Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree4Likes

NEW HOBBYWING STOCK SUPERCHARGED SOFTWARE

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2012, 11:11 PM
Tech Elite

Hi Guys

In the next few hours i am going to post a guide on what needs to be done to have zero operating issues with the usb link .

Thanks
Old 11-22-2012, 11:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Did contact CPD but they replied that they didn't have it on stock.
After this it went quiet
Will contact them again.

regards Roy

Originally Posted by COBRARACING
cpd racing uk has been trying to get in contact with you for a while now they have the heatsink for you .

please email them
Old 11-23-2012, 12:01 AM
Tech Adept

Had a a long talk with michael and he has told me that these features are not needed which i agree but there is an rpm limiter external to the esc which we are working on which will limit your rpm thus keeping your motor cooler .

To many features confuse the customer and ive been told this by many high end racers .
Ok thanks... Well decreasing the amps that the motor can draw will decrease the torque from the motor which is what i wanted to do. I dont think the RPM limiter will have the same effect as that... The reason i ask is because the only speedo that works with RC Bikes is the GM120 because you can limit the amps so you get low torque but still many rpms.
Old 11-23-2012, 01:28 AM
M7H
Tech Elite

Im told that they have heaps of brakes for turbo and boost but not enough for zero timing how can that be possible when it is the same program but turob set to zero and boost too zero ?
Well, because braking technically is short circuiting the motor, and the higher the rpm of the motor is, the better it will break.

In general boosted classes will use lighter gearing (higher FDR, or lower Roll-out)
But blinky classes use very heavy gearing instead.
This means that in blinky classes the motor rpm is much lower, which means less breaks....
Old 11-23-2012, 01:34 AM
M7H
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Foodie
Ok thanks... Well decreasing the amps that the motor can draw will decrease the torque from the motor which is what i wanted to do. I dont think the RPM limiter will have the same effect as that... The reason i ask is because the only speedo that works with RC Bikes is the GM120 because you can limit the amps so you get low torque but still many rpms.
And what if you put both the "punch" values in the V3 as low as possible, does this help?

Last edited by M7H; 11-23-2012 at 02:05 AM.
Old 11-23-2012, 02:20 AM
Tech Elite

Procedure for usb link updates

The new files that i emailed out to most of you will show the new 526 software for the V3

Always run in Admin mode even when not updating the program will function better and will allow you to have much more control over the options especially the database

Please also remove any older version of the usb link from your control panel /programs this is a must .

thank you for your time and happy racing
Attached Files
Old 11-23-2012, 02:31 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by M7H
And what if you put both the "punch" values in the V3 as low as possible, does this help?
I have only tried the xtreme stock with punch at the lowest setting but after i fitted a GM120 and adjusted the amps i was 0,5 sec faster afterwards... And that was with a 9,5T motor.
Old 11-23-2012, 03:19 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ScottyTC4NZ
Hi thank for the advice.

Went down to the track again tonight check all that and even changed the receiver, was running good, then about 4mins into run started to do it again. unless its coming lose during run

So its got me beat.
I have PM Angelo but herd nothing yet.
Check your voltage cut-off... if your batts can't handle the output, or are getting low during a run, the esc will cut out, and then come back again. If the low voltage is on Auto, try flicking it manually to 3.2 or 3.0v. The Auto setting can be a bit over aggresive sometimes.

HiH
Ed
Old 11-23-2012, 03:27 AM
M7H
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Foodie
I have only tried the xtreme stock with punch at the lowest setting but after i fitted a GM120 and adjusted the amps i was 0,5 sec faster afterwards... And that was with a 9,5T motor.
xtreme stock... sorry missed that one...
Old 11-23-2012, 04:01 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Pro10noob
Did contact CPD but they replied that they didn't have it on stock.
After this it went quiet
Will contact them again.

regards Roy
I mailed you back multiples times and each time got a bounce from your email. Sorted now, heatsink on it's way to you as discussed !
Old 11-23-2012, 04:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Hello Chris,

Perfect
Thanks

regards Roy

Originally Posted by chris_dono
I mailed you back multiples times and each time got a bounce from your email. Sorted now, heatsink on it's way to you as discussed !
Old 11-23-2012, 06:27 AM
Tech Elite

In blinky software for the v3 its the same as mod or stock all your actually doing is placing the boost and turbo to zero whih in turn blinks the red led stating zero timing no difference from zero to mod same programs for the v3

do you use any drag brake ?are you radio settings correct ? please take a look at these please as i have done my own testing and i see no problem with brakes .You could also have to much brakes and think not enough as you might be skidding/gliding .

I had a touch of drag brake and 1/2 brakes and had more than enough brakes .

Im told that they have heaps of brakes for turbo and boost but not enough for zero timing how can that be possible when it is the same program but turob set to zero and boost too zero ?
What a joke...

Six weeks ago you responded to my detailed explanation of the issues with the blinky brakes by saying that new software would be available next week.

Obviously that software never existed, because now you are falling back on the usual (it's your settings) excuse.

At least now I know that the HW brakes are going to stay faulty, so I can put my money elsewhere with only one regret - that I actually advised other racers to get HW ESCs...
Old 11-23-2012, 06:55 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by sosidge
What a joke...

Six weeks ago you responded to my detailed explanation of the issues with the blinky brakes by saying that new software would be available next week.

Obviously that software never existed, because now you are falling back on the usual (it's your settings) excuse.

At least now I know that the HW brakes are going to stay faulty, so I can put my money elsewhere with only one regret - that I actually advised other racers to get HW ESCs...
can you email me over some details around what you're running (esc and motor settings) and I'll try to help
Old 11-23-2012, 07:47 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

In blinky software for the v3 its the same as mod or stock all your actually doing is placing the boost and turbo to zero whih in turn blinks the red led stating zero timing no difference from zero to mod same programs for the v3

do you use any drag brake ?are you radio settings correct ? please take a look at these please as i have done my own testing and i see no problem with brakes .You could also have to much brakes and think not enough as you might be skidding/gliding .

I had a touch of drag brake and 1/2 brakes and had more than enough brakes .

Angelo,

What exactly has changed in the software for the V3? Anything?

How about nuetral width in the V3?

Some people in the past have brought up an issue with drag brake (the ESC having too much drag, even with a 0 drag brake setting, w/ 17.5 blinky) .. anything done about that?
Old 11-24-2012, 07:47 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by M7H
Well, because braking technically is short circuiting the motor, and the higher the rpm of the motor is, the better it will break.

In general boosted classes will use lighter gearing (higher FDR, or lower Roll-out)
But blinky classes use very heavy gearing instead.
This means that in blinky classes the motor rpm is much lower, which means less breaks....

Its not a situation of LESS brakes, its closer to NO Brakes.

I've been playing around with blinky lately as we will be most likely switching from boosted to blinky next year. Without changing the rollout on the motor, there is a huge difference in brake performance between 930Stock, and the 508 No_Timing.

I agree with your statement though, it makes sense, that the brakes would be less, but not completely gone. In my WGT running around 70mm rollout, I can not stop the car from a walking pace. There just is no brakes. IN the boosted 930 software I have to dial the brakes down. Same rollout.

Angelo has also promised a fixed Low Voltage Cutoff for Blinky since March 2011. Still hasnt shown up. Works in the 930Stock though.

HW makes a great speedo, but they really need to get a grasp on their software...

Cheers,

Shawn.

Last edited by Shawn68z; 11-24-2012 at 10:03 PM. Reason: Fixing bad grammer.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.