Search
Like Tree832Likes

Tamiya Championship Series

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2011, 10:37 AM
Tech Regular

Default Orlando's favorite speed tricks

Originally Posted by OSherman
since the beginning of time (or maybe just my RC Race career )
O, isn't that the same thing? I seem to recall you at the Bedrock Nationals back in '06. That is, Year 6.

when we used to race the 'brushed' motors with exotic and not-so exotic but well-shaped brushes and perfectly sprung springs it was always best to break in on the bench slowly to seat the brushes to the comm... slowly ramping up.. only when the brush/comm were fully seated could you beat it with a bat with minimal pitting/arching... kinda like a fine smoked rack of ribs sweating at optimal heat but retaining moisture..
+1. The materials we used for brushes meant that if you wanted best performance and not to burn a brush on its first run, fiddle with them and break them in slowly. Ah, the days of drilling brush faces with a twist drill. I still have my collection of finely-seasoned motor springs. Wonder if I'll ever need them again.
Mmmmm, barbecued ribs. Maybe what the TA locals should cook next week?

just throw you favorite bbq sauce on that motor and call it done..
Anybody up for motor dipping in sauce? I have a special kind from a kickass restaurant in upstate NY...
Old 07-07-2011, 11:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Famous Daves DevilsSpit sauce.. OMG!! yummm.
Old 07-07-2011, 02:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

since the beginning of time (or maybe just my RC Race career ) when we used to race the 'brushed' motors with exotic and not-so exotic but well-shaped brushes and perfectly sprung springs it was always best to break in on the bench slowly to seat the brushes to the comm... slowly ramping up.. only when the brush/comm were fully seated could you beat it with a bat with minimal pitting/arching... kinda like a fine smoked rack of ribs sweating at optimal heat but retaining moisture..

just throw you favorite bbq sauce on that motor and call it done..
On rebuildables a fuzzy serrator was my short-cut to breaking in new and used brushes. Although once they turned purple, take them off the grill, they are done.

Originally Posted by rccardr
Once a motor has been run -at all, for any length of time- the brushes go through a heat cycle and become both harder and more brittle. Always better to water dip a new motor than one that's been in a car. We've also found that breaking in a motor by running it in the car rather than using a controlled bench process generally results in brushes that appear to be more chipped on the leading edges.
Would agree.
Controlled benching is key.
It is like great wine, just takes time.
Old 07-08-2011, 11:06 AM
Tech Adept

Default 2011 Tamiya M Chassis Enduro!!!!!!!

Hello Everyone! The 2011 Tamiya M Chassis Enduro is almost full!!! We have space for ONE MORE TEAM!!! Don't miss out! There will be prizes, and we will be running 17.5 brushless motors loaned to us by Novak! It is going to be the best Tamiya M Chassis Enduro yet!!!!! Get your entries in so you don't miss out!! Remember, as of today, THERE IS ONLY ONE SPOT LEFT!!!! See all of you next Saturday! Thanks to everyone who has signed up so far. Thanks for coming out!!
Roger
Old 07-08-2011, 11:10 AM
Tech Adept

If you want the best Texas style BBQ in California, Bludso's BBQ in Compton on Long Beach Blvd is the best!! Their mixed sauce is hotter than the Devils Spit from Dave's.
Old 07-08-2011, 11:31 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Hijack FYI.

West Coast is gong gung ho on their onroad, Johnny55 is gonna run it.
Also said to become little more user friendly and lighting is improved.

Promotion is:

Pay for 1st entry and ALL other classes/entries are free!

I'm feelin F1, Mini and FF03.

Tuesdays 7pm and Saturdays open at 10am and racing at Noon.

Such a deal.

Now back to our regularly scheduled program, just sayin

Last edited by F N CUDA; 07-08-2011 at 11:44 AM.
Old 07-08-2011, 11:47 AM
Tech Regular

Default Swapping speed secrets and recipes

O, when I get back from my trip I have a present for you: a bottle of Dinosaur BBQ Sensuous Slathering Sauce. Sehr gut...
Old 07-08-2011, 09:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tom Slick
O, when I get back from my trip I have a present for you: a bottle of Dinosaur BBQ Sensuous Slathering Sauce. Sehr gut...
But, will it help for traction at Tamiya ?

