Search
Like Tree3Likes

MUGEN SEIKI MRX5

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2011, 11:30 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ltrdude
I have a picture of my new upper arm I will be selling.I am waiting for the turnbuckles and the ball ends.The turnbuckles will be 4mm but they will use the same wrench as the 3mm.The ball ends will be aluminum with reverse thread.I should have the rest complete next week to try out.The dimensions are all the same except for the material added behind the pocket for the turnbuckle so you will be able to adjust camber.I am not saying this is going to cure the problems but I know it will make a big difference.JOHN MULLEN J&S Racing

can't wait to put them on BIG DAWG...Have a drink for me...The bar tender was cute..
Old 02-19-2011, 01:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by williamw
I agree with this this theory, noise caused by the drive train or by metal to metal is not a problem with 2.4 receivers, however vibration to the receiver or heat could cause problems. I'm not sure about electrical noise but voltage drop from high power servos has proven to cause drop outs in spektrum receivers. That should not be a problem with a 6 volt receiver pack unless the current capability of the receiver is not up to the job. It's a good idea to check battery packs under load to check for voltage sag.
i disagree with ya about the metal to metel yes metal to metal is fine but if one metal item gets loose such at my engine mounts came loose and i guess the metal to metal moving back and fouth cause the glitch, now its intresting what u say about the high voltage servos i wonder if we can get the people who had these problems to post if they had high voltage servos cause i been posing that we have buit and ran 6 mrx5's on the team and not one of us has had a problem that we didnt know what was causing it, and none of us ran high voltage servos, standard servos with lipos and no problems except for me i run airtronics and u can not run a m11x standard setup with a lipo when a lipo fully charges to 8.4 it was burning out my rec and causing a glitch...
also people have been running aluminum rec boxes which i fell vibrate hell of alot more then plastic and get hotter and dont have problems...
Old 02-19-2011, 02:52 PM
Tech Lord

The only thing I can think of is static electricity. The clutch shoe is a kind of plastic an is rubbing the clutchbell which can create static electricity.
Old 02-19-2011, 03:57 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Roelof
The only thing I can think of is static electricity. The clutch shoe is a kind of plastic an is rubbing the clutchbell which can create static electricity.
Dont forget, let say if the plastic ( clutch shoe ) can produce a small amount of electro static discharge, the clutchbell is still connected to the tip of crankshaft by two bearings, so it is still grounded.

It's very marketing unfriendly to hear mystery glitches in some mrx5. How many people in the world have this runaway problem ? I guess those people should check their radio equipments functionality before blaming the car. They should also check cable routing, plug connections, and try some ways to lessen the vibrations.
Old 02-19-2011, 04:16 PM
Tech Lord

I wonder if ceramic balls do transfer electricity, if not than the clutchbell is not "grounded"..... Beside that, the engine and chassis will only be grounded if you realy do connect the chassis the the negative pole of the battery....
Old 02-19-2011, 04:46 PM
Tech Champion

I assume most people are still using the original mugen seiki 5x10 steel bearing at the tip of crankshaft. ( maybe only you use 5x10 ceramic ? )

The crankshaft, conrod, piston and sleeve connection will ground the electro static discharge to chassis ( IF electro static discharge really does exist in the first place ).

Bottom line : I dont believe a clutchbell or thrust bearing can produce radio interference to receiver.

Last edited by asw7576; 02-19-2011 at 04:59 PM.
Old 02-19-2011, 05:25 PM
Tech Champion

I think mrx5 have bigger problem here. I think the radio glitch problem probably come from electro static accumulation resulted from belt's friction. Look at the car closely : There are 3 belts and the housing for belt's bearing are all made from allumunium. The whole chassis is actually being positively charged by belt's friction.

It's just a theory.....
Old 02-19-2011, 06:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Roelof
I wonder if ceramic balls do transfer electricity, if not than the clutchbell is not "grounded"..... Beside that, the engine and chassis will only be grounded if you realy do connect the chassis the the negative pole of the battery....
This is the best safety tip out there. And I bet you no one does it. +1 roelof
Old 02-19-2011, 08:48 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hey guys quick question, do you grease the dog bones in the drive shafts/axles or run them dry? I grease mine at the moment and then clean after every race meeting or practice day but what do you guys reckon?
Old 02-20-2011, 02:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CHRISP76
Hey guys quick question, do you grease the dog bones in the drive shafts/axles or run them dry? I grease mine at the moment and then clean after every race meeting or practice day but what do you guys reckon?
I clean and grease.
Old 02-20-2011, 03:24 AM
Tech Lord

The dogbones I do not greese, to much pressure on the pin seems to me it will pressure out all the greese, for sure if the pin is moving up and down in the shaft. I know some people are using a graphite grease spray, it stays dry and so it will not take dirt.

The CVD gets some teflon spray.
Old 02-20-2011, 08:34 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by asw7576
I think mrx5 have bigger problem here. I think the radio glitch problem probably come from electro static accumulation resulted from belt's friction. Look at the car closely : There are 3 belts and the housing for belt's bearing are all made from allumunium. The whole chassis is actually being positively charged by belt's friction.

It's just a theory.....
people been running alum housing for years ele cars onroad and off i cant see that being the problem.

i think for those having a glitch should try leaving the inside cover off the rec box so the wires are not all squeezed toghter and see what happens.
Old 02-20-2011, 08:46 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ralphierace13
people been running alum housing for years ele cars onroad and off i cant see that being the problem.
Agreed. If that was the problem, why do Shepherd, Serpent, etc. not have the issue?
Old 02-20-2011, 10:26 AM
Tech Apprentice

Anybody has an opinion?

I think that in my car the rear belt and the pulley almost touch the engine/engine mount. Just assembled it with the kit gears/pinions and 35PLUS21 engine.

I think the distance is about 0.5mm or something???

-X-
Old 02-20-2011, 02:45 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by MRX4XXXX
Anybody has an opinion?

I think that in my car the rear belt and the pulley almost touch the engine/engine mount. Just assembled it with the kit gears/pinions and 35PLUS21 engine.

I think the distance is about 0.5mm or something???

-X-
yes its very close we dremeled alittle off the engine so it dont touch or u can move the pully over but better to dremel alittle off. also dont forget to dremel off some of the chasis by the clutch bell top side the pressure plate can hit the chasis when it comes out..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.