get a 2mm radius around the oval opening edge in the middle and then the axle can move free. After that the rest of the installation went fine.

The first dry test was satisfying. No chatter at all even with full steering angle. Unfortunately the last indoor race of the season is history already and I don't know if it makes sense or will be faster on asphalt...

In conclusion Chris from Litemodz was very kind and seems to be interested in customer satisfaction. On the other hand when telling me he will send the order out the same week it was in fact two weeks later (the Royal mail just took three days to deliver). So I got the impression that the parts weren't available until I got them. All these things leave a mixed impression. Time and racing will tell if I turn out to a regular customer.

OK, thats all I have to say now. I think you guy deserve some pictures for reading:

Old 04-13-2011, 04:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Old 04-13-2011, 07:25 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I want a gear diff made by associated. Period.
Old 04-13-2011, 11:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by GCT69
they wont make one cause they dont believe in them that they are better.... so until they do well ball diff's are still the best
Old 04-13-2011, 11:04 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by WEEZY
What shock tower is juho using for support in the back for the body?
That looks like a cut TC6 shock tower, if you look at the shape of it.
Old 04-14-2011, 08:00 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by GCT69
In development.

Originally Posted by CristianTabush
That looks like a cut TC6 shock tower, if you look at the shape of it.
This part is actually designed as a rear bumper and is not a modified tower. It should be released for sale at some point.
Old 04-14-2011, 10:38 AM
Tech Adept

Hey Guy's,

Im New to the TC-6, what LCD drive's up front would you recommend for asphalt? The Xray 50mm one's or what would you use.

And does anyone have a 17.5 boosted med bite asphalt setup?
Old 04-14-2011, 11:10 AM
Tech Fanatic

I have sent email to Team Associated with faulty parts but didn't get any reply yet, hope i will get it soon.
Old 04-14-2011, 11:29 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart
In development.

This part is actually designed as a rear bumper and is not a modified tower. It should be released for sale at some point.
Thanks for keeping us up to date with developments for this car.

I think Associated hit a home run with the TC6.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.