waiting to hear the response to your
questions
Me too!...
Old 12-10-2010, 08:03 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by M7H
1 more question.

At my track we have a speed trap.
Top speed of my car is 60kmh, with a roll out of 57mm, motor rpm then is aprox. 17500

What settings should I put in the esc.
assume a timing start rpm of 4500.
Should I let the total timing of 29 degrees be there as close as possible under the 17500, or should it be sooner?
With a timing punch of 400 rpm/degree it reaches it's full timing at:
4500 + (29x400) = 16100 rpm

If I go 1 step back, from 400 to 300 rpm/degree, max timing will be reached at 13200rpm.
This will (theoretically) give me more acceleration, or will the timing advance be to much for the engine?
Without having dyno figures from the motor, the only answer is a boring one:

Start on a conservative setting and take the temperature of the motor at the end of the race. If the temp is 10deg or more below the maximum recommended for the motor, you can try going more agressive. Use the stopwatch to decide if it was quicker or not.

As a general rule though you do want your "timing end RPM" to be lower than your maximum RPM, as the motor will continue accelerating after you hit your "timing end RPM". You don't want to waste that extra acceleration, so you should either gear down or have a steeper timing ramp so that the motor tops out just before you hit the end of the straight. On a very short track this may not be possible, but it's generally the aim.
Old 12-10-2010, 09:12 AM
Tech Rookie

Default 1s xerun

may i know if 1s xerun can be use for 1/10 with 7.4 lipo,as i read from the web that fit for 1/12 scale,im abit confused with it,as i wana upgrade my just stock to 1s xerun...
Old 12-10-2010, 09:30 AM
Tech Rookie

Default new to this forum but!!!!!

have any of you guys tried any castle esc's?.. it took me a while to figure out there timing advance,punch control etc. after hanging in there using tech support and trial and error in the field i have come to learn the castle esc and cant see where there can be one to do more or take more or that will give you more than it does. now havingf said that ive never even tried the esc you are speaking of but i am familiar with the dynamic end of the timing boost and all. im no expert and you may know a whole lot more about all of it than me. but i sure like castle a lot i know this and it would take a whole lot more than what i have saw on this subject to even get me to try. not saying that in any kind of a derogative term just stating my own personal feelings here. if there is someone that could tell me where how and why it could possibly be better and do more than the castle. i would be more than interested in entertaining any thoughts of it.
Old 12-10-2010, 10:12 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by M7H
I actually want to come back to this point.
Are you really sure the turbo timing is added to the total timing, and not just kicks in after the delay?
I am really under the impression that if I set the delay to 0 seconds, I have less punch.... which means the turbotiming kicks in immediately.
What is the advantage then of the delay?
If your ESC has not yet reached 21 degrees of timing, the turbo is useless, and if the delay is so long that it kicks in after the ESC reached 21 degrees, it is to late!

I will play with it once more, to be really sure....
Well put M7H!

This is my thoughts exactly too! If turbo is dynamic timing then what's the use of the delay?

Anybody experienced?

I'm leaning more and more towards the benefit of multiple dynamic timing ramps.

I mean "if" turbo is static then in my case only 21 of the 39 degrees of total system timing is dynamic! It "should" with my limited understanding be a benefit to have all the timing dynamic.
Old 12-10-2010, 10:24 AM
Tech Addict

what's the latest firmware for HW XtremeStock 60A?

t-i-a
Old 12-10-2010, 10:47 AM
Tech Apprentice

As far as i know the 518Stock!
Old 12-10-2010, 11:15 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by M7H
I actually want to come back to this point.
Are you really sure the turbo timing is added to the total timing, and not just kicks in after the delay?
I am really under the impression that if I set the delay to 0 seconds, I have less punch.... which means the turbotiming kicks in immediately.
What is the advantage then of the delay?
If your ESC has not yet reached 21 degrees of timing, the turbo is useless, and if the delay is so long that it kicks in after the ESC reached 21 degrees, it is to late!

I will play with it once more, to be really sure....
The delay allows you to use full throttle in the technical part, and only have it kick in on the straight away.

At 0 delay, it should still only add the timing at full throttle. More timing at a lower rpm will remove some of the torque from the motor. but not much.
On my Pro10, I run huge amounts of timing (60ish), and run a lower rollout then most of competitors, when its low grip alittle less torque out of the corners can be a benifit.

Shawn.
Old 12-10-2010, 11:19 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by M7H
1 more question.

