Wiki Posts
Search

Hot Bodies Cyclone

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2006, 12:31 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by huskerfreak
I am thinking of getting one of these cars and haven't been following this thread very close. So are you running foam tires on carpet than? Also are you running your own chassis that is thicker or anything.

Does anyone have a carpet foam setup that works well with the way the car comes out of box. I mean not Hara's Vegas setup that includes a custom made thicker chassis.

If there is a BMI chassis coming out than what is the eta?
Thanks Jamee
I have my Cyclone setup for carpet foams which has been very impressive, even with the stock one-way. A diff will only make it better (one hit from behind and I'm done, lol)
Old 02-04-2006, 03:48 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by protc3
hey buddy,

i am running the car on asphalt with rubber tires.i dont get to run carpet much.florida is not the place to live for carpet racing (except for the birds)

i will be making a carpet chassis for the car that will be very exotic.i will be making it with the same style battery slots as my 1/12th scale car.the chassis will be made from 3mm c/f as will the top deck.i may do shock towers also.i will need to talk to my test drivers to see what they think.i will be starting on this chassis immediately following the snowbirds.i should be able to have things ready to go within 3-4 weeks from then.i will keep you guys posted with info and pics.there will be some changes made for carpet but i cant say now until i jump into the project with both feet.
That would be awesome !!! just what the cyclone needs a good indoor carpet chassis with (thank god) battery bars !!!, I have only 2 questions : Wich color is it going to be ?, and what's the estimated price tag ?.

Greetings Florian
Old 02-04-2006, 05:00 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Hollowman
That would be awesome !!! just what the cyclone needs a good indoor carpet chassis with (thank god) battery bars !!!, I have only 2 questions : Wich color is it going to be ?, and what's the estimated price tag ?.

Greetings Florian
Only you never drive indoor! Why would you want a carpet chassis.
Old 02-04-2006, 05:31 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Rear Diff

Just assembling the rear diff on the cyclone,

am i too understand from what this thread has been saying, re removing the plastic shims and replacing them with a bearing,

and not to worry about the amount of side movement that exists between pulley and outdrives once assembled???? Just doesnt seem right to me..??
Old 02-04-2006, 05:33 AM
Tech Addict

Yes, replacing the 2 spacers with another bearing makes the diff action better.

Don't worry about the pulley wobble, all Cyclones have this.
Old 02-04-2006, 06:56 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Skill
Yes, replacing the 2 spacers with another bearing makes the diff action better.

Don't worry about the pulley wobble, all Cyclones have this.
yes they do all wobble and ur diff will be better with beaings so yes he right
Old 02-04-2006, 07:37 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hollowman

Greetings Florian
i will be shooting for the 110-120 doallar mark for the chassis top decks and battery strap.if i can do better i will.
Old 02-04-2006, 04:45 PM
Tech Master

Second part of Hara's building tips.

Translation from japanese to english through :
http://world.altavista.com/babelfish/tr

2) Drive system

Good morning it is.
Consequently drive system, they are around the belt.

As for the touring car the component is many, unless it disassembles, either the parts where you cannot insert the hand are not few. Applyingthe screw lock medicine, you assure prevention in the part where the especially screw is easy to loosen. As for here the screw which stops the pulley in front one way.

http://www13.ocn.ne.jp/~mirage-j/AH/...e02/cyc203.jpg
It is the assembly of the rear diff.. You wash the oil content of the component withthe cleaner.

Removal of fat of the especially diff. ball and the diff. ringwhen makingthe diff. which it does not slide is important job.

It is the assembly of the thrust bearing. Make the black grease spreadwellinside the ball. This importance is the point.

The tubeattaching first,when it picks up the ball, job progresses.

Furthermore you pile up the grease from on the ball which it lays.

Setting the thrust washer, it wipes off the grease which protrudes politely.

As for the appearance which is finished such feeling. For the second time, you say, but as for being essential, in order not to be able to designate the spaceas inside the ball,the grease is painted and densely it is む thing.

By the fact thatthe shim is used here the movement of the diff. becomes smoother. When the surface of the spring is not excessively level, because it does not hit to the diff. joint equally, that way is, there are times when it can make unevenness rotary.

Painting the diff. grease in the diff. joint, it sets the diff. ring. While assemblingポロッ and the ring coming off, as for the person who will have been been nervous it isn't? It is the solution with this.
Furthermore in case of the デルリン make diff. joint, before the assembling you will inspect whether there is no Bali.

