GT 1/8 Scale Rules and Setup Sharing

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2012, 08:24 PM
Tech Apprentice

Exactly
Old 04-23-2012, 08:27 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by oskygt
Well, it's already been said by the "board members" that any rubber tire can be used, so why not the wides, they're rubber. Oh and btw, i'm one of the founding fathers of GT in Puerto Rico, just about when it was taking off in Florida, it's where we got our inspiration.
Keep in mind that the Board is still under nominations... you are more than welcome to stick your name in the hat... look back thru the forum and PM with the information needed...Jneg has mentioned that he would like to represent your region!

On the tires.... the tire rule as of yet is open to all rubber tires..

Cheers!
Old 04-23-2012, 08:30 PM
Tech Apprentice

If Jneg wants to represent the region, thats good enough for me, good man for the job
Old 04-25-2012, 11:47 AM
Tech Addict

There's a similar discussion to this on SGRID:
http://www.sgrid.com/forum/showthrea...GT-Class-Rules

That led to my finding a GT rules thread here on RC Tech,
http://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-ro...r-rules-2.html
...where people pointed me to this thread.

After some discussion about the need for GT rules, I tried to put together a good set of rules for the GT class. I started with some existing rules I found on the 'net, then it was suggested that the MidWestSeries rules would be a better starting point. I expanded it somewhat, allowing it to apply to both GT and GTE so electric cars could race in addition to the nitro cars.

If anyone can suggest either on SGRID or here, how to improve on what's currently posted, including both nitro and electric, I hope to be able to send it to Ted Hammer for possible use at this year's Great Lakes Challenge race in Toledo. If racers feel it's a good set of rules, it can then be forwarded to ROAR, and perhaps used as "provisional rules" for a year before becoming "official rules".
Old 04-25-2012, 12:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mikemyers
There's a similar discussion to this on SGRID:
http://www.sgrid.com/forum/showthrea...GT-Class-Rules

That led to my finding a GT rules thread here on RC Tech,
http://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-ro...r-rules-2.html
...where people pointed me to this thread.

After some discussion about the need for GT rules, I tried to put together a good set of rules for the GT class. I started with some existing rules I found on the 'net, then it was suggested that the MidWestSeries rules would be a better starting point. I expanded it somewhat, allowing it to apply to both GT and GTE so electric cars could race in addition to the nitro cars.

If anyone can suggest either on SGRID or here, how to improve on what's currently posted, including both nitro and electric, I hope to be able to send it to Ted Hammer for possible use at this year's Great Lakes Challenge race in Toledo. If racers feel it's a good set of rules, it can then be forwarded to ROAR, and perhaps used as "provisional rules" for a year before becoming "official rules".
Mike I also started a new Thread on ROAR's Forum, so maybe we can run this class as an exhibition this year for the nationals and have the class fully set up for 2013.
Old 04-25-2012, 12:12 PM
Tech Addict

Post Lets Get This Party Started.. and over with!

GT8 National Board

This board would reasonable for the rules until ROAR steps in. When ROAR steps in, the Board would direct ROAR as to our goals as group going forward.

NOTE that the names below have been nominated on a public forum. People could nominate themselves, however
1. Vendors are not allowed to Vote nor be nominated..
a. This would keep the RACERS in control of the direction without any bias...
2. Board is made of the guys who make efforts to travel...
a. Reasoning Example: If do not travel to other race tracks and regions, and have not in the past, you will not have a solid grasp of the happenings within the GT8 as a whole.

Jneg/ Jamie Nergon- Island States East
Z/ Mark Zitzlsperger - Heart of America Region
Spooky 1/ Gus Wood – Mountain West
RinoLino/ Rino Lino- Southeast
MGodson/ Mike Godson- Northwest
TEXAS- Cause it’s BIG
SCNAME?/ Andy Liu- Texas
BigCat/NAME? – Texas
This board can be expanded as other regions would like to be represented.
Members:
Please forward me your email address. I will then create a Form email that can hold the rules and be finalized as a group. These will then be posted for all to see on RCTECH and can be transferred to any other forum as desired.

Last edited by Clete Landefeld; 04-25-2012 at 01:45 PM.
Old 04-25-2012, 12:26 PM
Tech Addict

IF I MISSED YOU... Speak up!!.. I dont want to exclude a region or person(s)
Old 04-25-2012, 01:55 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Clete Landefeld

This board would reasonable for the rules until ROAR steps in. When ROAR steps in, the Board would direct ROAR as to our goals as group going forward.

NOTE that the names below have been nominated on a public forum. People could nominate themselves, however
1. Vendors are not allowed to Vote nor be nominated..
a. This would keep the RACERS in control of the direction without any bias...
There are several flaws in your plans.

First, they are many who have been growing and racing GT for many years longer than you clete and your lack of gratitude or respect towards what has been accomplished for GT racing before you speaks volumes.

Second….. and maybe more revealing, are how the majority of you “board members” are dealers, representatives or sponsored drivers of one specific manufacturer of GT products; making any “non-bias GT legislations” difficult at best. Especially given the political climate exhibited by several of your new “board members” due to their affiliations of “said brand”..

A more positive approach towards greater unity for our GT class might be better to actually acknowledge those of us who have dedicated much towards GT racing and events over the years since its inception.

One would think it would be a much better idea to welcome input/knowledge from those of us who actually worked to build our class from the ground up, instead of rejecting all previous work and causing even great discontent for our GT class and its racers.

