Search
Like Tree826Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2012, 04:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Markus

On a different note, I wonder what the results look like from the Tamiya Survey??? I wonder if the answers will persuade new rules/adjustments or will they just remain Cali influenced??
*clutches chest - gasps for air*
Old 09-30-2012, 06:19 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default 2013 Tamiya Finals

This past year Jackson RC hosted an excellent event on the East Coast with it's Tamiya like track ( curbs and all ) wouldnt it be a grand idea to support the folks on the east coast ( at least east of the Mississippi ) with a National level event on the east coast. Based on population demographics, and dollars per region spent on Tamiya gear that would be an interesting stat to see.

I propose at Nationals point system, those folks serious about competing for top prizes would be most interested. Instead of one track wonder set ups..how about getting the top drivers to travel east...

East coast Leg = Jackson RC, Tamiya nats style program with Triple A's
West caost leg = Tamiya track, then same as above

THEN, combine the results for your National Champ, so thats 6 A mains going towards your National Champ Results...

Now I know we will hear.... " Oh I cant afford to travel to New Jersey"... well then you may be ducking from top competion on the east coast,
Much like the East coast guys not willing to travel to the Tamiya track, they are ducking from the home feild advantage fast guys..

Now....Discuss !
Old 09-30-2012, 06:45 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Casey
This past year Jackson RC hosted an excellent event on the East Coast with it's Tamiya like track ( curbs and all ) wouldnt it be a grand idea to support the folks on the east coast ( at least east of the Mississippi ) with a National level event on the east coast. Based on population demographics, and dollars per region spent on Tamiya gear that would be an interesting stat to see.

I propose at Nationals point system, those folks serious about competing for top prizes would be most interested. Instead of one track wonder set ups..how about getting the top drivers to travel east...

THEN, combine the results for your National Champ, so thats 6 A mains going towards your National Champ Results...

Now I know we will hear.... " Oh I cant afford to travel to New Jersey"... well then you may be ducking from top competion on the east coast,
Much like the East coast guys not willing to travel to the Tamiya track, they are ducking from the home feild advantage fast guys..

Now....Discuss !
East West rotation every other year would imo, help to grow the series, and alleviate some of the local track advantage that may or may not exist
Old 09-30-2012, 07:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Cool

- Two - GREAT - I d e a s !

Maybe Tamiya/Fred can work out something !

Old 09-30-2012, 07:36 AM
Tech Champion

Old 09-30-2012, 07:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Originally Posted by F N CUDA
Awesome idea. Please elaborate
Old 09-30-2012, 08:25 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Now....Discuss !
Awesome idea Casey, would be much more fair than always having to travel to the west coast. Also might save some folks money that they can spend on additional or new equipment. West coast Nats and East coast Nats, fair for everyone!
Old 09-30-2012, 09:01 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by F N CUDA
Originally Posted by SMcD
Awesome idea. Please elaborate
I got nothin
Old 09-30-2012, 09:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

soo.. perhaps its an idea that has some legs then...
get top drivers from both regions to be encouarged , and enabled to travel to each others respective venues..and the prize being a trip to Japan, that would encourge the top 10-15 drivers per class, per region to travel to the 2 big events. In reality we could probally see 25-45 % of folks willing or able to travel, that could mean 8-12 drivers per class travelling to both venues, to compete in the double - triple A-main format to win the trip...and if it is a 3 class wins the trip format, that could be 24-36 drivers traveling, and competing in a more fair format...at that point you may learn, who is the faster, more versatile racers to earn a spot to compete in Japan, which in turn takes some versatility to compete and win.. tired of other countries winning the Tamiya Worlds ?? create a format to send drivers that are more adaptable and battle tested... are you ready to raise your game ?

interested ?
Old 09-30-2012, 09:56 AM
Tech Adept

Now....Discuss !
+1
Old 09-30-2012, 08:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

It just looks like much the same as home advantage goes.

Instead of a 4 hour plane flight it might become a 14 hour car trip from the midwest. Many forget midwest does race carpet and has been part of the series since TCS race #11.

I am a fan of a rotational Nationals between 3-4 regions.

Until the TTT land sells, don't see it as a possibility. In the survey I do like the idea of closing the TTT track 1 month before the nats and why not sealcoat it at that point. Which somewhat levels the playingfield so to speak.
Old 10-01-2012, 05:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 129 (100%+)

All good points. Where ever the nats are held, there will be some sort of home track advantage - just part of racing. Unless a track is constructed in a hotel ballroom/parking lot the day before. Doesn't matter much to me, as the chances of my wife/work allowing time to travel to a big race are nearly nil.

BTW - By the number of Canadians winning each year, I think the SoCal advantage myth is somewhat disproven. Although, one could consider those drivers "full sponsored drivers" as they receive a lot of support from Tamiya Canada. Although a wealthy parent/benefactor could provide the same.

Good luck to all of the NA winners in Japan.

Last edited by ewippler; 10-01-2012 at 05:27 AM.
Old 10-01-2012, 05:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 129 (100%+)
Default Regional HoF (Race # 176 Update)

With some urging by Casey, I compiled the latest Regional HoF. As there were a lot of up and coming race winners this year, I capped the listing to the top 36 (took 4 wins to make it). Enjoy

Missing Results
I am missing race results from races several races in the late 90s- 2001. If anyone has some older RC Car Action mags and can look up the the Tamiya Ads showing the results, I would appreciate it (Tamiya used to run full or partial page ads in RC Car Action showing the TCS race schedule and results). PM or email with details

Race # - Date
42 - Oct 97
47-64 - April 98-Nov 99
66 - Nov 99
68 - Feb 2000 (canceled ?)
76-77 - Nov 2000 - March 2001
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya Championship Series-tcs-hof.jpg  

Last edited by ewippler; 10-02-2012 at 06:11 AM.
Old 10-01-2012, 07:09 AM
Tech Initiate

:Jackson East coast+1
Old 10-01-2012, 07:54 AM
Tech Elite

Some of the points are well taken, but you may be missing the point. The Tamiya Nationals are held at the Tamiya USA Track in Aliso Viejo, California.

The Indianapolis 500 Mile Race aka the Indy 500 is held where??????

The Monaco GP is raced on the Streets of Monaco, not Tijuana, Little Rock, or Mobile. Nothing against those cities, but they aren't Monaco.

Like many things that sound good, a national point system has as many bad points as good. For example, you would have to attend both events to have any chance of winning. I believe that if this situation exists the number of racers actually competing for the prize would be much smaller. Let's say driver X wins the East, but can't make the West. Driver Y wins the West, but can't make the East. Driver Z places 3rd or lower in both events and wins the championship. Did he win cause he was the best or because he was able to attend both events???????

Let's also face the fact gentlemen, if you're fast, you're fast. Track don't matter. This local "advantage" crap has been popularized by the whiners and complainers. If you can't go to the Tamiya track and do well, You're just not fast enough. Yeah, you win your little local races, but maybe the guys you race against aren't very fast either. Maybe, instead of whining about some mythical local advantage, you should grow a pair and compete. The Canadians do and do quite well.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.