Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree68Likes

Tamiya TA05 Touring Sedan

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2007, 02:24 PM
Tech Adept

ur not wrong been looking at the spec get a lot for your money.still i like my msx so probably will be a wet car and maybe a local club night car.
Old 02-26-2007, 02:59 PM
Tech Adept

Does anyone have a link for RC-Champ in English?
Old 02-26-2007, 05:04 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by GuyIsDamGood
Hey TA05 Guys; can you Help Me on this:
-I need to know the Length of the TA05`s Battery Holder/Plate(in Millimeters).

Thanks

Take Care
Just measured the standard plastic TA05 battery plate = 147mm (hole centre to hole centre).
I know this strap is exactely the same as the TB02 one. It also lines up with the holes on an EvoIV chassis, sorry I don't own a EvoV (yet).
I've had problems with tape breaking during races on the EvoIV and was looking at using one of these battery plates instead of tape.
Old 02-26-2007, 07:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Bob Marley
Does anyone have a link for RC-Champ in English?
There is no RC-Champ in english. You might try google translator otherwise, just figure out what you want an send an email. The instructions for overseas mailorders has a link on the main page and the instructions are in english. Shipping is silly fast too. 3-4 days.
Old 02-26-2007, 08:22 PM
Tech Apprentice

Email with Champ is the way to go. Customer service is top notch. If you really must see the page in (somewhat) english, I suggest babelfish.

http://babelfish.yahoo.com/translate...rUrl=Translate

What you get to see is only the tip of the iceburg. If you dont see what you want just ask.
Old 02-26-2007, 08:45 PM
RLS
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Customer service is top notch
I wouldn't call waiting a week for a reply to an email 'Top Notch' but once you finally get your total and send payment the shipping is crazy fast and the prices are worth the wait.
Old 02-26-2007, 08:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by RLS
I wouldn't call waiting a week for a reply to an email 'Top Notch' but once you finally get your total and send payment the shipping is crazy fast and the prices are worth the wait.
A week? Guess I've had a different experience with them. It's always been the next day for me.
Old 02-26-2007, 09:32 PM
Tech Apprentice

Next day usually for me also. Im not going to argue about the quality of customer service w/ someone who had a bad experience.
I do know they only have two people working their international sales and how it sounds from my communication w/ them they are swamped. Also rc tech is not the best place to communicate w/ them as they do not check here that often.
I say give them another chance, like you said, its even worth the wait.

Again this is just my opinion
Old 02-26-2007, 09:35 PM
Tech Apprentice

MDawson - is that pengiun chassis the new p2020. Checked the site and it said coming soon. Am very interested as it looks high quality.

Thanks in advance
Old 02-26-2007, 11:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I'm gonna be buying a new set of B3's for the local TCS here and I'm wondering if I shoul use the +2 offset wheels or regular 0 offsets. The track is a high bite /technical set-up. I think someone here had commented on the width differences,but I can't remember. any info is appreciated!!--Al
Old 02-27-2007, 12:53 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by DA_cookie_monst
more than just a 'wet' car!!!
1.9 seconds off a dry car, ay skiv

I was reluctant to get one at first, but im glad ive seen the light!

I was even using the standard plastic shocks, TRF's are on the "to buy" list.

Skiv, glad you found some info here, I have sent you a pm on the adur forum too with a few bits of info
Old 02-27-2007, 01:36 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by big al
I'm gonna be buying a new set of B3's for the local TCS here and I'm wondering if I shoul use the +2 offset wheels or regular 0 offsets. The track is a high bite /technical set-up. I think someone here had commented on the width differences,but I can't remember. any info is appreciated!!--Al
0 degree is what most of us run at SIR. They work well on our track.
Old 02-27-2007, 05:24 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by big al
the 2 or 0 will also depend on the body. As having the wheel further out you might not have room in some bodies for clearence. The 2 would make the car more stable, but might numb it up.
Old 02-27-2007, 05:43 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dtech
MDawson - is that pengiun chassis the new p2020. Checked the site and it said coming soon. Am very interested as it looks high quality.

Thanks in advance
I got one a couple weeks ago. The chassis is very nice. I believe they are still working some stuff out and getting the instructions and stuff together for it. I would suspect it will be released soon.
Old 02-27-2007, 06:34 AM
Tech Fanatic

Thanks for the info waOscar.
-The TB Evo 5 doesn`t have a Carbon Battery Brace/Holder/Plate. I was thinking about using a TA05, or a TB-02 or a TB Evo 4 Carbon Battery Brace/Holder/Plate.

I might have to do some fitting-work but it will(should) look alright.

Thanks

Take Care

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.