Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

Xray T1FK05

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2005, 08:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Tightned up the belts if your running one of Eric's 19T motors or any other 19T motor. With a stock motor, you can get away running the loosest belt settings to free up the drag. But for 19 turn or lower, tightned those belts.

Last edited by Roger; 07-04-2005 at 10:50 AM.
Old 07-05-2005, 11:10 AM
Tech Elite

O kay. I love this car. It's so smooth and is a rip on outdoor asphalt. I've been running it with the stock set up with a one-way. I love the steering it is giving me, but some of the layouts we've been running could definately use a spool for braking, rip out of corner, etc. Other than just changing it to a spool, what are you guys doing to compensate? What set up differences are you running with the spool?
Old 07-05-2005, 04:48 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

hey guys,
i just wanted to show you my new fk05 chassis kit.this is now my final version and is now going into production.it will be coming with the chassis,top deck,shock towers,battery strap,4 standoffs for the top deck,and 2 standoffs for the battery strap.the bottom of the chassis is recessed for tape under the batteries.here are some pics of the chassis kit and the new standoffs i have made for the kits.let me know what you think.
Attached Thumbnails Xray T1FK05-production-fk05.jpg   Xray T1FK05-fk05-tape-pocket.jpg   Xray T1FK05-fk05-standoffs.jpg  
Old 07-05-2005, 05:02 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by protc3
hey guys,
i just wanted to show you my new fk05 chassis kit.this is now my final version and is now going into production.it will be coming with the chassis,top deck,shock towers,battery strap,4 standoffs for the top deck,and 2 standoffs for the battery strap.the bottom of the chassis is recessed for tape under the batteries.here are some pics of the chassis kit and the new standoffs i have made for the kits.let me know what you think.
SWEET When will pricing and availability be posted?
Old 07-05-2005, 05:49 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

the price is gonna be set at $154.99 and comes with the chassis,top deck,battery brace,battery standoffs(2 pc.),and 4 standoffs that go between the top deck and the chassis,and shock towers.the mounting holes for the motor mount are slotted to allow gear mesh adjustment without removing your batteries and also allows for real monster size pinions.the chassis will fit the xray battery strap or the one i supply with the kit.the chassis allows for the use of tape or the battery strap.the chassis will fit all new cells also
Old 07-05-2005, 05:53 PM
Tech Master

Hi i'm currently doing some research for my next tc. And the fk05 has been on my mind lately. The total kit at my lhs is around $350, but some people tell me it's gonna be another $100 to get this car up and running. What are the absoloute neccesaties for this car in stock class. ie springs, sway bars, mutli-diff.

thanks
Old 07-05-2005, 06:19 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by axel
Hi i'm currently doing some research for my next tc. And the fk05 has been on my mind lately. The total kit at my lhs is around $350, but some people tell me it's gonna be another $100 to get this car up and running. What are the absoloute neccesaties for this car in stock class. ie springs, sway bars, mutli-diff.

thanks
I would suggest getting the spring steel front hubs and high impact bumper. If your racing on ashpalt you might want to think about getting the multi-diff so you can run a spool. Other than that it is a pretty competitive car out of the box.
Old 07-05-2005, 07:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

protc3: How many millimeters is that chassis ? 2.0, 2.5, 3.0 ?? Thanks
Old 07-05-2005, 08:08 PM
Tech Regular

axel i would get the ultimate spring set and if you can the additonal spring set don't worry about anything else if your lhs supports x-ray anyhting you break (car is pretty sturdy hard to break) you can replace.
Old 07-06-2005, 12:12 AM
Tech Elite

Jason:
Chassis looks nice. How thick is it and what are you trying to accomplish that the standard one does not? One suggestion; space is a premium and organizing electronics hard with standard chassis. I like to run a fan, but with servo, esc, receiver and fan in line, it is really tight. What's worse is that the antenna mount is taking up valuable real estate, if you could, it woulkd be great to relocate mount to upper deck, or another spot so that it doesn't get in the way as much. My 2 cents.
Old 07-06-2005, 01:13 AM
Tech Elite

quick question, do the xray springs fit the tamiya shocks? and am i able to use large foams with these shocks and still get sufficent droop? a friend told me i cant.

also is the 4 hole tamiya piston = to the 4 holes open in a xray shock?

Old 07-06-2005, 10:03 AM
Tech Elite

You can use Xray springs with Tamiya shocks. Not sure what shock position you run, but I just unscrew the ball cup from the shaft a few turns to make them longer. I have more than enough length for droop, etc.
Old 07-06-2005, 11:25 AM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by protc3
hey guys,
It's sweet........What's the chassis thickness?
Old 07-06-2005, 11:27 AM
Tech Master

iirc he said it was 2.5mm
Old 07-06-2005, 02:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Smile Optional Parts

Originally Posted by axel
thanks
It is a pity that the multi diff is not in the US kit. It is in the kit we have in Australia.

My friend runs an 05 in Stock - he has the multidiff running as a standard one-way. All the gear straight out of the box - no options. Boy it is fast!

If you go to the hudy web site there is a good article about the design of the '05 with Martin Hudy. In it he says sways aren't necessary.

Here is the link:
http://www.teamxray.com/teamxray/new...&kategoria=548

I selling my old Evo3 to get one...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.