Old 02-04-2010, 04:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default MUGEN SEIKI MRX5

New Mugen Onroad 1/8 scale car!

http://rcspecial.com/news/?p=40788

Old 02-04-2010, 04:44 AM
Tech Lord

O man, a 2 part rear end, the Velox and 966 have issues with this concept and have created "stiffeners" (or connection bars) to solve this.

I do see some 966/Velox ideas, even the tank is a Serpent look a like...

I will not be the first to get it.
Old 02-04-2010, 05:37 AM
Tech Regular

hmmm looks promising and very attractive too....
Old 02-04-2010, 05:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

KICK AZZ! I'm already in line.
Old 02-04-2010, 05:45 AM
Tech Champion

I keep wandering " why some parts are designed more like 1/10 electric cars ?? .... some parts looks weak and durability maybe become problems. Hey mugen, nitro racing can be 45 minutes to 1 hour. Also consider most of your customers are normal , regular drivers that still wanting performance but they still involve in crashing and wanting durability at the same time.

Here the weak points :

1. Front upper suspension arms : the ball cup may become easier to pop out, either directly out from the ball or the steel turnbuckle is pull out from the threads. The plastic lolli pop is also weakest at the threads area.

2. Steering Uprights, Suspension Arms : carbon fibre plate is joint together with plastic part ? remember K.I.S.S ?

3. Lower suspension hinge pins, Rear & front bulkheads : inspired from TRF 415, Xray 008 cars ? I tell you, After moderate crashing.... the suspension hinge pins will bend , and EP style bulkheads like that are easy to tweaked.

I'm not really happy after looking the concepts.
Old 02-04-2010, 05:57 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Seems a carbon fixed disc outside front/rear upright, F1 wheel cover concept?
Interesting brake system
Old 02-04-2010, 06:09 AM
Tech Elite

#1 Same set-up that has been used on the rear upper for years. You have to hammer the piviot ball into ball link, it's not popping off. When you do smack something hard enough it brakes the turn buckle. I don't care who's car it is, someone will find the weak spot's.
#2 I have not seen nor heard of any issue with this same design on the MBX-6 or the MBX-6-T. What your getting here is adjustability without having to modify a mold. "I want the shock end closer to the contact patch." Fire up the cnc cutter, TA DA...
#3 I dont think Sanada has ever produced a week car. Hit something hard enough and you'll snap the lower hinge pin, destroy the lower arm mounts and break and arm while your at it on the 4. Something is going to give. Tweak deal, I'm sure he has everything keyed, doweled, and grooved so it all locks together. His latest designs (buggy/truggy) could be built screwless with a bottle of C.A.
I'm buying this becuase I want a race car...
1/8th open is not for rookie's...etc.,etc.,etc...
Old 02-04-2010, 06:16 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MugenDrew
#3 I dont think Sanada has ever produced a week car.
I agree with you completely but just thought I would point out that this isn't an entirely Sanada car.

Also, the MRX-3 was ridiculously fragile when it first came out. They changed materials for the front uprights and body mounts and only then did it become the tank we all loved.

Last edited by wingracer; 02-04-2010 at 06:31 AM.
Old 02-04-2010, 07:02 AM
Tech Elite

Aparently Roberts cars stand out performance as well as the Velox front to rear caught someone's attention. There is alot that could be read into the word "Realization". Roberts creative ability, Koji's abacus. In the end it's Koji's show period.
I only remember the 3 as a BRICKPOOPHOUSE. My kit came from the third shipment to the U.S.A. though?
I'm kinda suprized nobody is freaking out/bashing the laydown throttle servo...
AZZ KICKIN MUGEN SEIKI's
Old 02-04-2010, 07:12 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

I only remember the 3 as a BRICKPOOPHOUSE. My kit came from the third shipment to the U.S.A. though?
Oh it definitely was, but mine was a first or second shipment kit. The design was fine, just the plastic for the body mounts and uprights was way too brittle. Fortunately, by the time I got the kit built, raced, broken and parts ordered, the new parts were in all ready. No more issues.
Old 02-04-2010, 07:32 AM
Tech Addict

I think this is a step in the right direction. I'm happy that Mugen is taking the bull by the horns. Welcome to the future Mugen Seiki. Todays word of the day is TRUE. Let us say goodbye to friction. All we need now is Kyosho and M otanica to convert and we will have a highly competitive 2011 worlds in the land of the free (U.S.A).
Old 02-04-2010, 08:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default Mugen MRX5

Is this a new Mugen concept car, or will it be put on the market?
I have two of the MRX4X <among an Evolva and a Serpent> but actually love the MRX4X cars.
I am in no way able to compete with the likes of Swuager,Ron Calangi or the other top drivers, but still I am very satisfied with the cars now, so I guess I am asking is this for sure going to be Mugens new 1/8th scale.
Anyone know for sure?
Old 02-04-2010, 08:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by brc358
Is this a new Mugen concept car, or will it be put on the market?
I have two of the MRX4X <among an Evolva and a Serpent> but actually love the MRX4X cars.
I am in no way able to compete with the likes of Swuager,Ron Calangi or the other top drivers, but still I am very satisfied with the cars now, so I guess I am asking is this for sure going to be Mugens new 1/8th scale.
Anyone know for sure?

It looks like that will be the new car...
Old 02-04-2010, 09:47 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Really cool car, never thought I would said that about a mugen car.
They always seemed to be very conservative with their designs, but this defiantly isn't.
Really like the front uprights and the bulkheads.
Also to me it looks like the throttle servo is moved forwards a lot, but maybe this is the case with all 1/8 cars.
Old 02-04-2010, 10:16 AM
Tech Lord

I'm kinda suprized nobody is freaking out/bashing the laydown throttle servo...

It was waiting for that it would happen. I doubt it will add something to the perdormance of the car than only extra play on the short ball links The middle weight of the servo is still hanging on the same place.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.