Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Kyosho v-one rrr

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2005, 12:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by kidDynomite
Don't get me wrong, not all 3Racing parts are bad. But from my experience, some high-stress areas on the cars would rather call for stock or factory option parts. I use ti pillow balls in the back of all my Kyoshos, but stock pb in front. I try not to use third party alum. parts because they just add weight. After going through a bling-bling faze 3 yrs ago, I now just spend my money on spares, motors, fuel and tires. If you want any alumium upgrades, get the front swaybar holders (they keep better droop settings). Kyosho optional brake pads, Skyline rear shock tower and pipe support are some other "worthy" hop-ups.
does kyosho make the sway bar holders?....... another thing about 3racing stuff is that they never fit exactly the same as factory stuff does... i think this is because they do not have access to kyosho CAD designs. i do not know for sure, but they probably take the original and make the CAD from that... and this is probably why there is tiny discrpencies. this is just my theory on this and i may be completely wrong.
Old 05-26-2005, 12:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

If you want any alumium upgrades, get the front swaybar holders (they keep better droop settings).
Does anyone else, besides 3 Racing, make aluminum or titanium front sway bar holders for ther RRR?
Old 05-26-2005, 12:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by kewdawg
Does anyone else, besides 3 Racing, make aluminum or titanium front sway bar holders for ther RRR?
No one make Ti sway bar holders. Just get the 3Racing alum. ones. A Kyosho sponsored racer told me that Kyosho gets them from 3Racing, otherwise known as the World Space Cad Industrial Company. I'm sure Kyosho thuroughly tests each 3Racing product to see what's worth their while to sell under the Kyosho name, so they don't have to machine the parts themselves.
Old 05-26-2005, 12:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

No one make Ti sway bar holders. Just get the 3Racing alum. ones. A Kyosho sponsored racer told me that Kyosho gets them from 3Racing, otherwise known as the World Space Cad Industrial Company. I'm sure Kyosho thuroughly tests each 3Racing product to see what's worth their while to sell under the Kyosho name, so they don't have to machine the parts themselves.
Will the aftermarket swaybar holders from past versions of the V-One R (RR, RR EVO) fit the RRR?
Old 05-26-2005, 01:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

Will the aftermarket swaybar holders from past versions of the V-One R (RR, RR EVO) fit the RRR?
no, unfortunately (the one for EVO may fit thou)
Old 05-26-2005, 02:12 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

If this is the case, that means 3 Racing's fitting should be ok. They must have CAD from Kyosho directly in order to manufacture parts for them.

JoeMugen, what are the parts from 3 Racing doesn't fit well with V1RRR?
Old 05-26-2005, 02:26 PM
Tech Elite

I'm assuming the optional belt (387) is bigger, since the pulley is bigger by one tooth. I was thinking, since the stock belt is loose even with the belt tensioner half-way down, you could get away with just using the 24t pulley?
I think my friend tried that and it was too tight.
Old 05-26-2005, 02:28 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rodneybarrett
Guys, what do you think about the Futaba S9550 low profile servo for steering on the RRR?
I was thinking of getting the s9451 but the specs are almost the same and I have a brand new s9550.

Also, still looking for suggestions on a throttle/brake servo. I am assuming non-digital, right?
I use KO2344 digital servo for throttle on both of my RRRs and never had a problem.
Old 05-26-2005, 02:32 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by silverM3
I also purchased my V1RRR WCE there(rc-toro). Very reasonable pricing (the lowest I can find in US

They also have Kyosho parts for V1RRR. And 3Racing parts for V1RRR. I really want to buy some 3 Racing and replace some plastic with titanium/aluminum. Is 3Racing parts really that bad?? Their price seems to be attractive.
I have not had very good experience with 3Racing stuff. I think they use lower grade material and tend to bend/break easily. If there is a Kyosho one I will always get the Kyosho hop up or just keep things stock. The only 3Racing upgrade I had on my car was the aluminum brake lever and I took that off as soon as Kyosho came out with one.
Old 05-26-2005, 05:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

If this is the case, that means 3 Racing's fitting should be ok. They must have CAD from Kyosho directly in order to manufacture parts for them.

JoeMugen, what are the parts from 3 Racing doesn't fit well with V1RRR?
i havent tried any for the rrr... but i am not saying they don't fit properly, but i am saying they are just a hair off. i always got a little play with them... they just were not an exact match... but then again i am very picky.
Old 05-26-2005, 06:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

on my first rrr, i bought aftermarket screws to build the kit... has anyone used the screws the kit came with... if so, how are they????
Old 05-26-2005, 06:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

I found the ones that came with the kit to be pretty good.
I bought a full set of aftermarket titanium screws as spares and in terms of quality i reckon the stock kit ones are better (much closer tolerances)
Old 05-26-2005, 06:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

Is 3Racing parts really that bad?? Their price seems to be attractive.
I`ve used a few 3-Racing parts on the RRR...some good, some not so...
The one piece engine mount seemed to have a poor tolerance on one of the underside mounting holes....some racers have mentioned it can warp...i havent experienced this though.
The l/w clutch bell has worked fine.
The rear diff housing has been fine.
The rear shock tower offers an additional shock position and a bit more bracing in the middle section than the stock one, but I`ve had one of these break....looks like its a 4mm one next for me
Old 05-26-2005, 06:56 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jeffreylin
I use KO2344 digital servo for throttle on both of my RRRs and never had a problem.
yeah, I also picked 2344. 2364 would have been better but more expensive.

This long weekend I will be 100% dedicated on putting the car together
Old 05-26-2005, 07:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I'm going to try the RRR with the engine and fuel tank 2mm lower.
Attached Thumbnails Kyosho v-one rrr-aaaaaaaa.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.