Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree4Likes

NEW HOBBYWING STOCK SUPERCHARGED SOFTWARE

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2010, 01:40 PM
Tech Adept

I have readed the pdf file and understand now how the timing works.
(is this the same with a Speedpassion?)
I find only 1 thing strange. There is mentioned that a lower start RPM with a low timing punch will give you more accelaration speed.
My own findings are that you increase the motor head and that you arn't having more accelaration speed.

I drove yesterday a race and the SP driver used my speedo because he had not enough power to keep up with the other speedo's.
He used one of my speedo's and he was a lot faster.
Now I understand wy he had to gear heavier to keep up with the others on the straight. This also made that he lost a lot of infield rip.
A low start RPM with a heavy gearing makes that the motor gets hot verry fast and doesn't has that much torck.
I will try some other settings on the speedo as I see him again.
this setup I will try.
#11-8
#12-6
#13-4
#14-1
#15-1

this way the motor stays cooler by a heavier gearing.
Also do you get more torck with the motor.

Some settings look like the same as the Tekin. The difference is, is the amound of timing and that you have more options for the Turbo ramp Turbo delay and RPM settings.
I have with my Teking 3,3degrees of timing each 200rpm.
But with a heavier gearing will this be about the same.
Old 12-13-2010, 01:45 PM
Tech Adept

Old 12-13-2010, 01:57 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by daleburr
The only reason other ESCs would ask for the number of cells is to calculate the LiPo cutoff voltage.

I think the Hobbywing automatically figures out the number of cells from the input voltage, so the parameter is not necessary.
Hmm. The problem is it doesn't beep when it arms to tell me how many cells. My 150a xerun does this even when I manual set the number of cells. The program box doesn't show any options for number of cells, only voltage per cell cutoff.
Old 12-13-2010, 02:05 PM
M7H
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Stregone
Hmm. The problem is it doesn't beep when it arms to tell me how many cells. My 150a xerun does this even when I manual set the number of cells. The program box doesn't show any options for number of cells, only voltage per cell cutoff.

You can choose some standard voltage cut-off settings of 2.6V, 2.8V, 3.0V, 3.2V, 3.4V , or the "custom" setting which you can set the at any voltage between 3.5V and 18.7V (with increments of 0.1V)
Old 12-13-2010, 02:08 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by M7H

You can set the cut-off at any voltage between 3.5V and 18.7V (with increments of 0.1V)
The cutoff is set PER CELL but there is no setting for # OF CELLS. There is also no arming beeps to tell you what the esc thinks the cell count is.
Old 12-13-2010, 02:18 PM
M7H
Tech Elite

The cutoff is set PER CELL but there is no setting for # OF CELLS. There is also no arming beeps to tell you what the esc thinks the cell count is.

Are you sure?
Not on my 120a.
You have to set it to what you want.
So, 2 cells, 3.2V per cell, use the custom setting and set it on 2 x 3.2=6.4V.....

Or do a simple test, a 2S lipo fully charged is 8.4V, set the cut-off at 8V drive your car and see what happens....
Old 12-13-2010, 02:28 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by M7H
Are you sure?
Not on my 120a.
You have to set it to what you want.
So, 2 cells, 3.2V per cell, use the custom setting and set it on 2 x 3.2=6.4V.....

Or do a simple test, a 2S lipo fully charged is 8.4V, set the cut-off at 8V drive your car and see what happens....
I just double checked. It is set on "3.2v/CELL" Under the voltage protection option. Only the custom option is for the whole pack, and you need to use a computer to set that.
Old 12-13-2010, 02:33 PM
M7H
Tech Elite

I just double checked. It is set on "3.2v/CELL" Under the voltage protection option. Only the custom option is for the whole pack, and you need to use a computer to set that.
I have the 2 in 1 programming box, and I can set it with that.
Old 12-13-2010, 02:57 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by millbank
please could someone suggest a good motor as i keep killing lrp x 12's because of the amount of timing the motors have even when you put the -10 degree plug in. running 17.5 and 13.5 stock. tried the factory settings on the speedo and the motor came off at 170 degrees c.
Now that's 1 dead motor
No problems with the SP V3 for me... it is one of the few motors on the market now that doesn't have an artificially advanced timing setting to make it "faster".
Old 12-13-2010, 03:02 PM
Tech Elite

If your talking about the 120 amp 1S well yes you cannot adjust the cell count .Because the 1S cannot run a 3 cell pack like the 2.1 120 amp standard none 1S capable .The reason why hobbywing made it automatic cell count is to make the 1S idiot proof so customers dont burn them out running a 3cell .I hope you guys dont take offence to the wording (idiot proof) but yes thats why hobbywing made it Auto.

thanks for listening

regards Angelo
Old 12-13-2010, 03:05 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by COBRARACING
If your talking about the 120 amp 1S well yes you cannot adjust the cell count .Because the 1S cannot run a 3 cell pack like the 2.1 120 amp standard none 1S capable .The reason why hobbywing made it automatic cell count is to make the 1S idiot proof so customers dont burn them out running a 3cell .I hope you guys dont take offence to the wording (idiot proof) but yes thats why hobbywing made it Auto.

thanks for listening

regards Angelo
Nope, its the regular 120a xerun. It should beep when it arms to show how many cells are detected right?
Old 12-13-2010, 03:15 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by sosidge
No problems with the SP V3 for me... it is one of the few motors on the market now that doesn't have an artificially advanced timing setting to make it "faster".
I helped a buddy with a SP V3 out the other day and we opted to set the timing to the zero mark to start with.
Do you know for a fact that on the SP V3 zero is actual zero?
It's nice to know what your dealing with.
Old 12-13-2010, 03:40 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by snabbgas
I helped a buddy with a SP V3 out the other day and we opted to set the timing to the zero mark to start with.
Do you know for a fact that on the SP V3 zero is actual zero?
It's nice to know what your dealing with.
Ignore the timing marks!

Middle of the slot is "zero" (30deg mechanical). the 10deg mark is +10deg, the 0 mark is -10deg.

Just leave it in the middle if you are using the software timing.
Old 12-13-2010, 03:45 PM
Tech Elite

oops
Old 12-13-2010, 04:04 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by sosidge
Ignore the timing marks!

Middle of the slot is "zero" (30deg mechanical). the 10deg mark is +10deg, the 0 mark is -10deg.

Just leave it in the middle if you are using the software timing.
Thanks!

We want to be able to run 10-15min without overheat so maybe it best to leave it at minimum.
I myself are having great results with my Ballistic and 10deg absoulte endbell but maybe i will try upping it alittle.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.