R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-22-2005, 08:25 PM   #3391
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 246
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

I raced a Pro4 at last years HPI World Challenge at the Halifax track. I'd go for more rear traction to keep it stable in the sweepy turns. You'll probably have more steering than you think this way. Try 1 way in front, #11 ackerman, #2 front hinge pins. Rear, #2 hinge pins, long rear camber link, no spacer, shocks #2 hole. Stock springs 6.5mm front ride height (58mm tires), 7mm rear ride height (60mm tires). Then try 37front, 40 rear to get a bit more steering.
Surge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2005, 02:07 AM   #3392
Tech Master
 
ziggy12345's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: West Midlands, UK
Posts: 1,596
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surge
I raced a Pro4 at last years HPI World Challenge at the Halifax track. I'd go for more rear traction to keep it stable in the sweepy turns. You'll probably have more steering than you think this way. Try 1 way in front, #11 ackerman, #2 front hinge pins. Rear, #2 hinge pins, long rear camber link, no spacer, shocks #2 hole. Stock springs 6.5mm front ride height (58mm tires), 7mm rear ride height (60mm tires). Then try 37front, 40 rear to get a bit more steering.
This setup will not give you enough camber change. Try taking off the shocks and roll bars and lift one of the front corners while dropping the opposite back corner to simulate acceleration from the bend. Keep all 4 wheels in contact with the ground.

You will find the rear wheel camber goes positive. At the point it goes positive the wheel will break loose. To give maximum rear grip the wheel should be at 0 deg under acceleration. To ensure camber change is increased shorten the top link as much as possible and add 2 or 3mm of spacers to increase the link angle. Also drop the rear hinge pin inserts down to lower the roll centre.

Ill, show you Sunday at the track Jas

Cheers
__________________
Dedicated RC Car Speed Site

http://www.fast-rc.co.uk/forum/index.php

Sponsored by:
Norfolk and Chance
ziggy12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2005, 07:55 PM   #3393
Tech Regular
 
T. Thomas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 380
Default

Does anyone know if the standard RRR has been discontinued since the WC edition has been released?
T. Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2005, 08:31 PM   #3394
Tech Master
 
FW-05RR's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,384
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by T. Thomas
Does anyone know if the standard RRR has been discontinued since the WC edition has been released?
that's odd.... I thought it was the other way around wasn't the RRR WC Edition a limited run the regular RRR should still be around unless Kyosho is releasing another touring car which I don't think will happen anytime soon
FW-05RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2005, 11:14 PM   #3395
Tech Elite
 
dodo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: the archipelago
Posts: 3,095
Send a message via Yahoo to dodo
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by T. Thomas
Does anyone know if the standard RRR has been discontinued since the WC edition has been released?
what i know is the other way around... WCE is limited.
dodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 12:49 AM   #3396
Tech Elite
 
nigelnuggets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Artesia, SoCal.
Posts: 2,187
Send a message via AIM to nigelnuggets
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FW-05RR
that's odd.... I thought it was the other way around wasn't the RRR WC Edition a limited run the regular RRR should still be around unless Kyosho is releasing another touring car which I don't think will happen anytime soon

haha you know how kyosho is. they release a kit like every 2 days i swear to god. HAHAHA
__________________
Kamikaze Toys and Hobbies. www.kamikazetoysandhobbies.com / www.kamikazercracing.com
nigelnuggets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 01:30 AM   #3397
Tech Master
 
NiMo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Luton, England
Posts: 1,704
Default

Due to demand a second limited batch of WC kits were made available.
There are only 3 versions of the RRR chassis kit, the standard, the WC, and the Rubber spec.
NiMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 11:48 AM   #3398
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Fontana,CA
Posts: 1,005
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Does anyone have Pics of how to route the servo wires to the receiver. Especially the steering servo wires. Do I route the wires between the servos and fuel tank. Also there seems to be no room for extra wire to be tucked away. Is it recommended to shorten all of the harnesses to the minimum. If someone could post pics or a diagram it would be helpful. The instructions or lack of leave me with the impression that Kyosho made everything so compact that they did not allow this into the design.
svines1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 01:32 PM   #3399
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 29
Default

Yeah I was wondering about the WC and the standard as well because everywhere I look everybody has a WC listed and not a standard RRR. For a limited edition kit there sure are a lot of them out there. Speedtechrc is the only place I have seen a standard RRR being listed. Maybe some of you guys know of other places?
KevinLRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 01:46 PM   #3400
Tech Elite
 
Ron C.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Anaheim, California
Posts: 2,367
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinLRC
Yeah I was wondering about the WC and the standard as well because everywhere I look everybody has a WC listed and not a standard RRR. For a limited edition kit there sure are a lot of them out there. Speedtechrc is the only place I have seen a standard RRR being listed. Maybe some of you guys know of other places?
Hi KevinLRC,

Try these hobby shops:

www.revrace.com (909) 628-9909

www.elitehobbyshop.com (626) 858-8999

They are two dealers who may have the regular kit. If they dont have them in stock (when you call), you can have them order the kit for you. It should only take a couple of days or so.

