Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Yokomo MR4TC-BD

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2006, 11:41 AM
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell

think the new arm sweep block is really good idea ,
nice upgrade to have & also simple to do ,which is what it`s all about
Old 09-09-2006, 11:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

I wish I knew where I can get some of those new sweep front suspension mounts.
Old 09-09-2006, 12:01 PM
Tech Regular

fpart: I got mine from rc-champ, I look forward to trying them. Most Asian based shops should have them now, I don't think they've travelled too far yet.

pops: possibly to get more oil under the piston= more traction? Maybe an additional idea to acheieve more than just cutting the triangle piece and inverting it Maybe also for more ride height without fiddling with shock lengths/innards.
Old 09-09-2006, 12:06 PM
Tech Elite

Ali, I sent and email to RC-Champ and he told me that he was out of stock on them and that they should be back in stock soon. This was 3 weeks ago. Still no response from him.
Old 09-09-2006, 12:39 PM
Tech Adept

New shocks negate the need for the triangle piece. Basically makes them exactly the same as Tamiya shocks, they are longer because of this 63.5mm is the minimum size you can get them down to.
Old 09-09-2006, 01:13 PM
Tech Regular

Check the Yokomo Japan site, they update when they get stock of items in. all but the part numbers are readyable but the rest is in japanese. I believe there was a production problem with the mounts as some were not straight. The ones i have seem fine and will be using them on the car tomorrow.
Old 09-10-2006, 01:08 AM
Tech Master

I use the Onboard Toe-Out blocks since half a month now.
I think they are really good.
They achieved exactly what I was expecting. More precise, more steering, especially during entering the corner, it also felt like having more steering through sweepers.

Which brought even more was the HB frontend. Steering everywhere I need it :-)

And maybee a tip to those people having problems with the diff.
Use a tamiya thrust bearing without the brass inner part, so it fits on the Yoki screw.
When racing my 8Ts I always had to reassamble my Diff after every pack. But now with the Tamiyaparts in it, I have driven it for 13 packs now and it spinns totally free, locks fully and is like freshly built.

Hope this helps some people here.

Martin.
Old 09-10-2006, 03:36 AM
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell

Microtechracing have the new sweep block`s instore

re;;shocks
does this mean tamiya had the right design so long ago now HB & yoke,schu have copied them

properly why so many peeps put the tamiya shocks on
good enough for D spashett good enough for me
my tamiya shocks on the evo 5 are 62mm was thinking of changing over then thought ,hey not much wrong with the `lovely` yoko shocks any way`s
Old 09-10-2006, 01:12 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Masami BD chassis & standard chassis (Help please)

does anybody know what the difference between the masami chassis and the standard BD chassis also where’s the cheapest place to by a chassis in the uk.

cheers
Old 09-10-2006, 01:33 PM
Tech Master

same thickness (no additional weight) but a different Cf which makes it much stiffer than the original BD plate.
Old 09-10-2006, 05:04 PM
Tech Elite

Mr. Jolly, Thanks i just ordered two of them!!
Old 09-13-2006, 05:17 PM
Tech Regular

hi which is better grainger kit or misami and whats the difference?? i really wanted to buy a yokomo ... thanx hoping for your input guys
Old 09-13-2006, 05:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Masami kit is a standard BD with Ti screw set, bomber white belts, Graphite arms and C-hubs, ti-nitride shock shafts, precision yokomo bearings, hollow layshaft, new rear shock tower, 64pitch gears, yokomo progressive rate springs. Available worldwide.

Grainger kit is a standard BD with a front spool, black belts, green rayspeed springs F&R, SDW front arms and building tips from Grainger. Only available in the UK via CML.

The Masami kit is great, and probably the easiest to get outside the UK.
Old 09-13-2006, 05:48 PM
Tech Regular

i just checked the web for those two cars. and, your right all the search for the grainger edition is only based on uk and their price is so expensive to convert to dollar.. while masami is a bit cheaper... and is that the latest right?( the masami editioin) thanx i might try to look for one...
Old 09-13-2006, 05:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jinkasama
i just checked the web for those two cars. and, your right all the search for the grainger edition is only based on uk and their price is so expensive to convert to dollar.. while masami is a bit cheaper... and is that the latest right?( the masami editioin) thanx i might try to look for one...

If I where you I will just get the regular YOKOMO BD kit. And you can upgrade it to MASAMI spec if you want to.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.