This Sunday is also next round at TQ for the carpet series. Lets see if we can twist some more FF03 drivers arms to come out.

And West Coast is also going to have an FF03 race next Tuesday the 12th. Nemo, myself, Speedtech entourage, Dennis L, Dammit Don and a few others usually make the once a month race we try to set-up. Try to come out for that one too. Rod won't run there cause he knows he will get spanked...
Old 07-09-2011, 08:37 AM
Tech Regular

Default Deepest, darkest Rochester

Originally Posted by Kevin CBR
But, will it help for traction at Tamiya ?

This Sunday is also next round at TQ for the carpet series. Lets see if we can twist some more FF03 drivers arms to come out.

And West Coast is also going to have an FF03 race next Tuesday the 12th. Nemo, myself, Speedtech entourage, Dennis L, Dammit Don and a few others usually make the once a month race we try to set-up. Try to come out for that one too. Rod won't run there cause he knows he will get spanked...
See, this is what kills me. I go away on a little family holiday, and what happens? TQ's next carpet Sunday series, Tamiya's fun run on Saturday, and a little FF action at WCOC. It's like y'all planned it for when I'm away.

Kevin, the Dinosaur sauce is so good it'd make rubber tires edible. Though I'm not volunteering to try.
Old 07-09-2011, 09:05 PM
CL
Tech Fanatic

Tom,
Don't worry! There is another fun race next month.
Old 07-09-2011, 10:27 PM
Tech Champion

See, this is what kills me. I go away on a little family holiday, and what happens? TQ's next carpet Sunday series, Tamiya's fun run on Saturday, and a little FF action at WCOC. It's like y'all planned it for when I'm away.

Kevin, the Dinosaur sauce is so good it'd make rubber tires edible. Though I'm not volunteering to try.
Unfortunately Tamiya's fun race was the same day (today) as the Ultimate F1 race in Camarillo too.
Another choice you didn't have to make Slickdude.
Old 07-10-2011, 10:28 PM
Tech Regular

Default Sweet music to traveling ears

Originally Posted by CL
Tom,
Don't worry! There is another fun race next month.
Now that is news to me, and good news at that. Was this announced Saturday? It'd be nice to get in some race/test time before the Nats.

Brother Cuda, I sort of didn't have a choice because of how my family dishes out emotional blackmail and more to those who don't comply. Catholic guilt is as powerful as Jewish guilt, but most people don't know that. Actually, a big part of this trip was to see my brother and his family, who actually act like they like me, so I couldn't pass up.

So how'd you do at the Gran Premio de CanMarillo? Another 3-heat sweep of the Open class?
Old 07-10-2011, 11:12 PM
Tech Champion

Now that is news to me, and good news at that. Was this announced Saturday? It'd be nice to get in some race/test time before the Nats.

Brother Cuda, I sort of didn't have a choice because of how my family dishes out emotional blackmail and more to those who don't comply. Catholic guilt is as powerful as Jewish guilt, but most people don't know that. Actually, a big part of this trip was to see my brother and his family, who actually act like they like me, so I couldn't pass up.

So how'd you do at the Gran Premio de CanMarillo? Another 3-heat sweep of the Open class?
No sweeping this time out but car was fast and stayed consistent, no fading. Problem was that Tony P. and Mike R. were quicker this day and Dave B. dropped in to further my education by driving by and stealing points as well.
Tony P had DNF issues in the first 2 and passed on the 3rd main.
Dave B went 1, 1, 2
Mike R went 3, 2, 1 in that order
I pulled off 2, 3, 3 since Tony was kind enough to seek boards early.

With any luck, Tamiya's next fun race won't clash with the next UF1 race and you and I will get the option to run them both.
Old 07-11-2011, 10:30 AM
CL
Tech Fanatic

Yes, it was announced on Saturday.
Old 07-12-2011, 12:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CL
Yes, it was announced on Saturday.
And the date would be.......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.