Originally Posted by CFowler
the japanese set up

more toe out in the front
less toe in the rear
flat front sway bar
rear sway bar same-same
less droop in the front and rear

Couple of other little changes
Actually there is one more major change not mentioned above. The floating radio tray option is not used. Instead two screws are used just outboard of where the bearings would be to hold the radio tray fixed in position.
Old 10-25-2010, 06:13 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The floating radio tray option is not used

I did not see that one, I was told you only want to use that when the traction is very low, to force all of the weight to load the tire

Good eye ball on that one
Old 10-25-2010, 06:40 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by kitracer
The FEMCA was held in Hong Kong on the Weekend with drivers from Korea, Malaysia, Thailand, China, Macau, Singapore and Hong Kong. 14 rounds total.

I had a blast running the MRX5. Also having YURUKI san( FUKUDA mechanic) set up help and as pit man, it was RC made in heaven!

First no more Radio glitch run away issues we had. Also I think is our track and driver stand n covers all made from metal so caused more problems then most. I know Japan have reports similar problem when driver stand and covers made from metal.

Friend of my MRX5 TQ the race but the steering rod came loss, ended his race.

All the MRX5s at the track were running fast including my.
I had good chance to move up A final from semi but drivers mistake so I ended 4th at semi. I recorded the 2nd fastest lap of the day so very happy with the car. Also very durable, good for guys like me

One thing I learn from Yuruki was the rear roll bar should be adjusted to move freely. If not, use the 2 collar and turn 1 of them at a time until the bar is free, if not free again, try different position roll it up or down until bar is free.

Just purchased a MRX5 and was wondering is there any starting setup for ACO track which I can work from?
Old 10-25-2010, 08:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Default Vegas race this past w/e

Anyone know how the mugens did ? thx
Old 10-25-2010, 09:21 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks mugendrew...
Old 10-25-2010, 09:44 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Chubba
Just purchased a MRX5 and was wondering is there any starting setup for ACO track which I can work from?
I suggest just start with the standard set up. It is very good.
I added weights since I used 2 small servos and changed to Grey front spring to get little more steering.

Play with the body mount. I uses Blitz 09 and 20mm forward from bumper work really well.
Old 10-26-2010, 02:25 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Mrx-5 all show no finish.

can anyone recomend a good clutch spring

Mojo Nick P

Last edited by mojo/nogogo; 10-26-2010 at 09:26 AM.
Old 10-26-2010, 04:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mojo/nogogo
Went to the paris race last weekend and saw the mrx-5 not to impressed its fragile as hell. Well Swauger had the tq spot but Scotty Barrera put the pressure on Mike in the first 5 min and made him choke into the piping braking the ill handiling mrx-5. And not 1 factory mugen mrx 5 team driver finished the main nor stayed to watch the rest of it, they put there tail between legs and made excuses all the way home. Warning before you purchase ask about there great customer service or lack there of My only question is where did Mike Swauger and his defective clones finish. Lol. Congrats to Micheal P, Ron C and Brad T for a 1 2 3 finish. Scottty Barrera looked like the class of the feild forcing Swauger to slam his car into the piping early in the race I feel that Mike S is on his way down just doesnt seem to have the edge anymore and was very rude to me on the phone as I had questions but would not answer them therefor I am still trying to purchase the fastest car with good to great service.

Mojo Nick P
obviously the car has potential for Mike to get TQ, i doubt it was an ill handling MRX5. as far as being Rude to you, i wouldnt doubt it, specially if you showed the signs of Arrogance, and the slander to go with it, that you have just shown now for everyone to see. i have seen the 5 go at the hands of one of the best in AU, and it is far from an ill handling car. so id pull ya head out of ya Ass , and go go Find ya Mojo else where
Old 10-26-2010, 04:45 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Joke

I am getting a new transmitter what one is the best.

Last edited by mojo/nogogo; 10-26-2010 at 09:27 AM.
Old 10-26-2010, 06:49 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Pattojnr
obviously the car has potential for Mike to get TQ, i doubt it was an ill handling MRX5. as far as being Rude to you, i wouldnt doubt it, specially if you showed the signs of Arrogance, and the slander to go with it, that you have just shown now for everyone to see. i have seen the 5 go at the hands of one of the best in AU, and it is far from an ill handling car. so id pull ya head out of ya Ass , and go go Find ya Mojo else where
+1..Mike S. is a great guy in my book, when i had my first onroad car mtx4r he took time to pm me setups and help try to explain my trouble spots...the 5 may not be as strong as the 4 series but i bet mugen working on it then the 5R or X be out soon
Old 10-26-2010, 09:00 AM
Tech Fanatic

At my local track MRX5 is definitely faster than MRX4X. Maintenance wise it's so far about the same. Maybe it's temperature? (still 20'c here)
Old 10-26-2010, 05:49 PM
Tech Master

mojo/nogogo, WOW!!!!! before you slam everybody, please do not include everybody that drives the Mugen car in the A main and people you don't know. You sound like a bitter little RICHARD that didn't get his way. "Defective clones finish" I take this personal. I stayed for the race and so did everybody that was in the A main that broke. What did you do, you drove from Virgina to hang out with the family at the track just to watch one of the best drivers in the WORLD Mike Swauger race, that was the smartest thing you have done yet, I hope you learned something. All I know over a dozen of racers came to him and asked questions and ask for parts, he didn't once hesitate to help or give FREE parts to everyone that asked and needed them for there car. There is no less than 2 USA factory drivers that would do that, give free parts, trust me. If you have a problem with Mike, be a real man and call him and talk to him. Don't bring other racers into your small minded world and put them down. If you have a problem with me e-mail me and we will chat since you involved me in your statement.

Let the thread go back to MRX-5 and how nice the car is.

MY2CENTS

Last edited by YLLIB; 10-26-2010 at 07:17 PM.
Old 10-26-2010, 06:36 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Originally Posted by YLLIB
mojo/nogogo, WOW!!!!! before you slam everybody, please do not include everybody that drives the Mugen car in the A main and people you don't know. You sound like a bitter little RICHARD that didn't get his way. "Defective clones finish" I take this personal. I stayed for the race and so did everybody that was in the A main that broke. What did you do, you drove from Virgina to hang out with mommy at the track just to watch one of the best drivers in the WORLD Mike Swauger race, that was the smartest thing you have done yet, I hope you learned something. All I know over a dozen of racers came to him and asked questions and ask for parts, he didn't once hesitate to help or give FREE parts to everyone that asked and needed them for there car. There is no less than 2 USA factory drivers that would do that, give free parts, trust me. If you have a problem with Mike, be a real man and call him and talk to him. Don't bring other racers into your small minded world and put them down. If you have a problem with me e-mail me and we will chat since you involved me in your statement.

Let the thread go back to MRX-5 and how nice the car is.

MY2CENTS
Well said & If you come down to Florida to race there are plenty of Mugen drivers & other drivers that always help out of towners that are in need
Old 10-26-2010, 06:38 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Just don't let him give us Virginia racers a bad name. Most of us are cool, even if we did switch to Shepherd
Old 10-26-2010, 07:22 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wingracer
Just don't let him give us Virginia racers a bad name. Most of us are cool, even if we did switch to Shepherd
Sean Virginia is to big of a state to have 1 person give it a bad rep

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.