As for the quantity which paints the diff. grease in the pulley this extent. Well enoughfully it isthe eye.

The screw stop medicine is painted even in the check nut the diff. screw. So unless it does, while repeating yes deceleration, because there are times when adjustment deviates is. In meit isnecessary item.

Another skill which produces the smooth diff.. The shim is insertedeven inthis.

The head of the diff. screw has become "minus", but reallyyou can use the wrenchof 1.5mm. Rather than the negative driver saying unnecessary, with, this one at all is easy.

Being outdoor and the dust are many, one device when it travels. It is the diff. cover. Thin デカルシート it is the original item which the clipping is with the circle cutter and the like.

The point of caution does not obstruct the movement of the diff.. When the movement becomes heavy, it becomes the counter-result. Devising, also those where you find best form pleasantly probably are straw raincoat one.

The bearing is oil system usually, but furthermorenote doinghigh-class oil, it rolls and assures the decrease of resistance.

Center pulley. Even here screw stop medicine.

Those of the long め (black) 2you prepare the screw of the spur gear hub with the photograph. Screw hole both of 2 places which are in the hub using,being to makecore blurring decrease, it does. Method of stopping afterwards.

As for the spur gear "wide?" selecting lightweight machine cutting 64P108T. High accuracy, low it is resistance and lightweight one item. Ipay attention especiallyto light weight conversion of the drive part. Even in spur finishing blow screw screw stop medicine.

As for the center shaft there are 2 types. Because I use center one way, with the photograph it unites withthe shaft for center one wayabove.

Component around center shaft. It unites with the line of the photograph. As for shim the left as for 4×1mm and the right 4×0.25mm. When uniting this assembly to the chassis,in order for 0.2 aboutmm clearances to be possible, the shim thickness is adjusted.

2 long screws of the spur gear hub temporarily locks vis-a-visthe centershaft.

It enters into the final tightening of the spur gear hub. Firstthe screw of opposite sideof D cutting is tightened securely.

By the way, if you look at イモネジ of the center pulley, you understand D cutting is either one, don't you think?. It isthis oppositeside.

And D cutting side is tightened securely.

Being to be the place where here it is easy to loosenit tightenssecurely. Simply it is not necessary to become like this to the face. It preserves power to race/lace.

When it is placed in the mount.

Trying turning, the spur being off-center, when it reaches and eccentricity has done, screwing the installation screw of the spur is redone, position is changed, with it copes.

Front one-way assembly. It unites in order of the photograph. The shim 0.2 mm (silver), 0.1mm (the kappa) inserts each 1.

Rear diff. assembly. As for method of uniting the same on.

The cam as the angle understands at the glance, when the marking is inserted, is convenient.

When so, possible, to here

プシƒ…ッ! (It continues)

1. Preparation item, carbon material edge processing
2. Drive system
3. The belt it turns and attaches, the foot turns and attaches 1
4. The foot it turns and attaches 2, adjustment
5. Shock assembly
6. Mechanic loading

UNQUOTE

So this was step 2 out of three.
The direct link is the following:
http://www13.ocn.ne.jp/~mirage-j/AH/...yclone01.htm#2
Old 02-05-2006, 05:35 AM
Tech Master

Does anyone have suggestion where the best place to put some weights on the cyclone?

-Luie
Old 02-05-2006, 05:56 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

i put them behind the batteries and behind the motor.the car is a little front heavy.i have not yet went nuts trying to balance it yet but the rearward weight is definately not gonna hurt.
Old 02-05-2006, 01:39 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Majority of my weights are place in:

about 50 grams = between the battery and electronics
about 15 grams each under the front one way and rear diff

I also used the Hudy balancing tool which looks pretty balance to me.
Old 02-05-2006, 07:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (93%+)

Does anyone know when the surikan and hara edition cyclones come out and where they will be available at ?
Old 02-05-2006, 09:18 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Should be out within 2 weeks
Old 02-06-2006, 12:33 AM
Tech Master

thanks guys....... anyone had there hands on the so called updated cyclone yet? I buying one from rc model today ill post pics once i recieve it.
Old 02-06-2006, 05:24 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by John Doucakis

Being outdoor and the dust are many, one device when it travels. It is the diff. cover. Thin ?????? it is the original item which the clipping is with the circle cutter and the like.
Where can I find these diff covers?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.