Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

Rc10ntc3

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2003, 10:28 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

The quality seems great. The chassie is awesome. I'm going to have to play around with the cases, shims and what not. I had to shave just a bit off of the braces to make them fit. They were just a bit too thick around the mounting holes at the case. The shock towers, I'm going to have to look more closely. When I mounted them last night, things didn't line up right.

When you look at the shock tower, there are two mounting positions for the upper arms. On the right side of the shock tower, the lower mounting position, or "inner" hole, is where I place my arm. When placed there on the new tower, the upper arm rubbed the right front CVD, the dogbone part that sticks up threw the right drive cup of the diff.

I'm not bad mouthing RD Logics. I've been very impressed with cost, shipping, and customer survice. It's just a very new product that I don't have anyone else to ask about around here. All things will be fine with time.
Old 02-08-2003, 11:08 PM

Just about all after market hop ups need some sorta modding to make fit perfect. I'm sure RD will take care of it, if its a problem on their end. They usually produce top quality stuff at a good price!

jwf_frani: Do you know if RD made any of those diff cases a few months ago with a polished finish? I purchased a set of polished diff cases that came in a sealed bag with no name on them, from a guy who had posted them on here. He would'nt reveal the Company name.
Old 02-09-2003, 12:23 AM
Tech Adept

I haven't really had any trouble with my RD logics stuff. I opted not to put the shock towers on simply because of personal preference. I like the way the car looks with the black composite towers. Overall all the parts are of excellent quality. I can only recommend RD logics parts...
Old 02-09-2003, 01:46 AM
Tech Fanatic

I only used the upper case covers, but they worked great. I did have to remove a little material from my carbon corner braces due to the aluminum cases being a little thicker than the plastic cases, but I didn't have to reshim anything, and everything bolted right back into place perfectly. If you have the painted versions, you may have to remove the paint on the bearing races for proper clearance, just scrape it off, or use a wire wheel on your dremel. You may also want to run a 4/40 tap thru the holes, a few of them had a slight bit of paint in them also. All in all, 100% satisfied, you can not beat this stuff for the money. I will put the shock towers on just to see how they fit, and I'll let you guys know.
Old 02-09-2003, 08:54 AM
Tech Rookie

Has anyone seen or tried this filter system ? I purchased it a while ago and havent been able to run my car. Does anyone have an opinion on it?
Attached Thumbnails Rc10ntc3-dscn1510.jpg  
Old 02-09-2003, 08:58 AM
Tech Rookie

heres another pic
Attached Thumbnails Rc10ntc3-dscn1512.jpg  
Old 02-09-2003, 09:02 AM
Tech Apprentice

I have one Very Simular BBNTC3 Mod It helped alot with the Heat From the Engine Going into the Carb I have mine Pointed More To the Front of the car. Forces Air into the Engine Threw the Filter And really Seems to Help keeping it running Smoother.
Old 02-09-2003, 09:13 AM
Tech Apprentice

I too have Purchased the RD logics Alum Kit /Chassis and Had No problems with anything Other Then a Very minor Mod Being done to the Carbon Fiber top Deck (englarged The mounting Holes)
Other then that Everything Lined up Just Perfectly. Looks Really Nice and Seems to be great. But I would also Like to Suggest to Put a Screw into the Extra Hole In the top Diff case To keep Dirt out Of the Diffs Even though this is the Same thing I have done to The Stock Cases Towers /Bottom&top cases Did have a slight Gap But a little Red Sealer Seemed to solved the problem Again No differant then the Stock cases. A very Good Product and I would highly Suggest it To anyone And Just cant beat the Customer Service or Price I had My Kit 2 days after ordering it In Florida. I cant wait to See what they Come up With Next. RD Logics Alum Kit

Last edited by NTC3Dvr; 02-09-2003 at 09:24 AM.
Old 02-09-2003, 09:54 AM
Tech Fanatic

I have just goten the rd logic kit three problems but they are fixable one of the shock towers the lower hinge pin hole was two large but I dont youse lower hole will have to cut 1.5 mm of the botom of the rite front brace again will not be yousing so not a problem and you will have to drimmel a notch in top trans cover so you can put the sway bar on the rear of car and tap the sway bar screws on rear lower trans mount paint makes very tight with K factory braces car is now rock solid I am still very happy thanks rd logic jack H
Old 02-09-2003, 12:46 PM
Tech Rookie

i was debating if it was worth getting the full set or just getting a set of the cases, what do you all think?
Old 02-09-2003, 12:58 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hard to go wrong with the 70.00 Complete set
Old 02-09-2003, 02:32 PM
Tech Rookie

Does the yokomo truck body fit on the ntc3 without mods?
Old 02-09-2003, 03:16 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Starter Box

Hi guys.
I am haveing a lot of problems with my team magic racing starter box. I am wondering what the best starter box for the NTC3 is.
Thanks!
Old 02-09-2003, 03:43 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

I would say the Associated one is about the best. All you have to do is buy two sport packs and plug them in and your ready to rock.

Jon
Old 02-09-2003, 03:54 PM
Tech Regular

ofna 1/10 w/accessories:
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXAXU2&P=7

this is the box that i have. it's great, it can be configured for any type of car, because the starter wheel position is movable. it comes with a power panel and glow plug starter so there's 1 less thing you have to worry about charging. it also comes with a 12v 7amp battery which gives you way life than 2 7.2v packs. and at the price of $85, you can't beat it..

the AE box is OK, but it's wired for 2 7.2v packs, doesnt' include batteries, and doesn't have a powerpanel/glow plug starter.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.