Wiki Posts
Search

Team Magic G4

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2008, 10:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

[QUOTE=keavze;4781198][QUOTE=Serzoni;4780473]
As for the play in the ED transmission, the original hopup version of the ED transmission shows a shim being used to take up endplay in the 2-speed housing under the screw and washer. (inside of the back cover)

yup, there's a shim provided but when i tried mine, i didn't use that shim as it'll cause my spur gears some binding...abit too tight with the shim.

btw, anyone knows the size of that shim? i seems to have lost mine.
that shim will give the 1st hub more endplay. it is same diameter as the 2 speed shaft.
Old 08-27-2008, 10:40 PM
Tech Regular

Smile

......building the new G4WC

Old 08-27-2008, 11:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

hey i am confused can you tell me out of all the parts shown in the pics below what is included in the G4WC upgrade??
cheers
Originally Posted by blee
......building the new G4WC

Old 08-27-2008, 11:17 PM
Tech Regular

Smile

Originally Posted by aussies1129
hey i am confused can you tell me out of all the parts shown in the pics below what is included in the G4WC upgrade??
cheers
This is WC upgrade kit:

__________________________________________________ _____________________________________________

Mine is full options G4WC. (not complete yet)
Old 08-27-2008, 11:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

The shafts diameter is 6mm so you would probably need something like a 4mm I.D, 6mm O.D shim. My play is the other way around, the shaft is a lot longer than the one-way bearing on the spur gear holder so i got some 6mm I.D, 8mm O.D shims and will pack out behind the side belt pulley on the other side of the 2-speed. I don't really want to put any shims behind the spurs or at the end of the shaft as i would think it would create some degree of friction [QUOTE=keavze;4781198][QUOTE=Serzoni;4780473]
As for the play in the ED transmission, the original hopup version of the ED transmission shows a shim being used to take up endplay in the 2-speed housing under the screw and washer. (inside of the back cover)

yup, there's a shim provided but when i tried mine, i didn't use that shim as it'll cause my spur gears some binding...abit too tight with the shim.

btw, anyone knows the size of that shim? i seems to have lost mine.
Old 08-27-2008, 11:40 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

i just need that WC chassis!

but with the WC chassis alone, my original RS rear bits won't fit...the rear part mounting holes on the WC and RS chassis are slightly different.

are the WC parts sold separately? what'll happen if i broke some of the WC parts? i can't be possibly buying the whole WC kit again rite? :ha
Old 08-28-2008, 08:11 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default WC Kit

I noticed the KFactory side brace/idler pulley setup has the offset piece of aluminum. This will definately help with proper engine placement as the stock side brace on my G4RS does not allow some of my engines to move far enough back because the backplate screws from the engine hit the side brace. I had to cut 2 notches out of my stock side brace to get proper engine alignment. The KFactory has the offset aluminum piece to solve this problem. Sweet!!! Might have to purchase the Kfactory side brace pieces. Don't know if I'd bother with the aluminum bulkheads though. Plastic is good enough for me. That KFactory steering horn setup looks pretty sweet too.

Regards,
Speyederjedi
Old 08-28-2008, 11:11 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Nice work blee....I have several WC kits coming so if anyone is interested please drop me a PM...as well as all the G4RS and KFactory options...full lines.
Old 08-28-2008, 12:26 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Solara
Nice work blee....I have several WC kits coming so if anyone is interested please drop me a PM...as well as all the G4RS and KFactory options...full lines.
Yes, the "WC" car is fantastic.

More photos will be posted this weekend.
Old 08-29-2008, 01:40 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by blee
Yes, the "WC" car is fantastic.

More photos will be posted this weekend.
Thanks...I am stripping my G4RS right now, awaitng the WC, K-Facotry options, 353 and 2064 pipe arrival for the last leg of MWS @ Toledo....

Old 08-29-2008, 04:34 PM
Tech Regular

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Solara
Thanks...I am stripping my G4RS right now, awaitng the WC, K-Facotry options, 353 and 2064 pipe arrival for the last leg of MWS @ Toledo....

Wish you would dominate the race, bro.!
Old 08-29-2008, 06:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

man Trick just doesn't even cover the WC releases from TM and Kfactory. The craftsmanship there is just unbelievable, so many slight touches that make it so cool to look at.
Old 08-30-2008, 03:54 AM
Tech Adept

G4RS is complete with new GRP .12 to go with it... I have stolen a few bits off my G4+( Eg: Shocks, Fuel Tank, 2 speed shaft with Brake Disc and Racing pads).

Need to run the engine in now!!!!
Attached Thumbnails Team Magic G4-img_1227.jpg   Team Magic G4-img_1228.jpg   Team Magic G4-img_1229.jpg  
Old 08-30-2008, 04:13 AM
Tech Adept

Default New Clutch!

Just some findings while i was building the new car. As SP Racer has already mentioned it comes with a new clutch shoes & plate. It sits alot better within the flywheel and retaining plate sits flat, i could never get it right on my G4+ clutch.

I don't know if it is an issue or not, but when i used the 2nd gear from my G4+ it has quite a wobble in it and it was actually rubbing on the clutchbell on rotation. The new gear was perfect and didn't have this issue, maybe i was just unlucky...

Thanxs
Old 08-30-2008, 09:55 AM
Tech Regular

Smile

Originally Posted by RB_Racer
Just some findings while i was building the new car. As SP Racer has already mentioned it comes with a new clutch shoes & plate. It sits alot better within the flywheel and retaining plate sits flat, i could never get it right on my G4+ clutch.

I don't know if it is an issue or not, but when i used the 2nd gear from my G4+ it has quite a wobble in it and it was actually rubbing on the clutchbell on rotation. The new gear was perfect and didn't have this issue, maybe i was just unlucky...

Thanxs
G4+ and G4RS(first batch) cluth and gear stuff are different from the lastest G4RS. TM always have running change (improvement) on their products. Do not believe your eyes even they look identical.

Beside make sure the alignment is correct between engine, pinions and spurs in order to prevent rubbing or gear stripping. (I never have gear stripping problem on my cars.)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.