Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Yokomo MR4TC-BD

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2007, 04:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

i have been using plastic out drives aswell i put in new diffbolts and spring i was wondering if they released alloy out drives and i have thought about using ceramic balls as some one told me that they too will produce less heat
i will try the diff again but the diff hasnt been loose or it wasnt barking at all
i will try lock tight on the diff bolt for sure thanks for that ..

always the way the diff letting go when im in the lead by 8 seconds and the car..
i have the original bd is there much difference between the old one and the new mr4tc-bd i havent yet got one cause my old bd is still bloody awsome too drive?
Old 07-18-2007, 04:39 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

yes there is alu diff out drives------> BD-500A ALUM DIFF JOINT

check yokomousa
Old 07-18-2007, 04:46 AM
Tech Elite

thanks for that mate i dont think they send stuff too australia i found them on there web site cheers

do you use the alloy ones at all ?
Old 07-18-2007, 04:55 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

i have some coming this week, should have them in for racing this weeked. ill let u know whats the outcome. as for shipping to australia u could try rc-champ------> http://www.rc-champ.co.jp/Champ_Inte...onal_index.htm just drop them an email, lots of people order from them. they responed to mine in a 2 days or less.
Old 07-18-2007, 07:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (98%+)

Phone Hobby Habit in Adelaide on 82771111 they have them in stock, or did 1 week ago.

Originally Posted by mattwoodcraft
thanks for that mate i dont think they send stuff too australia i found them on there web site cheers

do you use the alloy ones at all ?
Old 07-18-2007, 07:55 AM
Tech Adept

be careful with the alloy outdrives, i use them and thy wear pretty fast in mod. i modify them to use tamiya blades and no problem since that.
Old 07-18-2007, 10:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by canto54
be careful with the alloy outdrives, i use them and thy wear pretty fast in mod. i modify them to use tamiya blades and no problem since that.
what kind of modifications did you do??? could you post pics of your alloy outdrives and universals with the tamiya blades in it...

have you also tried running those on a spool at the front of your bd???
Old 07-18-2007, 01:00 PM
Tech Adept

here's a pic, sorry for the quality
Old 07-18-2007, 08:08 PM
Tech Elite

So when is the new touring car coming out?
Old 07-18-2007, 08:46 PM
Team Tekin

How is this yokomo BD car? I've been looking for a TC and have always like Yokomo's quality. I run the 4wd offroad car and love it. I drove an Xray the other day and it was nice as well. I however like to run something "different" and was wondering how this car was. Is it fragile,etc?
Old 07-18-2007, 09:01 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tantalus007
what kind of modifications did you do??? could you post pics of your alloy outdrives and universals with the tamiya blades in it...

have you also tried running those on a spool at the front of your bd???
yokomo makes a alum spool for the front.

the yokomo is a very strong car if you buy the wide front bumper kit for it, hardly ever have a problem, don't think i've ever broke anything on the rear. if you decide to get one and don't mind used, pm me. i have two and lots of spares, to many spares in fact
Old 07-18-2007, 09:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

canto54: thanks for the pic... but did you dremel the alloy diff outdrives for you to fit the tamiya blades???

skypilot: what i was trying to say was if canto54 also used a alum spool and if he was also able to fit the tamiya blades into the alum spool with any modifications done... sorry for the confusion... but tthanks for the offer thou...
Old 07-19-2007, 12:07 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Randy Pike
How is this yokomo BD car? I've been looking for a TC and have always like Yokomo's quality. I run the 4wd offroad car and love it. I drove an Xray the other day and it was nice as well. I however like to run something "different" and was wondering how this car was. Is it fragile,etc?
I had a lot of tourers over the years, from a tamiya TA02 to TC3 to 2 Xray T1's, corally RDX, Yokomo BD, Robitronic Avid and guess what...

Back to my Yokomo BD, I think especially for asphalt racing its a damn good car. easy to set up, quality parts, looks good, not a new car every year.
Pretty strong too, not as much as an Xray, but still.
What I like most on my BD is, its about 2 years old and drivin hard (spool, 4.5r on 6 cells) and its still whisper quiet. I put in ceramic bearings from the beginning and you dont even hear the car.

Got 2 friends who bought an xray '007, you can hear these well above the sound of my simple BD.
Old 07-19-2007, 03:36 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Randy Pike
Mate, you wont regret it. Its an awesome car. It was released what? 2 and a half maybe more years ago now? I bought the car when it first came out, and then the BDM, and it still goes as strong as ever. The fact that it is now probably atleast a 3 year old design, and its still as competitive as anything says something, when you look at how many cars Xray has released since the BD came out.
And as far as parts, reliability etc, in two and a half years I can count on one hand how many parts I've broken, and probably count on the otherhand how many parts I've had to replace due to them wearing out (running mod too). The only 'weak' thing I found on the car was the plastic and graphite knuckles kept stripping, so it's worthwhile investing in some alloy ones.
You can't go wrong with it.
Old 07-19-2007, 03:59 AM
Tech Elite

i will have too agree about the bd i too have had quiet a few tc but still go back the yokomo its a real gem too drive and responds well too set up change that i have noticed ..

what a brilliant idea i will now have too put tamayia blades into the diffs now aswell thanks for the tip

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.