Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

Xray T1FK05

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2005, 11:44 AM
Tech Addict

My car makes a clicking sound when running and it is one of the pins that secure the pulley gears on the alu layshaft. Does anyone else have this issue. I have checked the part and seems like this is a loose fit??
Old 07-01-2005, 01:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I remember someone had the same issue and someone found the solution. You might want to scroll through the last 4 pages.
Old 07-01-2005, 01:32 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by acutts
My car makes a clicking sound when running and it is one of the pins that secure the pulley gears on the alu layshaft. Does anyone else have this issue. I have checked the part and seems like this is a loose fit??
Yeah, someone else had experienced the same problem as well. Their solution was to place a small dab of silicone grease on the pin as it is inserted into the layshaft. Apparently it killed the clicking noise.
Old 07-01-2005, 03:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

that was me that had that problem and yes the silicone has done the trick as the clicking noise still hasnt come back.
Old 07-01-2005, 06:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Advil
...and just think about this....that was just the first four corners of the track. LMAO@Harsh We'll do better next time! LOL
...yea dude ...I felt so bad ...but not bad enough to do a s&g ...those berms were KILLING me, I felt like a Tijuana Whoare, spent more of my time on my back than on my wheels!!! ...with the walls at Speedworld at least I bounce back into the driving line

BTW ..the secret sticky sauce didn't seem to provide any more traction as good old Dr. Skipper, when you couple that with the amount of time it takes for the molasses to pour out, having to mix it, the smell, the mess of pouring the stuff into the sprayer, etc.., etc... I think I'll just be sticking to my tried and proven Dr. Skipper traction compound.
Old 07-01-2005, 07:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

50/50 mix of Dr. Thunder and Rootbeer was what we used in Salinas. You can find these ingredients at your local Wal Mart. It's cheap too
Old 07-01-2005, 09:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Originally Posted by speedy-932
Hi,

can anyone look on the belts of his car and tell me the numbers (are there numbers?) which are printed on the belt?

Thanks in advance
Cheers
Chris
here it goes: 305442 rear belt, 305431 front
Old 07-02-2005, 01:18 AM
Tech Elite

Photo of 30 minute paint job.
Attached Thumbnails Xray T1FK05-img_1764.jpg  
Old 07-02-2005, 06:03 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Roger
Like that .......huh! I can't believe you put your xray on your Benz to take a picture! But I do like the paint job.
Old 07-02-2005, 06:07 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Roger
30 minutes!?! What were you on, speed, paint, and a blow dryer?!? And I am very suprised as well you took a photo on of it on top of the Benz. Working late again?
Old 07-02-2005, 04:20 PM
Tech Elite

yeeeeeahhhhhh, you like that huh. On top of the Benz even
Old 07-02-2005, 05:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

greetings xray'ers. i've been saving my pennies like a good boy (still running a tc3) and am ready to commit to a new sedan. i have pretty much decided on an fk05, and would like to start out with all the 'choice' hop-ups right off the bat. i did this with my tc3 several years ago and was very happy. anyway, for stock club racing (ie no minimum weight), please list the items that i should be looking at. i'm already going for the ceramic bearings, aluminum front steering knuckles, debating on aluminum shock bodies vs. tamiya shocks, p-dub bumper. picked up a multi-diff today and some spare parts.

so:

1. what hop-ups should i be looking at.

2. what are common spares to carry beyond arms, carriers, pivot mounts and rod ends?

thanks in advance.
Old 07-02-2005, 06:29 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by gee-dub
greetings xray'ers. i've been saving my pennies like a good boy (still running a tc3) and am ready to commit to a new sedan. i have pretty much decided on an fk05, and would like to start out with all the 'choice' hop-ups right off the bat. i did this with my tc3 several years ago and was very happy. anyway, for stock club racing (ie no minimum weight), please list the items that i should be looking at. i'm already going for the ceramic bearings, aluminum front steering knuckles, debating on aluminum shock bodies vs. tamiya shocks, p-dub bumper. picked up a multi-diff today and some spare parts.

so:

2. what are common spares to carry beyond arms, carriers, pivot mounts and rod ends?

thanks in advance.
The car is a winner right out of the box unlike the tc3 / tc4 you do not need to spend gobs of money to HOP UP the car. the aluminum steering knuckles and rear stand ups are nice but not realy needed You already got the multi diff so the only other thing I can suggest is mybe frt and rear sway bars and of course extra springs for tuning your suspension
Old 07-02-2005, 06:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

so:

thanks in advance.
If you plan on running carpet I would recommend buying the hard front & rear arms in addition to 4.5 hard hub carriers, and wide top deck. If you are going to run 64 pitch pinion gears I would also recommend buying a PRS 116 tooth Pro-Lite Spur gear.

Note: no sanding or drilling of spur gear needed, as you do on Kimbrough or any other spur gears!!

Attached below is a link to the web site:http://www.precisionracingsystems.com/products/9

Best Regards

Alex
Old 07-03-2005, 01:37 AM
V12
Tech Elite

so:

thanks in advance.
as Howard said already there is no need for buying alot of hopups. You really donīt need ceramics. After some runs the drivetrain is as free as could be feels similar to a shaft car. Wide topdecks or things maybe good for foams but if you run rubbers you donīt need this. I would go for a P-Dub bumper, spring set and different gears as the Xray ones are too soft. Also the new battery brace if you donīt like taping in your cells like me and most others here. Beside this the springsteel axles for the front is very good. I donīt have run this car very much now so didnīt need any spares but I know the FK05 is very strong. I definitely would buy some blades as these seems to break easily especially when using a spool. Maybe itīs a good idea also replacing the silver flathead screws right in the beginning as these are a little soft and some people seem having problems with them. At least you should use a very good tool with them as the Hudy tools. I replaced most of the screws with some stainless steel screws what look very good also. Titanium isnīt needed as the Xray is extremly lightweight from stock.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.