BT Start Rpm 1000 rpm
BT end rpm 12000
BT slope linear
BT by Th yes
Turbo timing 22 Deg
TT Activation - full throttle
Full throttle delay 0.1s
TT start rpm 9000 rpm
Yesterday i got to testing this setup with my 17.5 GM, haven't my ThunderPower jet.
As the weather in Denmark is kinda rainy, i had to test on my local indoor track. Which is very tight an has a 24 m straight.
I started with a gearratio of 6.17 and a fan to cool the motor. I started by checking the temps often, but barely got 50 deg C, even though it was very fast. I didn't like the way the turbo kicks in, as you really felt the delay. To get rid of it I felt I had to punch the throttle out of the corners.
I changed the Turbo is activated to:

TT Activation - full throttle and RPM
Full throttle delay instant
TT start rpm 12000 rpm

This made the throttle much more linear and a dream to drive, without higher temps. Then i added more boost and turbo until i got some heat on the motor.
Now I'm just waiting for my ThunderPower motor!

Very happy with the V3!
Old 06-25-2012, 11:39 AM
Tech Regular

Is there an easy way of converting V2.1 settings to V3?

I have an extremely good setting on my extreme stock, but i am struggling to try and get the same punch & top end speed when I use the V3 with the same car/motor/ratio
Old 06-25-2012, 11:49 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Just wanted to report in about the throttle issue. Turns out that one motor had a bad sensor board, which is what thought too. However, it didn't explain how the good motor still had the throttle problem.

I switched the Hobbywing esc to the tekin and everything went away. Throttle is excellent. Radio and receiver are just fine.
Old 06-26-2012, 04:53 AM
Tech Adept

Hi all,

I'm patiently waiting for my new v3 to arrive

While I wait, I thought I'd do a bit of research. I recently overheard a conversation at track about an 'app' that can be downloaded for the iPhone/ipad which can be used to control the v3 via Bluetooth? At the time of hearing this I wasn't thinking about getting a Hobbywing so ignored it. But now I've got one coming – is this true or just a load of nonsense?
Old 06-26-2012, 04:53 AM
Tech Adept

While I'm here Does anyone have a good setting for the v3 for a fast but twisty indoor track on carpet. Using a GM2012 13.5.

Thanks
Old 06-26-2012, 04:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JonboyGB
Hi all,

I'm patiently waiting for my new v3 to arrive

While I wait, I thought I'd do a bit of research. I recently overheard a conversation at track about an 'app' that can be downloaded for the iPhone/ipad which can be used to control the v3 via Bluetooth? At the time of hearing this I wasn't thinking about getting a Hobbywing so ignored it. But now I've got one coming – is this true or just a load of nonsense?
That's for speed passion.
Old 06-26-2012, 05:06 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by hyujmn
Just wanted to report in about the throttle issue. Turns out that one motor had a bad sensor board, which is what thought too. However, it didn't explain how the good motor still had the throttle problem.

I switched the Hobbywing esc to the tekin and everything went away. Throttle is excellent. Radio and receiver are just fine.
Maybe the Tekin has less sensitivity at the sensor port who knows .
Old 06-26-2012, 06:47 AM
NR
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RasCalDK
Yesterday i got to testing this setup with my 17.5 GM, haven't my ThunderPower jet.
As the weather in Denmark is kinda rainy, i had to test on my local indoor track. Which is very tight an has a 24 m straight.
I started with a gearratio of 6.17 and a fan to cool the motor. I started by checking the temps often, but barely got 50 deg C, even though it was very fast. I didn't like the way the turbo kicks in, as you really felt the delay. To get rid of it I felt I had to punch the throttle out of the corners.
I changed the Turbo is activated to:

TT Activation - full throttle and RPM
Full throttle delay instant
TT start rpm 12000 rpm

This made the throttle much more linear and a dream to drive, without higher temps. Then i added more boost and turbo until i got some heat on the motor.
Now I'm just waiting for my ThunderPower motor!

Very happy with the V3!
Glad you liked it I will have a fiddle with the things you mentioned and let you know my thoughts

Nathan
Old 06-26-2012, 11:09 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by NR
Glad you liked it I will have a fiddle with the things you mentioned and let you know my thoughts

Nathan
I liked your original setup, but because of the turbo delay, you had to punch the throttle to get the turbo to kick in when you want it to.

When I changed the turbo activation, it was possible to drive much smother, as the turbo would kick in after the boost, if you use full throttle.

But thank you for the setup, really help me, as i had absolutely no starting point
Old 06-27-2012, 11:28 PM
Tech Addict

Create and Save your own setups easily !

http://cpdracing.co.uk/index.php?opt...info&Itemid=60
Old 06-28-2012, 03:07 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RasCalDK
But thank you for the setup, really help me, as i had absolutely no starting point
Do people realise the v3 box comes loaded with profiles for most of the common winds? Mod, 13.5, 17.5, etc. They are conservative but are good starting points for most tracks and motors, and it's pretty easy to tune once you run them and get a feel for gearing, temp, and what you need more of
Old 06-28-2012, 04:35 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default help!

Has some one had this problem before with the lcd.Thanks

Ivan
Attached Thumbnails NEW HOBBYWING STOCK SUPERCHARGED SOFTWARE-100_1033.jpg  
Old 06-28-2012, 04:42 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by IVAN RM
Has some one had this problem before with the lcd.Thanks

Ivan
Yes i have had this problem once or twice just reload the software from the usb link data base and it will go back to normal.
Old 06-28-2012, 05:00 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by COBRARACING
Yes i have had this problem once or twice just reload the software from the usb link data base and it will go back to normal.
Thanks I will reload the software again.Another question right now the lcd have the V1.08_120504 and I want install the V1.07_101224.When I try some window appear and tell me I cant change the version.

What I need too do for make this change on lcd.

Thanks, Ivan
Old 06-28-2012, 07:19 PM
NR
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CraigM
Do people realise the v3 box comes loaded with profiles for most of the common winds? Mod, 13.5, 17.5, etc. They are conservative but are good starting points for most tracks and motors, and it's pretty easy to tune once you run them and get a feel for gearing, temp, and what you need more of
The stock profile is way to slow for a starting point.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.