Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

Rc10ntc3

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2003, 04:31 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I would love to see adjustable pivot ball retainers for the NTC3, the stock way of doing it leaves alot to be desired.
Old 05-07-2003, 06:26 AM
Tech Fanatic

jscamry,
Yes, I have set screws on all 8 pillow balls. We found last year that it helped prevent them from pushing in on a hard impact. It also holds your setting.

XtremeMDX,
GPM makes delrin spur gears for the NTC3 also, in all 4 sizes. I would think they would be alot cheeper than $20, but I have not seen them yet. If you go to their website you can take a look at them.

fastharry,
Yes, we need fixed toe-links, 2 & 3 deg., with captured rod ends. No popping off, no compressing.
Old 05-07-2003, 07:20 AM
Tech Adept

guys i am about to buy a fail safe which one should i get? i am running a ntc3 rtr with some hop ups
Old 05-07-2003, 10:17 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Delrin Spur gears are now available

Originally posted by XtremeMDX
Good news my peeps, the folks at Dynamite has released the Delrin Spurs for the NTC3, the bad news is that they only come in 54 and 52 sizes only, no word if the 48 will be released. The other bad news they retail for about $19.99 a $15.00 premium over the AE spurs. My LHS carries them and will probably pick up just the 52 spur for now until they come out with the 48 spur.
what is the difference between the stock and the dynamite? sorry i am new to this.
Old 05-07-2003, 01:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by dvargas
guys i am about to buy a fail safe which one should i get? i am running a ntc3 rtr with some hop ups
I have used the Dynamite failsafe in the past, and it worked ok. Thay make a few different models, each compatable with a certain radio. I'm not sure which would work with your RTR radio. I think it's a Hitec radio, right guys? You'll have to ask your LHS to hook you up with the right one, or it won't work.
Old 05-07-2003, 01:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Re: Delrin Spur gears are now available

Originally posted by alucard13
what is the difference between the stock and the dynamite? sorry i am new to this.
This is what the Dynamite pipe looks like. As a matter of fact, I think this is the overseas company that they get them from. They sell on Ebay all the time. I believe the longer manifold would provide alot of torque, but top end may suffer.
Attached Thumbnails Rc10ntc3-tc3pipe.jpg  
Old 05-07-2003, 03:59 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Louisville, KY!.. USA!! ....Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally posted by NTC3NUT
jscamry,
Yes, I have set screws on all 8 pillow balls. We found last year that it helped prevent them from pushing in on a hard impact. It also holds your setting.

XtremeMDX,
GPM makes delrin spur gears for the NTC3 also, in all 4 sizes. I would think they would be alot cheeper than $20, but I have not seen them yet. If you go to their website you can take a look at them.

fastharry,
Yes, we need fixed toe-links, 2 & 3 deg., with captured rod ends. No popping off, no compressing.
nut,what pillow balls are you using?>>>>
Old 05-07-2003, 04:44 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by dvargas
i got a XTM failsafe. they're great and pretty inexpesnive. only $20 or so.
Old 05-08-2003, 02:22 AM
Tech Adept

Default Re: Re: Re: Delrin Spur gears are now available

This is what the Dynamite pipe looks like. As a matter of fact, I think this is the overseas company that they get them from. They sell on Ebay all the time. I believe the longer manifold would provide alot of torque, but top end may suffer.
thats a nice looking pipe. Is that the one were you can put in little disks or shims in a since, to make the pipe longer or shorter, depending on what your want??? Who makes the pipe in this pic.
Old 05-08-2003, 02:24 AM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by torchedlh
i got a XTM failsafe. they're great and pretty inexpesnive. only $20 or so.
Is the XTm Fail Safe universal? So i can use it with the cheap Ace jaguar radio system until i get a new FM radio system like the MX-3?? Will it owrk on both. I will be getting the MX-3, in a package type deal, you know it comes with the transmitter, reciever, on-off switch, 4 cell battery holder, and 2 servos. So will he XTM work on the MX-3 and the Ace Jaguar?
Old 05-08-2003, 04:46 AM
Tech Fanatic

fastharry,
I have the TiR titanium pillow balls on my car now, but as they need replacing I'll put the stock steel pillow balls back in. I have been very happy with the TiR pillow balls, just getting out of hand with the titanium, too much cash and not always enough supply to meet the demand. I may try the Mugen pillow balls and see how they work (I have alot of friends that run Mugens, I'll hit them up for some freebies).

dvargas,
I don't know about the XTM, but the Dynamite failsafe is brand specific, you'll need the Airtronics version for your MX-3 (a very nice radio for the cash by the way). I don't know if it will work on the stock RTR radio. The XTM is advertised thru several vendors in each issue of RC Car Action, check it out there. You may also find it somewhere like Tower Hobbies on-line. They should be able to give you the technical info you need.
Old 05-08-2003, 05:05 AM
Tech Elite

fastharry,
I have the TiR titanium pillow balls on my car now, but as they need replacing I'll put the stock steel pillow balls back in. I have been very happy with the TiR pillow balls, just getting out of hand with the titanium, too much cash and not always enough supply to meet the demand. I may try the Mugen pillow balls and see how they work (I have alot of friends that run Mugens, I'll hit them up for some freebies).

