Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Kyosho v-one rrr

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2005, 03:12 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by jas1
I,m after a bit of feedback from some experienced foam drivers on setting up my rrr, i generally run my car of rubber tyres, and have only dabbled with foams.
i nead a quick crash coarse, i am racing in the euros at the halifax trark in the uk in 4 weeks. it is my local track luckily but this sunday is gonna be my last chance to practice.

the track is large and fast flowing, but only mid-low grip most of the time. some bumpy sections also that can catch you out under braking also

any help would be greatly appreciated. cheers
Jas1 Dont see you on this site very often. Here's my advice for what ist worth (you've seen my driving!!)

Change then roll centre at the front so the inserts have the pivot holes at the top. This gives you a sharp turn in. Caster clips can be all forward

You will find you need to trim the steering down so it doesnt spin out but you can use less lock so wont loose speed in the corners.

Use the solid front axle. If you can get a spare one way tube mod it to turn it into a solid as it's half the weight of the diff conversion.

Tyres are no bigger than 62 rear 60 front. Even 60/58 is good for a heat. If you can get the new Jacos I would try them.

I changed the battery pack for AAA and moved it forward. It lasts a final easy

Best of luck for the euros
Old 07-20-2005, 12:19 PM
Tech Regular

cheers ziggy i'm gonna need it.

been thinking of using a AAA battery pack, but running rubber tyres have the battery at the back, really strugguling to keep the back end planted running rubbers.

tried the 1 deegree castor blocks last sunday, they sharpened the front end up no end, just ordered some 2 deegree to try.

will give the solid a try, but the one way did feel pretty good, plus when grip comes up i would say you'll probably only need the brakes once a lap, but i will try it.

have found the car only seems too work on small tyres, only problem with that the engine is screaming its nads off at the end of the straight
Old 07-20-2005, 07:33 PM
Tech Rookie

Default servos?

i just got a rrr, i bought a serio .12 evo 3, an rd logics pipe, and i heard that some servos don't work well in some cars. i use a xs 3, and a rs 310 rx, can someone let me know what servos do well in this car?
Old 07-20-2005, 11:53 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by anthony750
i just got a rrr, i bought a serio .12 evo 3, an rd logics pipe, and i heard that some servos don't work well in some cars. i use a xs 3, and a rs 310 rx, can someone let me know what servos do well in this car?
i have ko 2364 on my v1rrr wce.
Old 07-21-2005, 01:01 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by jas1
cheers ziggy i'm gonna need it.

been thinking of using a AAA battery pack, but running rubber tyres have the battery at the back, really strugguling to keep the back end planted running rubbers.

tried the 1 deegree castor blocks last sunday, they sharpened the front end up no end, just ordered some 2 deegree to try.

will give the solid a try, but the one way did feel pretty good, plus when grip comes up i would say you'll probably only need the brakes once a lap, but i will try it.

have found the car only seems too work on small tyres, only problem with that the engine is screaming its nads off at the end of the straight
Are you using the 23t gear? I found that the smaller tyres work really well. It makes about 1/2 sec a lap around Ashby.
Old 07-21-2005, 03:17 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hi guys. New to rc here.

Right now when I hand-spin my first gear, my second gear spins too.

What i would like to know is whether the first gear is supposed to spin with the second gear or should the second gear remain still?

and also when I hand-spin my 2nd gear, my 1stgear spins too.

Should the 1st gear remain still when the second year is spinned?

Tiger
Old 07-21-2005, 05:19 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by tiger266
Hi guys. New to rc here.

What i would like to know is whether the first gear is supposed to spin with the second gear or should the second gear remain still?

Tiger
You need to make this clearer.
Is this with the motor/clutchbell in the car?
Old 07-21-2005, 07:05 AM
Tech Elite

Hi guys. New to rc here.

Tiger
if you're talking about the spur gears, try loosen the grub screw that holds the clutch and tighten it again, the manual asks you to tighten the grub screw 1st. while it's better to tighten it last (after you install the 1st gear) to make sure that there is enough 'play' between the 1st gear holder and clutch, thus they don't bind.
Old 07-21-2005, 07:38 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by NiMo
You need to make this clearer.
Is this with the motor/clutchbell in the car?

its the gears that are connected to the chassis not the engine.
Old 07-21-2005, 07:52 AM
Tech Elite

Hi guys. New to rc here.

Tiger
Depends on the direction you are spinning the gears. I don't have my car with me to verify but it sounds fine.
Old 07-21-2005, 05:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

I`m using the Futaba S9451`s on both throttle & steering and they are outstanding.
If you plan on fitting these to a RRR, note that the 9451`s require different spacing to other servos (top of page 23).
Old 07-21-2005, 05:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

Hi guys. New to rc here.

Tiger
If the engine is out, then both spur gears (the plastic gears) should spin freely of each other......with the engine and pinion gears in 1st and 2nd spur gears will rotate together.
Old 07-22-2005, 03:55 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by AndyT ©
If the engine is out, then both spur gears (the plastic gears) should spin freely of each other......with the engine and pinion gears in 1st and 2nd spur gears will rotate together.
now that both are spinning together, how do i make them spin freely of each other? loosen the grub screw in the clutch?
Old 07-22-2005, 07:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I'm currently using a hitec 5625 MG Digital for steering. Strong and fast. Using a hitec 625 MG for throttle / brake. Strong stuff. They work great.
Old 07-22-2005, 04:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

now that both are spinning together, how do i make them spin freely of each other? loosen the grub screw in the clutch?
If they wont spin freely of each other with the engine out.....check the 2nd gear (the one with the housing attached), pop it onto the shaft and see if it can rotate freely or whether its dragging on the 2 speed shoes.
If its dragging on the 2 speed shoes....check that youve wound in the grubscrews (the ones over the rollers) enough so theyre not protruding and dragging on the 2 speed case.
If theyre wound in and still the 2 speed case is dragging on the shoes.....then you may have wound the grubscrews in too far...these move the 2 speed shoes outwards (so it may "locked" in 2nd gear)...loosen them off a bit and then check to see if its rotating freely.....keep making very small adjustments to this till it rotates freely.
Cheers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.