Hope this helps.
__________________
Mugen Seiki / MSR / Airtronics / Enneti Tyres / O'Donnell Racing / Checkpoint / Hobbico
Ron C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 02:06 PM   #3401
Tech Master
 
NiMo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Luton, England
Posts: 1,704
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by svines1972
Does anyone have Pics of how to route the servo wires to the receiver. Especially the steering servo wires. Do I route the wires between the servos and fuel tank. Also there seems to be no room for extra wire to be tucked away. Is it recommended to shorten all of the harnesses to the minimum. If someone could post pics or a diagram it would be helpful. The instructions or lack of leave me with the impression that Kyosho made everything so compact that they did not allow this into the design.
I cut a groove in to the steering servo mount so the wire can fit through
NiMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 06:18 PM   #3402
Tech Fanatic
 
AndyT 's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Sydney Australia
Posts: 862
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by svines1972
Does anyone have Pics of how to route the servo wires to the receiver. Especially the steering servo wires. Do I route the wires between the servos and fuel tank. Also there seems to be no room for extra wire to be tucked away. Is it recommended to shorten all of the harnesses to the minimum. If someone could post pics or a diagram it would be helpful. The instructions or lack of leave me with the impression that Kyosho made everything so compact that they did not allow this into the design.
To route the steering servo wire back to the receiver I did the following- turned the servo back towards the servo and then ran it over the top of the steering servo behind the receiver pack switch (if youre using one)...you`ll see theres a small channel where the wire can be run to do this.
From here i took it back and turned it in under the carbon deck below the throttle arm.....from here you can either go to the receiver via the hole in the splash guard, or else route it adjacent to the fuel tank (theres room between the fuel tank & throttle servo) and then bring it in from behind the receiver.
Cheers
AndyT  is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 06:20 PM   #3403
Tech Fanatic
 
AndyT 's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Sydney Australia
Posts: 862
Default

Oops...make that "turned the servo WIRE back towards the servo".....dang typos
AndyT  is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 09:46 PM   #3404
Tech Elite
 
dodo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: the archipelago
Posts: 3,095
Send a message via Yahoo to dodo
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyT
To route the steering servo wire back to the receiver I did the following- turned the servo back towards the servo and then ran it over the top of the steering servo behind the receiver pack switch (if youre using one)...you`ll see theres a small channel where the wire can be run to do this.
From here i took it back and turned it in under the carbon deck below the throttle arm.....from here you can either go to the receiver via the hole in the splash guard, or else route it adjacent to the fuel tank (theres room between the fuel tank & throttle servo) and then bring it in from behind the receiver.
Cheers
i run it along the inside part of the radio tray, between the steering servo and the horn, then between the throttle servo and the tank and finally out from behind the receiver. you need to pull the wire and ziptie it so it doesn't move a lot. so far no problem with this wire arrangement.
dodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 03:31 AM   #3405
Tech Addict
 
Dynamite's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Australia
Posts: 614
Send a message via MSN to Dynamite
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by svines1972
Does anyone have Pics of how to route the servo wires to the receiver. Especially the steering servo wires. Do I route the wires between the servos and fuel tank. Also there seems to be no room for extra wire to be tucked away. Is it recommended to shorten all of the harnesses to the minimum. If someone could post pics or a diagram it would be helpful. The instructions or lack of leave me with the impression that Kyosho made everything so compact that they did not allow this into the design.
i shortened my sero wires so they were just long enough for the job - i routed the steering servo wires between the two throttle and steering servo mounting brakets, at the top - so it would come up under transponder holder between the two servo mounting brakets along side the fuel tank and up and out the notch hole at the rear of the upper deck where i also brought up my throttle wire and receiver pack wires all of which i later shortened for the job.

also easier to mount servo's and route wires with top deck off car i found.
__________________
www.racingfactory.org
Kyosho RRR Evo | Sirio Evo III STI | Ko Radio
Dynamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FOR SALE - Mugen MBX5T ProSpec and Kyosho STR with chassis conversion and Kyosho big MattWells R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 5 04-28-2017 10:25 AM
1986 1/12 Kyosho Plazma MKIII With Kyosho LeMan 600E Motor Funkymojo R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 2 05-17-2012 11:11 AM
Custom painted Kyosho SP2 and Kyosho STRR bodies.... RC3 Graphics SWEET W/ PICS CRFXXXT R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 1 01-07-2008 07:38 PM
MACH. 28/NEW PS, KYOSHO MINI INFERNO ST/W/3NEW IB1400 8 CELL PACKS, KYOSHO 1./8 BUGGY newbie2 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 5 11-18-2007 06:07 PM
Convert Kyosho Quick Start system on Kyosho QRC to Pullstart Morpheus2be Monster Trucks 0 02-16-2005 11:26 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 10:30 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net