dvargas,
I don't know about the XTM, but the Dynamite failsafe is brand specific, you'll need the Airtronics version for your MX-3 (a very nice radio for the cash by the way). I don't know if it will work on the stock RTR radio. The XTM is advertised thru several vendors in each issue of RC Car Action, check it out there. You may also find it somewhere like Tower Hobbies on-line. They should be able to give you the technical info you need.
were you bending the TiR balls?....how about the stock ones(or the FT ones whick are made by Lunsford)..I find it hard to believe tha Mugen balls are better(considering the overall quality of the car)...

just for your info.....we usually run with firehose,the only time I've run with boardsis the HPI challenge..
I had my first oppurtunity to run on BIG boarded track(1/8th scale) in edison NJ) Roar region2).....alot of the guys rum Mugen 1/8th,and have the 1/10th scale as well.....this track is 225 by 200,with a 200 ft straight....

anyway,I saw teh mugens for the first time..in my eyes,thet're quality is nothing special.....My freind Charles,who also posts here(CHUCKMANDO) ran a very nice race,and finshed 3rd in the A main....I finished 4th in teh A...thats with 30 drivers entered...and alsmost all of them Mugens..(a couple other tc3's)..

that being said...My car bent nothing the whole day..and yes,I did wack the boards a few times....and charles finished with only 3 springs on the car(probably thanks to me for rubbin him at the end of the race)...

my piont is,the tc3 is a very capable and easy to drive car...(not to mention durable,thanks to the fix)

and the Mugens don't walk on water like everyone thinks....

BTW,I saw a few 1/8th scales lose some parts also..
Old 05-08-2003, 05:29 AM
Tech Fanatic

The TiR balls are very hard to bend, by far the best titanium pillow balls out there. I have tried the FT versions, and Hardcore versions, both sucked. I had a hard crash last weekend in the main that ripped my front lower arm 1/2 way off (carbon arms & titanium pins), but the TiR pillow balls did not bend. I was still able to finish the race, even with the damage. I would recommend them to anyone. The reason a few of the guys are going to the Mugens are that the shafts are larger, and they resist bending. Everyone that has made the switch has told me that they have not bent one pillow ball since, very impressive. As for the MTX-3's, they looked good 2 weeks ago, but this weekend traction was up (way up), and they had lots of problems. First of all they could not get them to stop traction rolling, no matter what they did. One of my friends, a very decent driver, went thru 2 or 3 sets of front universals. They where snapping off at the joint. When he ran out and had to go back to his original dog bones he couldn't keep those from popping out. He ended the day without finishing a qualifier, or a main. Another one of my fellow racers pulled his rear shock tower out of both rear bulkheads, causing him a major overhaul. The worse thing is the parts availability. No one stocks the stuff for them, they ended up stripping another racers car down for parts just so they could finish the day. Thats one thing I love about our cars, go anywhere and you'll have parts, all you can afford.
Old 05-08-2003, 05:43 AM
Tech Elite

The TiR balls are very hard to bend, by far the best titanium pillow balls out there. I have tried the FT versions, and Hardcore versions, both sucked. I had a hard crash last weekend in the main that ripped my front lower arm 1/2 way off (carbon arms & titanium pins), but the TiR pillow balls did not bend. I was still able to finish the race, even with the damage. I would recommend them to anyone. The reason a few of the guys are going to the Mugens are that the shafts are larger, and they resist bending. Everyone that has made the switch has told me that they have not bent one pillow ball since, very impressive. As for the MTX-3's, they looked good 2 weeks ago, but this weekend traction was up (way up), and they had lots of problems. First of all they could not get them to stop traction rolling, no matter what they did. One of my friends, a very decent driver, went thru 2 or 3 sets of front universals. They where snapping off at the joint. When he ran out and had to go back to his original dog bones he couldn't keep those from popping out. He ended the day without finishing a qualifier, or a main. Another one of my fellow racers pulled his rear shock tower out of both rear bulkheads, causing him a major overhaul. The worse thing is the parts availability. No one stocks the stuff for them, they ended up stripping another racers car down for parts just so they could finish the day. Thats one thing I love about our cars, go anywhere and you'll have parts, all you can afford.

alot to be said for factory support..

so I guess every car has its problems, huh..

where can I get the Tir balls from....

hey,Maybe JiM Reeves can make "the FiX" for the Mugen guys..
  • Fix the shocktowers
  • fix the universels
  • fix the parts distribition
  • fix the handling problem
  • etc etc etc

the tc3 isn't perfect..but if you can drive, NO ONE has a hard time with it...

honest to god,I thought,in my own little firehose tues nite racing,I may have been wrong about how well the car transitions,and cuts in on corners...

after Sun,I have no doubts about the tc3 nitro

BTW,have you seen the new G40 team magic car?..

that Mugen,and all the other belt cars on the market,suddenly seem outdated.....

HEY Puma...you reading all this?.......Come back to the light!!!!

Last edited by fastharry™; 05-08-2003 at 07:32 AM.
Old 05-08-2003, 05:49 AM
Tech Elite

btw,I went to Tir's site..

NOTHING but bad reviews from people who never got their orders..I understand they had a fire,but they should answer people..

is there anywhere in the US that stocks the parts..???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.