At my track we have a speed trap.
Top speed of my car is 60kmh, with a roll out of 57mm, motor rpm then is aprox. 17500

What settings should I put in the esc.
assume a timing start rpm of 4500.
Should I let the total timing of 29 degrees be there as close as possible under the 17500, or should it be sooner?
With a timing punch of 400 rpm/degree it reaches it's full timing at:
4500 + (29x400) = 16100 rpm

If I go 1 step back, from 400 to 300 rpm/degree, max timing will be reached at 13200rpm.
This will (theoretically) give me more acceleration, or will the timing advance be to much for the engine?
it wont be to much, but you will make alittle more heat. Right now I am running an old LRP in my 1/12 with 45deg advance the entire 8 mins with no problem. Just dont have the acceleration on the infield.

Still waiting for my 1S model to get here, (4 weeks so far... Bad time to order an ESC is at Xmas.)

Shawn
Old 12-10-2010, 03:12 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Cobra,

I emailed you a couple days ago regarding the ESC brake files you sent me. No reply yet. Interested in hearing your thoughts.

Thanks
CSR
Old 12-10-2010, 03:32 PM
M7H
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by daleburr
Without having dyno figures from the motor, the only answer is a boring one:

I know, but atleast I tried....
Old 12-11-2010, 12:51 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by irgo
i dont think 68z said is wrong.,.

and actually what happened on Hobbywing and Speed Passion
at SuperCharge is reaching it's maximum Timing allowed,
but SuperCharge have specific task to reach its maximum Timing ( real Maximum Timing ).

i have been telling on Speed Passion Thread either.
but no one believes how Timing works.

The Actual Fixed Timing is on The motor freely to be adjusted physically 0-60Deg,
while Protected to only 15Deg, as the motor is assumed to work with
Software Timing.
add more The Advanced Timing such ex: 0~26Deg
put the Phicical Timing 15+26=41Deg During The Dynamic Advanced Timing
only.
While SuperCharge Do more Timing additionally To Reach it's Maximum Timing.
Phycical Timing+Dynamic Advanced Timing+Supercharge Timing+SuperCharger Timing Punch.

Where SC Timing and SC TP add more than that
EX: after PT+DMTS=41Deg then +8DEG of SCT = 49Deg (almost 50Deg here)
then 49Deg of Timing During the SCT add more after that to reach it's
maximum Timing, Such 1 Deg per Certain RPM ex:
49 Deg + 1Deg every new 1000RPM,
So if your RPM increase 2000 RPM after the SCT
the SCTP ad more 2Deg Timing (49Deg + 2DEG = 51DEG)

While SCTP has it's own Limit that is Secretly not mention on the manual,
and i have been asked this to Palmer recently, they wont uncover about this.
SCTP might Limit to 60DEG or (Safety unlimited Timing) as SCTP maintain it's Torque,...

SCTP Maintain it's Torque to reduce The heat of excessive timing
by reading of it's RPM Increment.
(SCT read The Start RPM and SCTP read the RPM Increment after the
SCT have been Reach during the Full Throttle).

( The Conclusion is That Hobbywing and Speed Passion can reach it's Maximum Timing to 60Deg )
it does like novak Does, but just doing it differently(Better).
dear Irgo... as HW give 'end of RPM' formula...
END RPM = Boost Start RPM + (Boost Timing + Turbo Timing)*Timing Punch

the formula tells that there is no additional timing (SCTP) as u mentioned, which is true SCTP is refer to the RPM increment that triggers the ESC timing increase of 1 degree...

but if your SCTP theory is true... how u calculate the End RPM...?

your idea which DMTS is applied before Boost Start RPM seem intresting and relevant... if the calculation of timing is what like they said... i need to know what timing is applied before Boost Start RPM...? refer to the END RPM formula, only Physical Timing is applied before Boost Start RPM, if that so i can say HW esc torque infield is so weak... eventhough we could counter the less torque with SCTP (at before Boost Start RPM), but it will effect for the top end power which is unconrtrollable heat will produce... get what i mean...? more torque will result less top speed... less torque will result more top speed...

hope someone can clarify... thanc for reply...
Old 12-11-2010, 03:37 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by ongbak
may i know if 1s xerun can be use for 1/10 with 7.4 lipo,as i read from the web that fit for 1/12 scale,im abit confused with it,as i wana upgrade my just stock to 1s xerun...
The 1s version accepts 1s and 2s batteries, this makes it a great speedo for racers, it can basicly run every 1/10 and 1/12th class.
Old 12-11-2010, 04:49 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ongbak
Yes the 1S xerun can run a 2 cell pack 7.4v .3 cell 11.1v cannot be used to use a 3 cell must run the standard 2.1 v 120 amp .
Old 12-11-2010, 08:42 PM
Tech Rookie

Talking Very Happy

HI just had my first run with new 416X and HW Xstock with 21.5T, default setting on car(book settup) and ESC, i cannot wait for my LCD program box to get here, so i can completely stuff the setup of the the car LOL

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.