Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Kyosho v-one rrr

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2005, 07:25 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I raced a Pro4 at last years HPI World Challenge at the Halifax track. I'd go for more rear traction to keep it stable in the sweepy turns. You'll probably have more steering than you think this way. Try 1 way in front, #11 ackerman, #2 front hinge pins. Rear, #2 hinge pins, long rear camber link, no spacer, shocks #2 hole. Stock springs 6.5mm front ride height (58mm tires), 7mm rear ride height (60mm tires). Then try 37front, 40 rear to get a bit more steering.
Old 07-23-2005, 01:07 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Surge
I raced a Pro4 at last years HPI World Challenge at the Halifax track. I'd go for more rear traction to keep it stable in the sweepy turns. You'll probably have more steering than you think this way. Try 1 way in front, #11 ackerman, #2 front hinge pins. Rear, #2 hinge pins, long rear camber link, no spacer, shocks #2 hole. Stock springs 6.5mm front ride height (58mm tires), 7mm rear ride height (60mm tires). Then try 37front, 40 rear to get a bit more steering.
This setup will not give you enough camber change. Try taking off the shocks and roll bars and lift one of the front corners while dropping the opposite back corner to simulate acceleration from the bend. Keep all 4 wheels in contact with the ground.

You will find the rear wheel camber goes positive. At the point it goes positive the wheel will break loose. To give maximum rear grip the wheel should be at 0 deg under acceleration. To ensure camber change is increased shorten the top link as much as possible and add 2 or 3mm of spacers to increase the link angle. Also drop the rear hinge pin inserts down to lower the roll centre.

Ill, show you Sunday at the track Jas

Cheers
Old 07-24-2005, 06:55 PM
Tech Regular

Does anyone know if the standard RRR has been discontinued since the WC edition has been released?
Old 07-24-2005, 07:31 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by T. Thomas
Does anyone know if the standard RRR has been discontinued since the WC edition has been released?
that's odd.... I thought it was the other way around wasn't the RRR WC Edition a limited run the regular RRR should still be around unless Kyosho is releasing another touring car which I don't think will happen anytime soon
Old 07-24-2005, 10:14 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by T. Thomas
what i know is the other way around... WCE is limited.
Old 07-24-2005, 11:49 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by FW-05RR
that's odd.... I thought it was the other way around wasn't the RRR WC Edition a limited run the regular RRR should still be around unless Kyosho is releasing another touring car which I don't think will happen anytime soon

haha you know how kyosho is. they release a kit like every 2 days i swear to god. HAHAHA
Old 07-25-2005, 12:30 AM
Tech Master

Due to demand a second limited batch of WC kits were made available.
There are only 3 versions of the RRR chassis kit, the standard, the WC, and the Rubber spec.
Old 07-25-2005, 10:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Does anyone have Pics of how to route the servo wires to the receiver. Especially the steering servo wires. Do I route the wires between the servos and fuel tank. Also there seems to be no room for extra wire to be tucked away. Is it recommended to shorten all of the harnesses to the minimum. If someone could post pics or a diagram it would be helpful. The instructions or lack of leave me with the impression that Kyosho made everything so compact that they did not allow this into the design.
Old 07-25-2005, 12:32 PM
Tech Initiate

Yeah I was wondering about the WC and the standard as well because everywhere I look everybody has a WC listed and not a standard RRR. For a limited edition kit there sure are a lot of them out there. Speedtechrc is the only place I have seen a standard RRR being listed. Maybe some of you guys know of other places?
Old 07-25-2005, 12:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KevinLRC
Yeah I was wondering about the WC and the standard as well because everywhere I look everybody has a WC listed and not a standard RRR. For a limited edition kit there sure are a lot of them out there. Speedtechrc is the only place I have seen a standard RRR being listed. Maybe some of you guys know of other places?
Hi KevinLRC,

Try these hobby shops:

www.revrace.com (909) 628-9909

www.elitehobbyshop.com (626) 858-8999

They are two dealers who may have the regular kit. If they dont have them in stock (when you call), you can have them order the kit for you. It should only take a couple of days or so.

Hope this helps.
Old 07-25-2005, 01:06 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by svines1972
Does anyone have Pics of how to route the servo wires to the receiver. Especially the steering servo wires. Do I route the wires between the servos and fuel tank. Also there seems to be no room for extra wire to be tucked away. Is it recommended to shorten all of the harnesses to the minimum. If someone could post pics or a diagram it would be helpful. The instructions or lack of leave me with the impression that Kyosho made everything so compact that they did not allow this into the design.
I cut a groove in to the steering servo mount so the wire can fit through
Old 07-25-2005, 05:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

To route the steering servo wire back to the receiver I did the following- turned the servo back towards the servo and then ran it over the top of the steering servo behind the receiver pack switch (if youre using one)...you`ll see theres a small channel where the wire can be run to do this.
From here i took it back and turned it in under the carbon deck below the throttle arm.....from here you can either go to the receiver via the hole in the splash guard, or else route it adjacent to the fuel tank (theres room between the fuel tank & throttle servo) and then bring it in from behind the receiver.
Cheers
Old 07-25-2005, 05:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

Oops...make that "turned the servo WIRE back towards the servo".....dang typos
Old 07-25-2005, 08:46 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by AndyT ©
To route the steering servo wire back to the receiver I did the following- turned the servo back towards the servo and then ran it over the top of the steering servo behind the receiver pack switch (if youre using one)...you`ll see theres a small channel where the wire can be run to do this.
From here i took it back and turned it in under the carbon deck below the throttle arm.....from here you can either go to the receiver via the hole in the splash guard, or else route it adjacent to the fuel tank (theres room between the fuel tank & throttle servo) and then bring it in from behind the receiver.
Cheers
i run it along the inside part of the radio tray, between the steering servo and the horn, then between the throttle servo and the tank and finally out from behind the receiver. you need to pull the wire and ziptie it so it doesn't move a lot. so far no problem with this wire arrangement.
Old 07-26-2005, 02:31 AM
Tech Addict

i shortened my sero wires so they were just long enough for the job - i routed the steering servo wires between the two throttle and steering servo mounting brakets, at the top - so it would come up under transponder holder between the two servo mounting brakets along side the fuel tank and up and out the notch hole at the rear of the upper deck where i also brought up my throttle wire and receiver pack wires all of which i later shortened for the job.

also easier to mount servo's and route wires with top deck off car i found.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.