Just sayin.....
Old 04-25-2012, 02:30 PM
Tech Addict

Unhappy

Originally Posted by Jspeed

First, they are many who have been growing and racing GT for many years longer than you clete and your lack of gratitude or respect towards what has been accomplished for GT racing before you speaks volumes.

Second….. and maybe more revealing, are how the majority of you “board members” are dealers, representatives or sponsored drivers of one specific manufacturer of GT products; making any “non-bias GT legislations” difficult at best. Especially given the political climate exhibited by several of your new “board members” due to their affiliations of “said brand”..

A more positive approach towards greater unity for our GT class might be better to actually acknowledge those of us who have dedicated much towards GT racing and events over the years since its inception.

One would think it would be a much better idea to welcome input/knowledge from those of us who actually worked to build our class from the ground up, instead of rejecting all previous work and causing even great discontent for our GT class and its racers.

Just sayin.....

I've seen Clete give credit where credit was due. He never claimed to have been the originator of these rules, just the agent to clarify and implement in a more modern way for the benefit of a larger....and growing fan base. It's a darn shame that these cars have been around this long and owners and drivers must still struggle to get clarification for their use.

It was with extreme excitement that a bunch of GT8 racers from my area took the invitation to be able to use our cars in a race in his 'neck of the woods'. It was a new, yet growing class there. Sometimes the best actions come from the newer crowd.

Don't think that Clete would not give a nod' to someone deserving.

I didn't know who Bubba' was but since he got GT's rolling....THANKS BUBBA!!!

There must be someone from those 'early' days that ran the 'Landmax' that is one of our pioneers....that guy needs an atta' boy too.

Let the progress continue.....
Old 04-25-2012, 02:45 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by scary_jerry
I've seen Clete give credit where credit was due. He never claimed to have been the originator of these rules, just the agent to clarify and implement in a more modern way for the benefit of a larger....and growing fan base. It's a darn shame that these cars have been around this long and owners and drivers must still struggle to get clarification for their use.

It was with extreme excitement that a bunch of GT8 racers from my area took the invitation to be able to use our cars in a race in his 'neck of the woods'. It was a new, yet growing class there. Sometimes the best actions come from the newer crowd.

Don't think that Clete would not give a nod' to someone deserving.

I didn't know who Bubba' was but since he got GT's rolling....THANKS BUBBA!!!

There must be someone from those 'early' days that ran the 'Landmax' that is one of our pioneers....that guy needs an atta' boy too.

Let the progress continue.....
Agreed...
Jeff….
Again, I have no hidden agenda… I am not on the board… I just created a forum for all of us to get together and unite….
We are not here to disrespect, exclude, or throw stones or take GT8 in a different direction… We are here to create a unified set of rules so that event organizers and new folks interested in growing the class, know the basic format…whether it’s a race in Peru or a race in Canada…. it’s pretty simple, not rocket science. Read the thread start...
After the rules are set... We all go back to racing..easy...

Good Luck with the new body that you are producing…
After the rules are set... We all go back to racing..easy...
Old 04-25-2012, 02:59 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Clete Landefeld
Jeff….
Again, I have no hidden agenda… I am not on the board… I just created a forum for all of us to get together and unite….
We are not here to disrespect, exclude, or throw stones or take GT8 in a different direction…...

Instead of naming yourself as the “decider in chief”, why not look at the GT rules that have existed for years. Post them up; show where you feel there are flaws that should be changed and why?

You also failed to justify the second part of my previuos post regarding the openly non-bias dealers, representatives and/or sponsored drivers listed as your new GT “board members”.
Old 04-25-2012, 03:08 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Just sayin.....
Of course this forum was on great track till this. I have never talked to you personally but you always throw a wrench in when it is not needed. If you are not in full control you bash people. You are not a good ambassador to the sport. I will never race at a race you put on and will never consider your Worlds to be a "True" worlds. You always think everyone is after you. Get over yourself. The time now is for a group around the nation to grow the group. Man you have conspiracy issues.

Old 04-25-2012, 03:09 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Instead of naming yourself as the “decider in chief”, why not look at the GT rules that have existed for years. Post them up; show where you feel there are flaws that should be changed and why?

You also failed to justify the second part of my previuos post regarding the openly non-bias dealers, representatives and/or sponsored drivers listed as your new GT “board members”.
Good Idea about deciding who is cheif, I vote for "Not" you...

I normally do not get into arguments on forums and believe they are a waste of time. But every*time JSpeed talks I want to puke. Sorry for the non helpful post by my part.
Old 04-25-2012, 03:11 PM
Tech Addict

Unhappy

Maybe when we all get our wish and become 'sponsored' drivers that criteria would need change. There wouldn't be anyone to represent us without bias.

Jeff, please lighten up. This reminds me of the party people don't want to go to any more because the punch starts tasting like piss.
Old 04-25-2012, 03:13 PM
Tech Addict

Again Jeff...I just created the forum

On the members of the board...
It was opened to all drivers that traveled to the races.... some are sponsored some are not...if you look at the list and then at all the othr GT8 threads..these guys are active and in good standing across the country..AND AGAIN were Nominated by thier piers...
Please PM and let me know why so are so upset... with the oganization of a class you wanted to grow.. that supports your family, as you are a manufacturer of product.. this is a good thing for you...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.