Old 01-02-2014, 03:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

if anyone is thinking about it
http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...8-gt-artr.html
Old 01-02-2014, 10:46 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by azeroth
Ah the orange Sweeps!!! If you would sell those separately pm me the shores and a price I love the orange!
Old 01-03-2014, 08:28 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Wait a minute....that car isn't legal for a ROAR race

What a joke these ROAR rules are.
Old 01-03-2014, 08:53 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Originally Posted by TerribleTy
Ah the orange Sweeps!!! If you would sell those separately pm me the shores and a price I love the orange!

Ty i have a set of 40e's,45e's and BETA test ( i have no idea what they are, but i know they did not like 150* track temps!) all of them are balanced and on orange ROK's, and have been in ziplock bags so they are in excellent condition! hit me up i will give you a good deal on all of them.
Old 01-03-2014, 08:58 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by BIGCAT TX
Wait a minute....that car isn't legal for a ROAR race

What a joke these ROAR rules are.
YOU ARE RIGHT but seeing that around here most go by roar rules maybe somebody with the IGT would like to have a good car for somebody to jump in with that is why it is going as a package
Old 01-03-2014, 09:02 AM
Tech Master

LOL and yes kinda slow sometimes white 40, orange 45, black 50, yellow 55, on the shores gotta keep it easy when you run 3 classes
Old 01-03-2014, 12:22 PM
Tech Addict

Lightbulb

Just out of curiosity. As I sit here and rebuild my GT for the 2014 season I find myself looking for options to make the car that much better. One thing I have heard about is ceramic bearings like the ones from Acer Racing or Boca Bearings. Now I understand the theory and know their use in racing bikes and so on but my question is do these same benefits apply to the 8th scale RC world. The only cons I have heard is if they fail they fail hard resulting in a DNF and they aren't cheap like the steel bearings. Pros are less resistance resulting in a more efficient driver train.

What are your guys thoughts? Ceramics in a GT? Curious to see the different thoughts between Factory racers to just the hobbyists as many of the opinions I have heard deal with this.
Old 01-03-2014, 01:29 PM
Tech Master

ceramics yes there are benefits in the past i have run them on all the inboard locations but use a good steel bearing at the outboard wheel locations because of board or other car hits to not break a bearing (learned from running off-road buggy)
Old 01-03-2014, 02:43 PM
Tech Addict

ceramics yes there are benefits in the past i have run them on all the inboard locations but use a good steel bearing at the outboard wheel locations because of board or other car hits to not break a bearing (learned from running off-road buggy)
Makes perfect sense to me, Ceramic the drivetrain minus the hubs for impact protection. Thanks for the reply!
Old 01-04-2014, 07:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

+1

I use only Ceramic bearings on clutch bell and center diff or 2speed. These bearings are under consistent pressure and near consistent heat source, they do provide more efficient drive train results in these areas. Everywhere else a good quality steel is all that is needed.

Just check them often (both ceramic & steel) a small tip is after a run feel the cvds, I have noticed that if cvd is extremely hot it has usually been from a bad or going bad bearing.
I check, clean and relube them as regularly as possible. Don't wait till it actually seizes up will do more damage then you think.
Old 01-05-2014, 12:04 AM
Tech Lord

You will only gain a tiny bit with ceramics if you are a toplevel driver. If you aren't just do not think about it.
Old 01-05-2014, 10:20 AM
Tech Master

true proper bearing care is more important than what the bearing is.......but......
Old 01-06-2014, 02:05 AM
Tech Lord

but.... people are easy fooled with the way of thinking that performance can be bought. Most of the time these people are even not capable to setup a clutch or finetune their engine to the best performance.
Old 01-06-2014, 05:27 AM
Tech Elite

Are we talking Semi-ceramics with ceramic balls or are we talking about the full, All ceramic bearings you can get?
I know some very high quality semi or part ceramic bearings are very expensive, almost as expensive as the fully ceramic but because of the high quality S steel or chrome are also very impact resistant.

Fully agree on one thing. With ceramic they do tend to fail catastrophicly!

Regards
BM